Bryce Young has been benched by the Carolina Panthers. Andy Dalton to start in week 3

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Im listening to the head coaches' press conference right now.

First, I hate all that coach speak- 'im not getting into specifics, thats a inside convo, etc'. BUT I do feel bad for this dude that this is the mess he has to deal with in his 1st head coaching job.

Second, the way HC was dodging questions, he FOR SURE had multiple players tell him 'a change is gonna come THIS WEEK'
That may be... but it's way more likely that Tepper told him to make the change. Canales said Young was his QB right after the game yesterday(granted, he didn't look at the game film then)

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Offense is gonna look better with Andy and then it’s curtains for Bryce.

Happened last year when Bryce had to sit a game due to injury. Offense looked completely different that one game with Dalton. If a mediocre QB can made the offense look halfway decent that one game I knew what time it was with Bryce :francis:
Andy's a vet I expect the team to look better marginally

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Coaching staff ain't tryna wait around for him to "figure it out" if he ever does... The story goes that it was the owner (possibly the owner's wife as well) who wanted Bryce Young. It's nobody's fault but theirs.
Getting drafted to the Panthers as a QB is career suicide at this point. Bryce is ass, but the whole franchise of the Panthers needs some major changes.
Sam Darnold all of a sudden having success is proof that most QBs have to go to the right situation.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Sam Darnold all of a sudden having success is proof that most QBs have to go to the right situation.

Physical skill set buys you time and chances though, Sam will always be a mobile 6'3 225+ QB with a good arm. Bryce probably got one more team in him before he washes out

Sam could probably go back to trash and still find himself a backup gig for 4/5 more years

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Coaching and system matters, bryce needs to rely on the run right now until he can understand the game. Under center and short game. Coaching matters we have like 6 former bust in the nfl right now playing well

Never said it didn't. I said he's on his second coach and second system, why does he still look the same?

You don't spend the #1 overall pick and trade all that for a QB that needs to be propped up by RBs and he wasn't advertised as needing that when he came out or he wouldn't have gone #1.

Besides that they drafted the best RB in the draft and he'll play in a few weeks after he's cleared from an ACL. If Bryce ever gets back on the field with him and still looks same, then what?

Name the busts that couldn't throw the ball past 15 yds that are now playing well, I wanna see something

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield both played for Carolina and looked like chit

Now Baker looks like a top 10 QB and Darnold has the Vikings 2-0
Yea Im not saying Bryce is great. However, I just don't think he'd look as bad if he was on the Packers or a team like that. shyt they got Malik Willis to be effective.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
There’s a baseline level of physical talent you need to be an NFL QB. He screams nice QB coach or OC 10 years from now. Guys who are smart who know the game know how it should be played but just don’t have the physical talent to do it themselves.
yep. same with accuracy.

if you dont have accuracy in college it wont magically be taught to you. Josh Allen is still the only anomaly where his accuracy improved drastically from his college days