Burkina Faso,Mali & Guinea express solidarity w/ Niger🇳🇪 and warn that ANY military intervention against Niger is a DECLARATION OF WAR | Algeria joins

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Yes. Unfortunately, some people vast overestimate the leverage that comes with commodities.

I think you may be underestimating the leverage Niger may have over France. Vast majority of France's electricity production is nuclear. Further, Niger provides 15%, or about 1/6th, of all France's uranium needs. Niger accounts for 1/5 of all European uranium stock. Seems they have a significant influence on the energy market in France. Also - France's top two supply lines come from Uzbekistan and Khazakstan which means they need Russian permission to move through the region to get to France. Given the Ukraine war, France can be jammed up real quick.

300px-France_Electricity_production_1981-2017_%28EIA%29.png

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
So in short, does this mean Russia is recolonizing all France's former colonies? If it wasn't sad it would be hilarious.

Too many African leaders loyal to the west. This may actually be the time to take a step back and do nothing, let the Americans and French go handle their own issue with Russia

No, it does not.

Russia is not capable of creating its own version of Francafrique.

The Niger coup, as the White House confirmed last week, doesn’t even have any links to Russia.

Americans in this thread, for some reason, see Russia and China everywhere. Perhaps due a long-standing cultural paranoia of Eurasia.

You should listen to Africans in this thread who are telling you what’s actually going on. Historically, we Africans should be wary of Americans like you. America always allies with enemies to Africa.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I think you may be underestimating the leverage Niger may have over France. Vast majority of France's electricity production is nuclear. Further, Niger provides 15%, or about 1/6th, of all France's uranium needs. Niger accounts for 1/5 of all European uranium stock. Seems they have a significant influence on the energy market in France. Also - France's top two supply lines come from Uzbekistan and Khazakstan which means they need Russian permission to move through the region to get to France. Given the Ukraine war, France can be jammed up real quick.

300px-France_Electricity_production_1981-2017_%28EIA%29.png

???

I was talking about the West as whole not France. France isn't calling any shots in the West. Russia's energy war has already failed....not the route Niger should go down when ultimately you will want to renegotiate with these same buyers.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it does not.

Russia is not capable of creating its own version of Francafrique.

The Niger coup, as the White House confirmed last week, doesn’t even have any links to Russia.

Americans in this thread, for some reason, see Russia and China everywhere. Perhaps due a long-standing cultural paranoia of Eurasia.

You should listen to Africans in this thread who are telling you what’s actually going on. Historically, we Africans should be wary of Americans like you. America always allies with enemies to Africa.
I'm African myself, I'm just speaking rhetorically trying to make sense of everyone's logic. I used 'recolonize' in a sarcastic sense more so influence. I think we are all blind men touching a giant elephant trying to figure out what it is.

Here is an African opinion you may not agree with...

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That's what a lot of people don't understand. Russia don't have that type of gas.

Even at the USSR’s height, its power in Africa was limited to cooperation with African states (ex. the Derg versus Barre regime).

Contrast this with France and the United States which currently both have thousands of soldiers in Africa…

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm African myself, I'm just speaking rhetorically trying to make sense of everyone's logic. I used 'recolonize' in a sarcastic sense more so influence. I think we are all blind men touching a giant elephant trying to figure out what it is.

Here is an African opinion you may not agree with...

I haven’t listened but Nigeria will be torn asunder if it creates a humanitarian crisis in Niger

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
We’re having a Malcolm vs Martin discussion at the moment. Cut it out.
I wouldn't even call it that. Removing France is an objectively good thing. But the next step should be democracy, not continued military dictatorship. It should also revolve around securing resources, not bragging about fake resource information via (Russian) twitter bots while doing nothing.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Meloni just is playing to her base to stop migrants across the coast. That’s not “a deep role in Africa” on par with Chinese resource extraction or Russian defense engagements.
So NATO countries being involved with African resources doesn't reflect on NATO as a whole? The uranium and chocolate dont count?

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
LOL. Waiting on what? They know how the Mandingos get down. Hell the Akan people in Ivory Coast and Ghana are originally from the land of the Mande. That is why the current country of Ghana is named after the Soninke Empire of Ghana. The Soninke are Mande people. Nobody wants that smoke.
akan people are not mande

i don't even know where that correlation came from. they are not close linguistically or genetically

i first read that from wikipedia and was confused

don't know where they are from but they are not mandes.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
akan people are not mande

i don't even know where that correlation came from. they are not close linguistically or genetically

i first read that from wikipedia and was confused

don't know where they are from but they are not mandes.

Some historians say Akans migrated down from the Sahel but they’re distinct from Mande