Business Insider: 'Halo Infinite' struggling

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They just need to improve the live service aspects of multiplayer. Gameplay is excellent and the new maps and game modes will certainly come over time. They've made nice incremental updates so far but they need better rewards and a more robust progression system for Season 2 to keep players engaged over long periods of time

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
As soon as I seen my screen get filled out the gate with a whole bunch of items they want me to buy for multiplayer, I uninstalled it with the quickness :ld:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The gameplay is fun and is the best since halo 3… but the players are the worst.

I don’t mean they can’t play or are noobs, but half are causal players and the other half are die hards. These guys will quit if there’s not winning and only like smashing on noobs and lower level players. Then you have the die hards who are only playing for armor and other upgrades.

There is also no level select for the campaign and only 3-4 maps in each playlist. And this would be ok but the maps are nothing special.

This is the big problem with modern gaming it’s designed to be addictive by constantly rewarding you for playing. If a player has an addictive personality then is a good thing, but for casual players the games just gets boring.

back in the day people played for bragging rights, now they play for custom armor

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The days of dropping an arena shooters and letting the multi-player carry the game through content droughts ended a while ago. Gotta have a constant feed of content to keep the game appealing or repayable at this point.
Online shooters have evolved. I think you need a BR to have any lasting power at this point.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I got tired of playing objective based games. The matchmaking selection sucked dikk so i stopped playing.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Kind of makes you appreciate the care Bungie took compared to 343. Forge, different playlists, good map choices, abundance of modes, co-op. 343 can't even get common matchmaking bugs squashed and weeks are turning into months. :huhldup: What version did they plan to release before Craig pushed their shyt back? Hopefully it doesn't take as long as MCC took to turn around.

On that note, this tells me players should not expect a faster turnaround, as it seems like their tools for development AND debugging (if any) are garbage. Can't have more playlists because the UI doesn't accept a list? :skip: Turned out that was a lie, though. Sorting bugs from November in February because holidays expand 13 weeks all of a sudden? A cornerstone mode in Big Team Battle goes unplayable for weeks, and the first round of fixes made it worse.

343 is absolutely garbage, tone-deaf, and this is the development horseshyt I fear when MS does acquisitions. If this is how MS treats the franchise that literally sold them into competition, what would they do with other studios' creations that don't have as much personal worth to the company?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Kind of makes you appreciate the care Bungie took compared to 343. Forge, different playlists, good map choices, abundance of modes, co-op. 343 can't even get common matchmaking bugs squashed and weeks are turning into months. :huhldup: What version did they plan to release before Craig pushed their shyt back? Hopefully it doesn't take as long as MCC took to turn around.

On that note, this tells me players should not expect a faster turnaround, as it seems like their tools for development AND debugging (if any) are garbage. Can't have more playlists because the UI doesn't accept a list? :skip: Turned out that was a lie, though. Sorting bugs from November in February because holidays expand 13 weeks all of a sudden? A cornerstone mode in Big Team Battle goes unplayable for weeks, and the first round of fixes made it worse.

343 is absolutely garbage, tone-deaf, and this is the development horseshyt I fear when MS does acquisitions. If this is how MS treats the franchise that literally sold them into competition, what would they do with other studios' creations that don't have as much personal worth to the company?
Just checked out your sig.

Pretty hilarious how nobody is talking about I/O throughput anymore and we all still riding the same damn elevators.

Thanks for reminding me that I was right once again :cheers:

Also as usual your Sony stan musings above are false and out of touch.

Do better sucka :ufdup:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

All they had to do was let Bungie branch out and do other shyt. :yeshrug: