Business Insider: 'Halo Infinite' struggling

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Pretty hilarious how nobody is talking about I/O throughput anymore and we all still riding the same damn elevators.

I/O is still very important. Let's say, important enough for a reactionary API creation. :troll:

And if you're prodding at the Sony storage solution, I was certainly intrigued but apprehensive as the fastest m2 drives are only a few seconds at most better than a SATA3 SSD. We would have to see if devs make use of the technology, to which I'd say no at the moment. :ehh: It's the Cloud, but for Sony. :lolbron:

Lastly, I wouldn't take advice from someone who thinks I/O isn't used to provide details on the specifications or power of a console.

Also as usual your Sony stan musings above are false and out of touch.

Do better sucka :ufdup:

Defend 343 and MS mishandling Halo because you're a stan, brehjitos.

All they had to do was let Bungie branch out and do other shyt. :yeshrug:

MS loves having sequel factories. This is why the Forza/Halo/Gears triangle is memed on.

Sony is probably just gonna let Bungie do whatever as long as Sony gets to publish. Smart decision. Meanwhile, you have PlayGround that is probably on their 6th iteration of Forza Horizon, 343 has done nothing but bad Halo, The Coalition has done nothing but Gears.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I/O is still very important. Let's say, important enough for a reactionary API creation. :troll:

And if you're prodding at the Sony storage solution, I was certainly intrigued but apprehensive as the fastest m2 drives are only a few seconds at most better than a SATA3 SSD. We would have to see if devs make use of the technology, to which I'd say no at the moment. :ehh: It's the Cloud, but for Sony. :lolbron:

Lastly, I wouldn't take advice from someone who thinks I/O isn't used to provide details on the specifications or power of a console.
Still have not seen or heard that term uttered about anything when it comes to gaming now that Sony marketing stopped saying it.

Hard drives or Ram are not advertised with the term.

You fell for the Sony cloud marketing up front now you wanna shy away from that dumb shyt you were saying :ufdup:

Defend 343 and MS mishandling Halo because you're a stan, brehjitos.
The things you said were factually false.

No halo game has ever launched with the Forge.

Infinite has the same amount of maps as any 343 game at launch.

Both Halo 2 and 3 had huge controversies about missing content and performance. None of them launched with more game modes than infinite accept Halo 5.

Obviously the games turned out good. But this revisionist history that bungie was just perfect in their development and release of Halo games is just false.

And a thing Sony stans such as yourself like to repeat proving how clearly ignorant you are on the subject.

Do better little buddy :cheers:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Still have not seen or heard that term uttered about anything when it comes to gaming now that Sony marketing stopped saying it.

Hard drives or Ram are not advertised with the term.

I wasn't aware the advertisement campaigns are beholden to the way of life according to Meach. Though, it isn't uncommon to see the read/writes speeds advertised on the box so I'm not sure what poorly constructed angle of semantics you're going to play here.
You fell for the Sony cloud marketing up front now you wanna shy away from that dumb shyt you were saying :ufdup:

I already did receipts on my apprehensiveness before. :yawn: Stop circling the same old topics. It's like you're a MS game studio. :lolbron:

No halo game has ever launched with the Forge.

Strange, I never used the term "launch" in my post.

Now that you mention it, considering the amount of time they had, it is inexcusable not to have certain things at launch.

Infinite has the same amount of maps as any 343 game at launch.

It was comparative to Bungie. Nobody really needs to 343 vs 343 because it will always = underwhelming for a Halo game.

Even Halo 3 got extra maps early in its cycle. 14 years apparently isn't enough for 343 to have better than 2007 standards in 2021. :manny:

Both Halo 2 and 3 had huge controversies about missing content and performance. None of them launched with more game modes than infinite accept Halo 5.

And none nowhere near as bad as Infinite and the restrictive modes and playlists, outright missing modes (like co-op) and languishing core issues that stymie performance (desyncs, rendering issues, crashes) or the annoyances of price gouging in the store.

All of which 343 has commented on already.

Obviously the games turned out good. But this revisionist history that bungie was just perfect in their development and release of Halo games is just false.

Perfection isn't inferred. Quality is. Bungie was clearly better at this with harder restrictions in the 00s.

You even have 343 stating they've learned from the pitfalls of every release they've done to try and do better the next round. They can acknowledge their lackluster releases and underwhelming development cycle, but you don't agree with the people responsible. :ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wasn't aware the advertisement campaigns are beholden to the way of life according to Meach. Though, it isn't uncommon to see the read/writes speeds advertised on the box so I'm not sure what poorly constructed angle of semantics you're going to play here.
It’s not semantics. It’s literally my point. No one cares about or even mentions the term. It was said by Sony marketing, then repeated by you Sony stans as the be all end all metric of console performance.

In reality it was just clever marketing.

I already did receipts on my apprehensiveness before. :yawn: Stop circling the same old topics. It's like you're a MS game studio. :lolbron:
You got yourself being dead wrong in your sig.

Im not the one who keeps circling the same topic :ufdup:

Strange, I never used the term "launch" in my post.
Then how the hell you comparing games that have been rehashed and added to for decades, to a game that’s been out of few months.

Does that make sense to you :stopitslime:

Now that you mention it, considering the amount of time they had, it is inexcusable not to have certain things at launch.
They had pretty much the same amount of time as most AAA games and they shipped a product that has more content than most AAA games

It was comparative to Bungie. Nobody really needs to 343 vs 343 because it will always = underwhelming for a Halo game.

Even Halo 3 got extra maps early in its cycle. 14 years apparently isn't enough for 343 to have better than 2007 standards in 2021. :manny:
Which 2021 game launched with more content than Halo??

And none nowhere near as bad as Infinite and the restrictive modes and playlists, outright missing modes (like co-op) and languishing core issues that stymie performance (desyncs, rendering issues, crashes) or the annoyances of price gouging in the store.
Halo 3 was broken as fukk at launch and cut short entire levels on the single player side. Same goes for 2.

They both had the same/similar modes as infinite.

Things like forge, odball, etc came well after launch.

Halo infinite online performance is by far the best in the series, and better than all of the other online FPS released recently.

The game is FTP there is no such thing as price gouging. It’s just cosmetics, all actual content is free.

Past halo games had more, and more expensive in game purchases.

Perfection isn't inferred. Quality is. Bungie was clearly better at this with harder restrictions in the 00s.
Bungie had extreme development issues and both halo 2 and 3 barely made it out. It’s all been very much documented since.

You even have 343 stating they've learned from the pitfalls of every release they've done to try and do better the next round. They can acknowledge their lackluster releases and underwhelming development cycle, but you don't agree with the people responsible. :ehh:
Every game studio says the same shyt :stopitslime:

Like I said. It’s clear you don’t know what you are talking about and have not spent any significant time with the series. Just repeating criticisms you heard somewhere.

It’s really pitiful behavior. Don’t know why you weirdos behave like this :smh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
giphy.gif