Bryce Young official height: 5'10" Are you concerned?

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
Defenses getting bigger, stronger, faster...

He not gonna make it

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
any qb looks good behind a great line. the nfl will be different for sure, who knows
His pass protection coulda been a lot better. Not to mention Bill Obrien did him no favors. Thats where he takes his game to another level. When the play breaks down. If Bryce Young was 6'2, they'd talk about him as a generational talent.

broller

Veteran
Daps
His pass protection coulda been a lot better. Not to mention Bill Obrien did him no favors. Thats where he takes his game to another level. When the play breaks down. If Bryce Young was 6'2, they'd talk about him as a generational talent.

For real. The Bama line ain't what it used to be. Plus this past year his receivers were hella unreliable.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
yeah
nick bosa wingspan was 16th percentile and armlength was 37th percentile

edit: I actually looked it up and Von was 86th percentile in arm length :heh:
It's funny that entire 2015 Denver Broncos Super Bowl Champions defense was full of T-Rex arm defenders :heh:

Even DeMarcus Ware: 6'4 with a 33" arm length (shorter than Von Miller's) :mjlol:

Yet they were practically the most dominant defense I've ever seen up front.

Not to Be Overlooked: A Pass-Rusher's Natural Advantage to Being Short

In addition to incredible technique Von Miller was pure burst and was an insanely maneuverable athlete.

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
For as much as they doubt shorter QB's they definitely gloss over the fact that guys at the other end of the spectrum like Dan McGwire, Paxton Lynch, Mike Glennon, Brock Osweiler all were terrible QB's

never has anyone said that a QB is 6'8", and now they have questions about how he's going to perform at the next level.

This post sponsored by shortgang

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It's funny that entire 2015 Denver Broncos Super Bowl Champions defense was full of T-Rex arm defenders :heh:

Even DeMarcus Ware: 6'4 with a 33" arm length (shorter than Von Miller's) :mjlol:

Yet they were practically the most dominant defense I've ever seen up front.

Not to Be Overlooked: A Pass-Rusher's Natural Advantage to Being Short

In addition to incredible technique Von Miller was pure burst and was an insanely maneuverable athlete.
86th percentile is pretty good breh. Not sure he was trex

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
86th percentile is pretty good breh. Not sure he was trex
I'm guessing if you're looking at mockdraftable for that percentile he's 86th percentile for OLB, but when you combine that with EDGE and DE rushers, that's around the 60% range.

OLB in a 4-3 I think tend to have shorter arms, Von was 3-4 OLB though with Denver I think so maybe that's what that site is basing it off.

Brian Burns got longer arms and he's ranked about 60% when you filter based on the EDGE or DE position:

Last edited:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'm guessing if you're looking at mockdraftable for that percentile he's 86th percentile for OLB, but when you combine that with EDGE and DE rushers, that's around the 60% range. OLB in a 4-3 I think tend to have shorter arms, Von was 3-4 OLB though with Denver I think.

For example, Brian Burns got longer arms and he's ranked about 60% when you filter based on the EDGE or DE position:
ah yea its the 4-3/3-4 LB bs comparables, lol

but yeah your overall point is well taken imo. just measurables never make or break a player.

Daps
What’s his hand size?
Very important question....Russ and Brees had abnormally large hands, 10.25 inches....especially for their height. Dak Prescott checks in at 10.88 inches and he's only a couple of inches taller (6'2").

By comparison, LeBron is 6'8" and his hand span is about 9.25 inches from what I've read.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Fu-KkQxaUAACw-T