Brooklyn We back On The Map ..Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Off Season thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Breh I think you're letting recency bias effect you. Levert is definitely the teams best two way player

If anything I think that LeVert being considered better is recency bias. Russell has been better all along, only recently has LeVert upped his game. He's been the best player on the team since he got there, but after the injury last year Dinwiddie stepped up to be the guy and Russell fell back.

With the numbers that guys are putting up in today's NBA we don't need to put that kind of premium on defense, Russell doesn't need to be a two-way player at the 1, it's simply not that important, that's what Allen is for.

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
If anything I think that LeVert being considered better is recency bias. Russell has been better all along, only recently has LeVert upped his game. He's been the best player on the team since he got there, but after the injury last year Dinwiddie stepped up to be the guy and Russell fell back.

With the numbers that guys are putting up in today's NBA we don't need to put that kind of premium on defense, Russell doesn't need to be a two-way player at the 1, it's simply not that important, that's what Allen is for.
Russells problem is he struggles to gain separation or create his own shots without the use of screens thats why he usually has late game struggles in terms of turnovers when the other team is being more aggressive pressuring and not letting you set up your offense. Levert on the other hand has the quickest first step of anyone on the team which is why he got the close out duties when he was healthy. He is also a much better driver and finisher in the lane which leads to contact and free throws. Russell practically never shoots free throws because he rarely drives. The only aspect that russell is really better than him at is long range shooting but Leverts athleticism makes him a much more versatile player. When Russell's shot is not falling down there is not much he can do to impact the game. And again on defense it's no contest.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Russells problem is he struggles to gain separation or create his own shots without the use of screens thats why he usually has late game struggles in terms of turnovers when the other team is being more aggressive pressuring and not letting you set up your offense. Levert on the other hand has the quickest first step of anyone on the team which is why he got the close out duties when he was healthy. He is also a much better driver and finisher in the lane which leads to contact and free throws. Russell practically never shoots free throws because he rarely drives. The only aspect that russell is really better than him at is long range shooting but Leverts athleticism makes him a much more versatile player. When Russell's shot is not falling down there is not much he can do to impact the game. And again on defense it's no contest.

You're correct about him not getting separation without a screen but not many PGs out there really go out there and close games out without screens. It opens up the game for everyone else, I really don't think it docks him at all considering that it creates shots for a team that shoots a ton of 3s, which is how he impacts the game when his shot isn't falling. He's a better creator than LeVert, and with him being a better shooter he's a more explosive scorer, being able to score a ton of points quickly is a valuable asset, I don't think LeVert is capable of an 18 point quarter like Russell had tonight.

LeVert is getting better but I don't feel that he is better than Russell yet. That's just my opinion. I think he needs to polish his handle and shooting touch before I crown him.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

Russell a much better passer than levert but before levert got hurt he was looking like the better player

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You're correct about him not getting separation without a screen but not many PGs out there really go out there and close games out without screens. It opens up the game for everyone else, I really don't think it docks him at all considering that it creates shots for a team that shoots a ton of 3s, which is how he impacts the game when his shot isn't falling. He's a better creator than LeVert, and with him being a better shooter he's a more explosive scorer, being able to score a ton of points quickly is a valuable asset, I don't think LeVert is capable of an 18 point quarter like Russell had tonight.

LeVert is getting better but I don't feel that he is better than Russell yet. That's just my opinion. I think he needs to polish his handle and shooting touch before I crown him.
Nah. LeVert is the better all around player. Plus, his step to the basket is :wow: he opens up the entire offense as a result