Brought to you by BigFace Coffee: Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics Eastern Conference finals (Warriors in 5 y’all die)

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
By the way has anyone seen Al Horford? The announcers are saying The Heat are small you would think it would make sense to call for the ball on the block. If the double comes swing it otherwise just punish them for going small. They started to draw Bam out to throw it up for TL but Horford was nowhere near aggressive enough

He was off yesterday, His grandfather passed away before the game.

Daps
A couple reasons why. Miami has the number 1, 3-point defense in the league, depth to put players in the rotation inspite of injuries, experienced coach in Erik spolstra, veteran players who have won like Lowry and Tucker. Veteran players who have made deep runs like Butler. Familiarity with Imes coaching style since spo faced the Spurs twice in the finals already. Those are usually the hardest teams to eliminate even when you have a talent edge over them. Boston has a talent edge, but Miami has plenty of intangibles. Ironically, kinda like how that aging Boston team in 2012 had no business pushing those Heatles to 7 games. Old vets are tough to get rid of.
I'm really not seeing any intangible advantage the Heat have.

I mean, I saw their main players in Game 5 not just completely shyt the bed, but they didn't want to take jumpshots. Butler, Lowry and Bam all actively didn't want to create opportunities to shoot, and when they were open they were reluctant to shoot. It's often that core players don't shoot well, but it's extremely rate where they shy away from wanting to shoot. They were playing procrastination ball. It's why the Celtics' wins have been mostly blowouts, because those are the games where they haven't fukked around and just got down to business, and why almost all the Heat wins have been close because the Celtics have been caught playing with their food and let Miami get a foot in the door.

Honestly, there's a lot of inexplicable shyt as to why this series has gone on for this long. It's hard to put my finger on why exactly it has played out like it has. Obviously, as with every series, there are an infinite amount of factors and a logical explanation as to why we're now at this point, but it does really feel like the Basketball Gods are just fukking with us and turned this series into a Blaxploitation film.

Daps
Miami is essentially a slightly smaller Boston. I said before the series that these two teams are essentially the same and that it might go the distance. Even when folks were saying Boston in 5. Miami matches up well with perimeter oriented teams. They defend every position like Boston does. Miami’s only flaw is the chinks in their defense armor, like Struss, Herro, etc. But Miami has about 8 guys who can switch and guard teams one on one. I just don’t think ppl are giving enough credit to Miami for banging with a team that’s as big as Boston is on the perimeter. Victor Oladipo is a former all defensive 1st team who comes off the bench and can lock up both Tatum and Brown for spurts. That’ll be useful against GS. Miami’s been locking Boston down in the last few games. It’s just that Boston would go on monster runs of brief offensive clarity that would put Miami in a hole. But Miami’s been defending well, quiet as it’s been kept. :yeshrug:
I don't know man.

I feel like Tatum and Brown both can get whatever they want when they want it, and the Heat have merely been battling for whatever they can get, and they really haven't done a whole lot of battling.

It's a bizarre series, and really reflective of what has happened throughout the entire playoffs.

:manny:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Celtics apparently haven’t won a G7 on the road since 1974 (excluding the bubble)

Really feels like they blew the series last night.

I don’t know if I can stomach 5 straight ECF losses, with 3 of them being to the same team and 3 of them after being up 3-2.

Based on how this series has gone id say there in good shape....when you thnk one of these teams has momentum they fall flat on there face next game...Its one of the reason i have not laid a bet on any game in this series,i cant figure out either of these teams....

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's really inexplicable how this series has gone on for as long as it has.
Not at all I find both teams to be evenly matched from a talent perspective and both well coached teams with toughness and resiliency.

I’m not sure what’s so “inexplicable” about why the series has gone on so long that’s a strong word as if Miami isn’t a great team and the top seed.