Bungie Devs Say Atmosphere Is ‘Soul-Crushing

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Make better games then.

Been eating off of one IP for the last what? 15 years?

Do better, branch out, make more interesting games, fukking diversify your offerings even a little bit.
Like Santa Monica studios and naughty dog :francis:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Sony has ruined bungie smh, they should have chosen a different investor
Bungie was already headed to the toilet. These the same folks that said Destiny would be a 10 year game, only to turn around 3 years later and make players start over in Destiny 2 ...... This was after selling everyone MULTIPLE barebones DLC (the only exception was TTK. ) They changed the game for worse in destiny 2 then did the same thing with expansions

Imagine if blizzard did that with WoW. PC terrorists would've actually tried to blow something up

• Dap
Reactions: TDT

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Time for Sony to take over fully and stop with this “independent” shyt. You want to be independent, then you better fukking earn it.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Bungie has been trash for many years now, Sony saw what they bought and told those fakkits :camby:

Destiny is terrible

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Sony knew what they were doing. You let Bungie be “independent”, let them do their thing and take advantage of their experience. If they fukk up, then Sony just completely takes them over and they still own that experience and everything, while saving a bit of face because they gave Bungie their shot at being independent.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Bungie was already headed to the toilet. These the same folks that said Destiny would be a 10 year game, only to turn around 3 years later and make players start over in Destiny 2 ...... This was after selling everyone MULTIPLE barebones DLC (the only exception was TTK. ) They changed the game for worse in destiny 2 then did the same thing with expansions

Imagine if blizzard did that with WoW. PC terrorists would've actually tried to blow something up
I dislike bungie practices as much as the next guy, but they said Destiny as a franchise would be a 10 year story. Not just Destiny 1.

And when it comes to Blizzard you must have not been around for the D3 launch. That shyt was wild

:mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sony saved them and now we're blaming Sony for Bungie being a poorly ran company with a good product past it's shelf life.
The fact that people are acting like this is in response to the Activision deal are hilarious, nobody goes out and spends $3.5B on a whim. They've been negotiating this deal for months and now it starts to make sense why Bungie had been hiring so heavy and expanding leading up to this announcement.

So we got n*ggas in the Bungie thread acting like Bungie is a case of top ramen but in here to get their jokes off, Bungie is a AAA studio. So is it oochie wally or one mic?

Because if Bungie isn't worth the money, Duck's premise of Sony building a studio isn't far off.
Brother Hood, you don't have to go out like this. :mjcry:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Reminds me of the dmx lyric from It's On,

Never expect to get away with the same shyt more than twice
Never forget you could get it too for a price

They tried to do the same thing three times. They've been on borrowed time with their fukkery.

TDT

All Star
Daps
It’s a goddamn shame they went on 10 year run with Destiny/D2 just to flounder at the very end of the journey

As someone with thousands of hours in the series, I do hope they can close it out proper. Despite the ups and downs throughout the years it’s been one helluva run :manny:

greedy upper management screwed it up for EVERYONE, the players, the devs and lower managers sad really. after witch queen it was trending up and then lighfall pretty much killed it in less than a year smh

I had to give up on Destiny 2 for that exact reason
Stopped playing after The Witch Queen myself..

Guess they're going all in on Marathon now,or i should say Marathon In Name Only..one of my favorite games from back in the day, and they bringing it back as some extraction shooter BS :stopitslime:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
And none of those quotes negates what I said in this thread.

And I say all of that as someone who still actively plays Destiny 2.
Besides the fact that you were touting them as being the company responsible for the most popular live service looter shooter ever in 2022 as well as touting there massive player base as why they were worth the investment.

Fast forward to today and you're casting them as a company that was in dire straights and needed to be saved.

Now I know you're on your Stanley right now, but directly arguing against people who said they overpaid isn't what you do if you believed th3 company was in dire need of being saved.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The fact is Bungie has seen a lot of turmoil between sup par releases, delayed releases and now a lot of layoffs since the Sony acquisition.

Does it mean they're incapable of producing good games? No.

But let's just be realistic and kill this narrative that Sony studios are immune to what we're seeing across the industry as a whole