Bryce Young official height: 5'10" Are you concerned?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
nikka had 1 hot season in 13 years
i cant do math but I can divide
Vick wasn't doing shyt throwing
i seent it with my own eyes
:mjlol:

he was a 4x Pro Bowler. he had a 100 QB rating at age 30 for the Eagles after missing two full seasons of football. He proved to me he can play lol

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
His wingspan is more important than his height

Russel Wilson and all the other successful 6'0" and under QBs historically have big azz wingspans. Barring maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

broller

Veteran
Daps
Drew Brees was 6'0 and Russell Wilson is 5'11. I really think that disparity in height don't mean much if somebody can play or not.

Somebody short who can make plays by finding windows in the trenches >>>> somebody who's tall, can see over the line but can't make as good plays.

It's like when people get too obsessed with wingspans and metrics rather than someone who's insanely talented.

If somebody has proven they can make it happen, then they probably can make it happen.

True. Also I've noticed some of the taller QBs get their balls batted at seemingly higher rates than some short ones (Osweiler, Allen, Herbert) versus Russ and Drew

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
He’ll be taller with shoes on :mjgrin:

I actually thought he was way under 200 lbs. though for some reason, so 204 plus NFL strength, conditioning, and nutrition, I think he’ll be fine :ehh:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Drew Brees was 6'0 and Russell Wilson is 5'11. I really think that disparity in height don't mean much if somebody can play or not.

Somebody short who can make plays by finding windows in the trenches >>>> somebody who's tall, can see over the line but can't make as good plays.

The only thing that matters is if the pass can get to where it needs to and if the player can do that.

It's like when people get too obsessed with wingspans and metrics rather than someone who's insanely talented.

If somebody has proven they can make it happen, then they probably can make it happen.

For certain positions (OT, DE, Edge LB in particular) wingspan is an extremely important trait to measure. :comeon:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Bryce Young is too risky to draft.

I don’t think any QB in this draft is 1st round worthy.

You take a guy like Stroud or Levis as a project that you hope turns into something in Year 3.

Otherwise you pass on all QBs and wait for the 2024 class.
AR15 has all the tools except his accuracy. But I think that can be fixed

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You said this like Vick ain't Vick. His athletic ability was top 10 all time any position at worst.

To answer the question. Yep. His size is a problem. Only 2 short QBs won (Brees and Russ) and that's most likely because they had high level coaches.

I don't have that kinda faith in a rookie coaches in Indy or Houston.

This is true but you couldve once said this about black qbs.

"Only a few black qbs have won:mjpls:"

What if short qbs got more chances? Kyler looked good until he didnt:francis:

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
He’ll be taller with shoes on :mjgrin:

I actually thought he was way under 200 lbs. though for some reason, so 204 plus NFL strength, conditioning, and nutrition, I think he’ll be fine :ehh:
He probably plays at something close to 190. Bulked up for the combine. Then he will work out and do all of the drills at the pro day but won't weigh in.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
For certain positions (OT, DE, Edge LB in particular) wingspan is an extremely important trait to measure. :comeon:
There are so many more factors though, all I'm saying.

Von Miller arm length/wingspan for example is below average for his position and he may be one of the most insane edge rushers we've ever seen in their prime because of all the other intangibles.

A lot of people missed on some really good prospects because they were focused on the measuring tape too much. Bruce Irvin, Brandon Graham are other edge rushers who were critical for Super Bowl-winning teams.