Bryce Young has been benched by the Carolina Panthers. Andy Dalton to start in week 3

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Bryce doesn’t look good at all

However there have been way to many players who were rotting on this Panthers team only to make major comebacks for me to look past this

DJ Moore, CMac, Brian Burns… they were rotting away with that organization and are now stars.

That’s not a place any player needs to go to. Bryce’s career can be salvaged

naw. everyone knew moore cmac were official. they were just on a bad team

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Im listening to the head coaches' press conference right now.

First, I hate all that coach speak- 'im not getting into specifics, thats a inside convo, etc'. BUT I do feel bad for this dude that this is the mess he has to deal with in his 1st head coaching job.

Second, the way HC was dodging questions, he FOR SURE had multiple players tell him 'a change is gonna come THIS WEEK'

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
naw. everyone knew moore cmac were official. they were just on a bad team
That’s my point.. he was on a horribly run franchise as a rookie QB and you have legit stars who played there and were afterthoughts

Sam Darnold played there and looked like he should retire.. just balled his ass with the Vikings. Baker played there and he looked like he wasn’t gonna get another contract he was so bad. He’s a darkhorse MVP candidate now

Like we gotta be real about this

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i'm guessing bryce was losing the locker room if they benched him this early. johnson is known for being vocal so i wouldn't be surprised if johnson and a few others were complaining for a change. i never thought bryce would make a good pro QB but i'm not sure stroud would've had any success with this panthers team. it is awful.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Bryce doesn’t look good at all

However there have been way to many players who were rotting on this Panthers team only to make major comebacks for me to look past this

DJ Moore, CMac, Brian Burns… they were rotting away with that organization and are now stars.

That’s not a place any player needs to go to. Bryce’s career can be salvaged

This. The Panthers front office (and owner) is probably the worst in pro sports right now. And the Hornets are in the same damn city.

-Panthers traded CMC for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. Could get a 1st at all for the best back in the league
-They traded a 1st to move up to pick Young instead of CJ Stroud, so Young is really TWO 1st round picks being this bad. And they still owe Chicago their 2nd round pick next year.
-Panthers traded pro bowl linebacker Brian Burns to the Giants, and only got a 2nd and 5th round pick.

They traded 2 pro bowl players and got ZERO 1st round picks, but gave up a 1st for Young. Awful

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
Offense is gonna look better with Andy and then it’s curtains for Bryce.

Happened last year when Bryce had to sit a game due to injury. Offense looked completely different that one game with Dalton. If a mediocre QB can made the offense look halfway decent that one game I knew what time it was with Bryce :francis:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
When is it Bryce's fault?

Because this is the 2nd coach, 2nd system he's had and he's playing the same way

At some point, and it might take him leaving Carolina for it to happen, it'll come out the shyt looks like this because they've been hiding Bryce's weaknesses and it's all they trust him to do. People are just gonna have to take the L on Bryce, I've already done it. "System" lol he's not an NFL player period

He's toast mentally, that's on the Panthers. He's the one throwing INTs and running into sacks, not Canales or Tepper. 84 passing yards at the half of an NFL game in 2024 with a 1st round WR, top 5 TE in the draft, a vet WR that can still go for 900, and another WR they traded for is inexcusable
Coaching and system matters, bryce needs to rely on the run right now until he can understand the game. Under center and short game. Coaching matters we have like 6 former bust in the nfl right now playing well

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still want to see him on another team. I think last season broke him and it's carrying over to now. He needs to get out of there and see if another organization can fix him. Maybe work his way into a backup role somewhere like Seattle with a vet who can help him...

Problem is he has no trade value so he probably has to ride it out until the off season.