Burkina Faso,Mali & Guinea express solidarity w/ Niger🇳🇪 and warn that ANY military intervention against Niger is a DECLARATION OF WAR | Algeria joins

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Algeria another former french colony is siding with the coup. Strange :jbhmm:

Arabs at that..odd.
But people there all felt the bullshyt France comes with since the 1800s..

They see this perhaps as their chance to finally break free from that colonial hold and get a real 2nd independence this time :mjlol:

Daps
I think they should leave them to do their thing. If they want military governments, then so be it. However, I do not think Nigeria and Ghana would like this kind of precedent seeing how corrupt their democracies have been. Nigeria especially will be very nervous at the timing given the removal of subsidies and the simultaneous increase in salaries and emoluments for the ruling class.

Labour is about to go on a strike soon, any kind of unrest could get the military here thinking. Spooky times for us in West Africa
I think their concern is moreso that the power vacuum allows the jihadists to strengthen their position, consolidate and keep pushing south. There's already a refugee problem because of what's happening in Burkina Faso. It's just unnecessary problems they'd have to deal with if they were idle onlookers

Daps
The religion was introduced there at the end of a sword. Basically convert or die. And they're still at it to this day. They tried that in Mozambique and got slaughtered by the AU led by Rwanda.
No, it wasn't. Islam spread to Sub-Saharan Africa via trade. It spread to North Africa via the sword. Btw Mozambique has had muslim enclaves for about 1000 years. North Mozambique (like the city of Sofala which was established by Somalis) was part of the Swahili Coast sphere of influence. Swahilis have been muslim since the 8th century which came from Arab trade.

And once the Islamic world knows you're also Muslim, you have automatically laid out a welcome mat to the islamists. They will come, seek and demand your solidarity like a gang does.
This is only a partial truth. Sure an Islamic country is more likely to harbour Islamo-Fascists. However, there's always been conflicts within Islam and the Islamic world. Sunni vs Shia. The Yemeni conflict.

Notice how all the Muslim nations are enduring some form of strife but the non Islamic ones are not.
Really!? That's a big claim. Strife happens regardless of religion.

As I stated, I'm no fan of Islam but blaming it for every problem within Islamic countries is foolish.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
France gets kicked out (which I support) and then what? Thats the issue with pretty much any thing black people have done in the past century.

Quick to flash out without a real plan after the dust settles. Does anyone really believe there is going to be good governance, leadership, institutional building, and foreign investment that will come after this? Raw unrefined commodities mean very little without any industrial capacity especially when you don't have a monopoly on said resource.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
France gets kicked out (which I support) and then what? Thats the issue with pretty much any thing black people have done in the past century.

Quick to flash out without a real plan after the dust settles. Does anyone really believe there is going to be good governance, leadership, institutional building, and foreign investment that will come after this? Raw unrefined commodities mean very little without any industrial capacity especially when you don't have a monopoly on said resource.

Getting the French leeches off their backs in Francophone Africa will go a long way in changing their fortunes on the long run. The only thing up in the air is what happens in short term. These countries still pay colonial tax to France & they also don’t have independent economies since their currency is controlled by France. Thus putting them at the mercy of France in everything they do. So, there’s basically no way they can develop based on the status quo.

In short term, the whole Sahel region has been a shythouse & jihadist haven, ravaged by destabilisation since the collapse of Libya. And civilian governments have had no answers in curbing the menace, apart from inviting foreign players to set up bases there, under the guise of ‘fighting terrorism’, whilst losing more sovereignty. So, military government in that region can’t be worse tbh. And they’re also more equipped to fight the Jihadists in the region if they have the right intentions.

Admittedly, most military governments in Africa historically have always been bad. However, not all coups are created equally. Jerry Rawlings of Ghana also seized power via a coup & he remains top-2 GOAT presidents that Ghana has ever had. Ditto the likes of Thomas Sankara & Gaddafi. It all depends on the motive of the coup & coup plotters.

I’ve always maintained that for most of Africa to be truly independent - a lot of the countries would’ve to go through a dark period of dictatorship & sacrifices would’ve to be made. You need a strong man to reverse a lot of laws & colonial mistakes whilst breaking free from the western chokehold via decrees - without the bureaucracy & politicking that come with democracy. Unilateral decisions have to be made & enforced - for the reset button.

All in all, it depends on the motive behind all these coups & what their end game is hence I’m still observing what’s going on. Also, the timing is perfect cos this is the weakest Europe has been post WW2 both militarily & economically.

If they can get it right - the short term pain would be worth the long term win. But you never know & there’s too much smoke in the air.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Getting the French leeches off their backs in Francophone Africa will go a long way in changing their fortunes on the long run. The only thing up in the air is what happens in short term. These countries still pay colonial tax to France & they also don’t have independent economies since their currency is controlled by France. Thus putting them at the mercy of France in everything they do. So, there’s basically no way they can develop based on the status quo.

In short term, the whole Sahel region has been a shythouse & jihadist haven, ravaged by destabilisation since the collapse of Libya. And civilian governments have had no answers in curbing the menace, apart from inviting foreign players to set up bases there, under the guise of ‘fighting terrorism’, whilst losing more sovereignty. So, military government in that region can’t be worse tbh. And they’re also more equipped to fight the Jihadists in the region if they have the right intentions.

Admittedly, most military governments in Africa historically have always been bad. However, not all coups are created equally. Jerry Rawlings of Ghana also seized power via a coup & he remains top-2 GOAT presidents that Ghana has ever had. Ditto the likes of Thomas Sankara & Gaddafi. It all depends on the motive of the coup & coup plotters.

I’ve always maintained that for most of Africa to be truly independent - a lot of the countries would’ve to go through a dark period of dictatorship & sacrifices would’ve to be made. You need a strong man to reverse a lot of laws & colonial mistakes whilst breaking free from the western chokehold via decrees - without the bureaucracy & politicking that come with democracy. Unilateral decisions have to be made & enforced - for the reset button.

All in all, it depends on the motive behind all these coups & what their end game is hence I’m still observing what’s going on. Also, the timing is perfect cos this is the weakest Europe has been post WW2 both militarily & economically.

If they can get it right - the short term pain would be worth the long term win. But you never know & there’s too much smoke in the air.

Like I said, I support removal of France, but what your post basically boils down to is counting on fortune and good luck. Things may break in a way thats positive for the Sahel but I hate that these strong men never have concrete visions for nation/institution building before leaping out.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Senegal had anti French protests the other day in Dakar

Western media is making the same mistake they made in Indochina.

They think nationalist uprisings or coupd are a foreign plot to advance a Russian agenda lol

West Africans grow tired of France and like the Vietnamese in the 1950s-1970s, we’re willing to work with whomever