Bryce Harper Wore A Sixers Jersey To Game 7 Carrying On This City’s Tradition Of Game 7 Choke Artists-The Official 2023-24Sixers Season Thread

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Great offensive player but he couldn’t guard. If we play them in the playoffs James is gonna keep spamming the P&R until he gets that Seth switch.
Spamming the Harden-Biid pick and roll needs to be the basis of the offense at this point because everything else will benefit from it, teams are gonna try and trap it where Embiid will be able to slip the pick in a sense when Harden gets rid of it and we'll have guys like Tobi, Green and Maxey that will be wide open in the corners for Embiid to pass it to. (This is where I really am going to miss Seth because he so damn automatic at times :snoop:)

Or Embiid will be able settle for that little mid range pullup he loves so much which is automatic. Guys like Niang, Joe and Shake will benefit from this as well, I have no faith in Korkmaz but he will be one of the guys that will need to hit those 3's off Harden/Embiid P&R's that swing out to the corner. Bassey and Paul Reed are gonna eat from these pick and rolls as well as a secondary effect.

Last edited:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Woke up happy as shyt today
200.gif

We will NEVER have to see Furkan play backup pg. Maxey can finally be staggered with the bench unit when Embiid/Harden sit for extended periods. I want Maxey dominating that 2nd unit.
Tobias can officially take a backseat and be a #3 (possibly #4 option) He is a ball stopper, and I would much prefer to watch Harden spam PnR to death
I think we see Danny come back to life and benefit on all the Harden kickouts. His game suffered by not having someone set the table for him to eat.
I think Bassey just hit the fukking lotto. He can just play defense, protect the rim and catch lobs all day from Harden
The number of FTs this team will be taking will be comedy
We no longer have a defensive liability where other teams will intentionally switch on for easy mismatch (love you Seth...but got damn)
We no longer have to have awkward lineups where we play multiple PFs, or have someone who cant shoot be our PG and have to bench in crunch time in the playoffs
We are now a destination for the buyout market. We have the best C in the NBA and a top 5 PG...every rim runner and spot up shooter should be running here. I expect better players this time around than George fukking Hill
Harden opted in so he's locked for next year. We can see how he looks over the coming months before deciding to give him that ungodly extension
If Harden does fit, as he gets :flabbynsick: he can pass the torch to Maxey who will get to learn from not only Sam Cassell but a HOF pg in the flesh

Is this the perfect situation? No...but we went from Josh Richardson/Horford/Simmons > Seth/Danny/Simmons not playing > James Harden and a 3-5 year championship window (although we lost picks)

Morey did his job. Now its time for Doc to do his

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Spamming the Harden-Biid pick and roll needs to be the basis of the offense at this point because everything else will benefit from it, teams are gonna try and trap it where Embiid will be able to slip the pick in a sense when Harden gets rid of it and we'll have guys like Tobi, Green and Maxey that will be wide open in the corners for Embiid to pass it to. (This is where I really am going to miss Seth because he so damn automatic at times :snoop:)

Or Embiid will be able settle for that little mid range pullup he loves so much which is automatic. Guys like Niang, Joe and Shake will benefit from this as well, I have no faith in Korkmaz but he will be one of the guys that will need to hit those 3's off Harden/Embiid P&R's that swing out to the corner. Bassey and Paul Reed are gonna eat from these pick and rolls as well as a secondary effect.

I have faith in Kormaz because he doesn't have to dribble anymore

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
I still want a backup 5 who is a lob threat. Isn’t WCS a free agent? Bring him in and give a wing like Ennis a 10 day.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Woke up happy as shyt today
200.gif

We will NEVER have to see Furkan play backup pg. Maxey can finally be staggered with the bench unit when Embiid/Harden sit for extended periods. I want Maxey dominating that 2nd unit.
Tobias can officially take a backseat and be a #3 (possibly #4 option) He is a ball stopper, and I would much prefer to watch Harden spam PnR to death
I think we see Danny come back to life and benefit on all the Harden kickouts. His game suffered by not having someone set the table for him to eat.
I think Bassey just hit the fukking lotto. He can just play defense, protect the rim and catch lobs all day from Harden
The number of FTs this team will be taking will be comedy
We no longer have a defensive liability where other teams will intentionally switch on for easy mismatch (love you Seth...but got damn)
We no longer have to have awkward lineups where we play multiple PFs, or have someone who cant shoot be our PG and have to bench in crunch time in the playoffs
We are now a destination for the buyout market. We have the best C in the NBA and a top 5 PG...every rim runner and spot up shooter should be running here. I expect better players this time around than George fukking Hill
Harden opted in so he's locked for next year. We can see how he looks over the coming months before deciding to give him that ungodly extension
If Harden does fit, as he gets :flabbynsick: he can pass the torch to Maxey who will get to learn from not only Sam Cassell but a HOF pg in the flesh

Is this the perfect situation? No...but we went from Josh Richardson/Horford/Simmons > Seth/Danny/Simmons not playing > James Harden and a 3-5 year championship window (although we lost picks)

Morey did his job. Now its time for Doc to do his

Def not a 3-5 yrs window...1.5-2.5

:mjlol:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
3-5 yr window to be good...there's a clear distinction between good and legitimate chip contender

:mjlol: We were a "good" team when it was just Embiid+Tobias+Seth

Over the next 3-5 years its Embiid+Tobias+Improved Maxey+James Harden+The Inevitable Ring Chasers That Will Sign

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I want a Sixers title more than anyone and I was naiive for the longest thinking we could do it with "our guys"
But today championship teams are bult through trades/free agency - not organically through the draft and development...
The closest in the last several years being last years Bucks - developed Greek and Middleton and addition of Jrue put them over the hump and the 2015 Warriors with help from adding Iggy

Part of me is like damn we did all that tanking for draft picks and all we got left 8 years later is Embiid
Okafor - bust
Fultz - bust
Noel - damn near bust
Saric - bad fit
Simmons - All Star player and All NBA defender but playoff dissapointment

I'm not a Harden fan at all. All that floppin shyt and playing like shyt in the playoffs when it matters most.
But if this is what it takes to put us in contention, so be it....

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I want a Sixers title more than anyone and I was naiive for the longest thinking we could do it with "our guys"
But today championship teams are bult through trades/free agency - not organically through the draft and development...
The closest in the last several years being last years Bucks - developed Greek and Middleton and addition of Jrue put them over the hump and the 2015 Warriors with help from adding Iggy

Part of me is like damn we did all that tanking for draft picks and all we got left 8 years later is Embiid
Okafor - bust
Fultz - bust
Noel - damn near bust
Saric - bad fit
Simmons - All Star player and All NBA defender but playoff dissapointment

I'm not a Harden fan at all. All that floppin shyt and playing like shyt in the playoffs when it matters most.
But if this is what it takes to put us in contention, so be it....
That's horrible drafting.. We missed out on great players in all those drafts. We should have had a super team. There's not a pick besides Embiid and Simmons, that I liked at the time. Everyone knew these were the wrong moves.