Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
Is there a scenario where Germany doesn't advance and Ghana goes in? Is it goal differential that Ghana had to make up as well? Like how would it look like if Ghana and USA made it out :ohlawd: seeing the power houses crumble would make this the best World Cup ever :lawd: I don't fear Germany either :ufdup: And looking forward even Belgium.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Is there a scenario where Germany doesn't advance and Ghana goes in? Is it goal differential that Ghana had to make up as well? Like how would it look like if Ghana and USA made it out :ohlawd: seeing the power houses crumble would make this the best World Cup ever :lawd: I don't fear Germany either :ufdup: And looking forward even Belgium.

Ghana win while Germany loses by 4 or more.

Not happening..

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Germany would have to lose to USA and Ghana would have to make up a 5 goal differential versus Portugal for it to be USA and Ghana going thru....not happening unfortunately.

Daps
NbEKwpt.png

Flawless:pachaha:

Good looking:salute:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Black Stars skipper, Asamoah Gyan, has appealed to Ghanaians to forgive young Jordan Ayew for blowing away what could have been the match winner against Germany in their crucial Group G game in Fortaleza last Saturday.

According to Gyan Jordan admitted his fault and apologised to his teammates in the dressing room immediately after the match and they all accepted his apology and excised to focus on the next game against Portugal which was the most important.

‘We spoke to him about that chance he missed and he admitted his mistake which was the most important thing,’ Gyan revealed in a post-match interview.

The Stars skipper was in a very good position to score after the Sochaux striker has made a brilliant solo run on the left in the second half, but he instead decided to go for glory and ended up shooting feebly into the hand of goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.

In spite of that blunder, Gyan described Jordan as a promising striker with prospect for the nation in the future.

‘Once he has admitted his mistake I want Ghanaians to forgive him because he is the future hope of Ghana football,’ he stressed.

He said having picked a point against Germany, there were now focused on beating Portugal to enhance their chances of advancing in the competition.

In a separate interview, Jordan confirmed what transpired in the dressing room after the match and also confessed admitting his mistake to his colleagues.

In his defence the youngest son of Maestro Abedi Ayew Pele said after making that long solo run for the centre line he was so tired and that was what resulted in the mess.

‘After making that long solo run I was so tired when I got to the goal area. I didn’t make any mistake but when they told me I made a mistake I accepted it and apologized to the team in the dressing room,’ he said in the mixed zone.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
@Montez William Carvalho looked good in his half of play. Hard not to see the Vieira comparisons. Brehs passing touch is :wow: Have no idea how this dumba$$ Portuguese coach doesn't start him?

:whew: his discipline is unbelievable

That Jorge Mendes tax is the only reason i can see Wenger not going for him. He's my dream player in that role, ticks so many boxes for us.

PunxsutawneyKILL

Hardcore homecoming
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First one:
Word up to Ghana! At the end I was really happy that it was a draw, 'cause there were huge chances for seperate Teams. I don't wanna say, that it was the advantage about the temperatures 4 Ghana. They played overall very well and nice. Hope the best for them.
In Addition, i like the US Team (not Klinsi) and who in this world likes Portugal? Yesterdays game was very interesting and I felt nervous about Thursday. A Draw suffices, but this is not the objective.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The day in 1982 when the world wept for Algeria

In the 1982 World Cup in Spain Algeria shone – before being sent home by one of the most cynical ploys ever to disfigure the competition

It was the best of times, it was one of the worst of footballing crimes. On their first appearance at the World Cup, Algeria made an impact that changed the tournament forever. They produced one of the most exhilarating performances to defeat one of the favourites, West Germany, but were then sabotaged by one of sport's most blatant cases of match-fixing.

The 1982 World Cup had opened with a surprise, the holders Argentina losing 1-0 to Belgium, but a far bigger shock was to follow. In the first match of Group 2, the mighty West Germany would surely crush the unknown novices from Algeria. That, at any rate, was the German attitude.

The reigning European champions had stomped imperiously into the finals, winning all eight qualifiers with a goals for-against record of 33-3. They had a constellation of stars in their squad – Paul Breitner, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Uli Stielike and so on – and were so certain of victory over Algeria that they entertained themselves in the pre-match press conferences by ridiculing their opponents. "We will dedicate our seventh goal to our wives, and the eighth to our dogs," quipped one player, while the manager, Jupp Derwall, promised that if his team contrived to lose he would "jump on the first train back to Munich".

"One player even said that he would play against us with a cigar in his mouth,":mjlol::dead: recalls Algeria's full-back Chaabane Merzekane, who, as it transpired, was made man of the match. "Some of us wondered if this was just a psychological ploy, whether they were only saying these things to lull us into thinking that they weren't going to take us seriously – after all, who has ever heard of a German team that doesn't do its homework?"

The thing was, this German team really had not done their homework. Derwall confessed after the match that he had been provided with a video of Algeria in action but did not order the players to watch it because they would have laughed at him. Chances are that if they had bothered to view the tape, they would not have spent the build-up cracking jokes. Because they would have been forewarned about a team that had qualified by winning home and away against Nigeria, and prepared for the finals with impressive friendly wins over the Republic of Ireland, Real Madrid and Benfica. The Germans might also have noticed that, apart from their skill and speed, Algeria played with formidable fluency and a rare dynamism, the fruit both of the players' familiarity with each other – all had been playing together for years and most were based at home, Algerian law at the time prohibiting players from leaving the country before the age of 28 – and of an energising sense of historical duty.

These players, after all, were the heirs of those who in 1958 had given up professional careers in France to participate in Algeria's war of independence. The football team created by Algeria's resistance movement, the Front de Libération Nationale, travelled the world, showcasing Algerian spirit and skill and serving as a powerful propaganda tool in the fight for freedom. When the country finally attained independence in 1962 the FLN team composed the core of the new national side.

"Because of this history, the bond between the Algerian national team and our people is uniquely strong and we took the comments by the Germans before the game as a slur on our population," the striker Lakhdar Belloumi says, pointing out that several former FLN players were part of the coaching staff in 1982, including Abdelhamid Zouba and the co-manager Rachid Mekloufi.

"We had our parents at home, but we players also considered that we had our parents with us at pitch-side," Belloumi explains. "Those guys from the FLN were like our second fathers – in their day they abandoned fame and fortune to fight for their country and we were carrying on that fight. We were already a tight-knit group, but we were given extra motivation by the Germans, especially as we were very conscious that 1982 was the 20th anniversary of our independence. We were determined to uphold the dignity of our people."

Germany were about to be jolted. "We went out to attack them, to play with our style: Algerian vivacity," Merzekane says, who personified this style more than anyone, forcing Breitner on to the back foot with barnstorming breaks from deep. "We knew he liked to attack, that he was the best in the world at it, so we set out to exploit that – that was part of our tactical triumph. But we also dominated them technically and physically." Dominated is an exaggeration, but certainly Algeria were the better team in the first half and deserved their opening goal when it came in the 54th minute, Rabah Madjer finishing off a sweeping break.

Rummenigge equalised in the 67th minute, but if the Germans thought order had been restored, they were wrong. From the restart a nine-pass Algeria move ended with Belloumi arriving unmarked to slam the ball in from close range. "That was the finest moment of my career," says Belloumi, who after the tournament would receive permission from the Algerian government to accept a transfer to Italy, only for the move to fall through.

"It was the perfect goal, one of the best moves of the whole tournament," says Merzekane. "And after that we didn't hang on, we continued to attack and we could have won by three or four." It finished 2-1.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/13/1982-world-cup-algeria

ghana now finds itself in the same position as algeria.
algeria (2H) will probably meet with germany (1G) in the 2nd round.

Last edited:

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
Even less bothered was the head of the Austrian delegation, Hans Tschak, who made these extraordinary comments: "Naturally today's game was played tactically. But if 10,000 'sons of the desert' here in the stadium want to trigger a scandal because of this it just goes to show that they have too few schools. Some sheikh comes out of an oasis, is allowed to get a sniff of World Cup air after 300 years and thinks he's entitled to open his gob."

ZTDg3fd.png

Did the Algerian players take offence? Not at all, Merzekane says. "We weren't angry, we were cool," he says. "To see two big powers debasing themselves in order to eliminate us was a tribute to Algeria. They progressed with dishonour, we went out with our heads held high."

:blessed:

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps
The day in 1982 when the world wept for Algeria
In the 1982 World Cup in Spain Algeria shone – before being sent home by one of the most cynical ploys ever to disfigure the competition

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/13/1982-world-cup-algeria

ghana now finds itself in the same position as algeria.
algeria (2H) will probably meet with germany (1G) in the 2nd round.

Ghana is not in the same position.
Algeria won their last match, Ghana hasn't played yet.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ghana is not in the same position.
Algeria won their last match, Ghana hasn't played yet.
ghana's fate can depend on german-us game. and they can play for a draw to advance each other.
depending on ghana-portugal outcome, usmnt might need german's help.. no klinsman :stopitslime:

concise

Veteran
Daps
ghana's fate can depend on german-us game. and they can play for a draw to advance each other.
depending on ghana-portugal outcome, usmnt might need german's help.. no klinsman :stopitslime:

What the hell are you even saying?