Bryce Young official height: 5'10" Are you concerned?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Panthers had the #1 pick cause they traded up from 9
They very nearly won the division last year
They're not a good team but also I'm just going off eye test, absolutely nothing stands out about Bryce in terms of athletic gifts and he's the smallest QB in the league
Also he already got hurt smh

Already missing time is a bigger concern to me than any of his struggles thus far. Kyler's worn down and had the hits take a toll on him every season as a pro, and Bryce is smaller than him without the Kyler physical tools.

He's surgical from the pocket and I believe that'll show itself as he gets acclimated to the speed of the game + gets some better pieces to work with but that won't matter if he's getting ragdolled and beaten to a pulp by Halloween every season.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Dalton played and that Panthers off kinda got unlocked :ohhh:? Or was that garbage time shyt. Somebody lmk

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Dalton played and that Panthers off kinda got unlocked :ohhh:? Or was that garbage time shyt. Somebody lmk
Dalton is a 10 year vet. It’s not surprising that the team looks better with him under center than Young right now. It might have made sense to start Dalton and let Young take over mid-season but I guess the CS thought he was ready

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
vet qb plays? like throwing the ball down the field? lmao
Like how to move in the pocket to even give yourself a chance to throw and things like that

What do y’all really expect qbs to do, u can count probably on one hand who came into the league really pro ready, again y’all overrate the fukk out that position

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Teams can no longer afford to sit highly drafted rookie Qb’s. These are usually really bad football teams throwing these rookie QB’s to the wolves & nowadays in this no attention span having society they get unfairly judged early on. These guys need time to mature and figure out a system, teammates, coaches, etc. Getting drafted late actually can benefit these guys who can sit for a year & slow the game down before being thrown in the fire. Sam Howell looks pretty solid for a 5th round pick & he sat all season last year until the final game. It helps getting drafted to a team with solid offensive pieces in place even if OL is shaky.
Most of the top QBs in the league now sat for a while.. Whether on purpose (Someone they thought was better was playing) or by accident (injury).. But it goes to show.. Waiting is still the best way to do it

Mahomes (waited)
Allen (waited)
Burrow (injury)
Lamar (waited)
Arod (waited) & Love (waited)
Hurts (waited)
Watson (waited)
Purdy (waited)

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Already missing time is a bigger concern to me than any of his struggles thus far. Kyler's worn down and had the hits take a toll on him every season as a pro, and Bryce is smaller than him without the Kyler physical tools.

He's surgical from the pocket and I believe that'll show itself as he gets acclimated to the speed of the game + gets some better pieces to work with but that won't matter if he's getting ragdolled and beaten to a pulp by Halloween every season.
Yup and many of those issues with Kyler is because of a bad NFL Offensive Line that'd get many QB's killed. Kyler is actually pretty durable otherwise like Brees and Russ.

Young is a real skinny dude. Absolutely needs to bulk up. Kid is a really good QB but yeah, won't matter if they can't build an offensive line in Carolina.