Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
244sd9e.jpg

:mjcry: Thank you Dlo

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Well Rudy Gay did say he was ready in 6 months but spurs held him back longer...March would make it 9 months which is when Rudy Gay did return :mjgrin:

But you know this training staff is already extra cautious and will def handle KD extra careful.

Yea I don’t really expect KD to be back this season..but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion either. He’s a true hooper and will drive everyone absolutely nuts when he thinks he’s ready. And like you said pretty much everyone besides Boogie returned in that 8-9 range :shaq:

Last edited:

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
I can admit to being a bit biased...but I honestly don’t see KD losing much of a step offensively when he comes back. He won’t be as explosive but you can look at any 2 minute stretch of this video and he’s just using his skill and height/length to score over guys with ease. Unless he shrinks or loses his jumper im not worried at all

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I can admit to being a bit biased...but I honestly don’t see KD losing much of a step offensively when he comes back. He won’t be as explosive but you can look at any 2 minute stretch of this video and he’s just using his skill and height/length to score over guys with ease. Unless he shrinks or loses his jumper im not worried at all

Im not too worried either..Im with you ....that jumper and height is going no where.

Performance team will get him right and weren't too worried either...from this SI article which was a good read

https://www.si.com

For Brooklyn, Durant’s injury needed to be considered. An Achilles tear is among the most significant injuries for an NBA player. Marks told his medical team: Dig into it. They watched video of the injury. They studied the media reports. With Durant still under contract with Golden State, the Nets, Marks says, “did not have all the facts.” Any deal they offered would basically mean taking Durant, who will be 32 when he next steps onto the court, in as-is condition. Days before free agency, Marks gathered the medical staff. He asked for a show of hands: Who was in favor of committing a max contract? Every hand shot up.

“That was a pretty moving moment,” says Marks. “When you know there’s a group of young men and women that are here saying, ‘Hell, we can’t wait for that challenge. We cannot wait to sacrifice whatever it takes to get [Durant] out on the court again, and probably prove people wrong.’ Again, it’s that sort of chip on your shoulder. Kenny and I talk about it a lot, players having that. But I think it’s also important that your entire organization has something to prove.”

drifter

Superstar
Daps

They'll be loss to some if not most of the first step he had. Part of what made him unstoppable besides length and efficiency was he had the first step of a guard while being 7 feet, no other player besides Giannis had that combo while KD is obviously in another galaxy in shooting.

He's just going to have to be more finesse and if there's any player I'd bet on to rework their game for injury/age other than Bron it's KD. I also think our medical staff give him the best shot at a good recovery, helps that our doctor did KD's surgery.

I sat here trying to figure out a stat line for him post achilles and even though I typed all that shyt out about the first step I still don't believe you can stop him lol, the shot's not going anywhere.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD on one leg and a month off from playing came in and dropped something like 11 points in 12 mins in and NBA finals game. The guy is a walking bucket so that’s never gonna be an issue.

The more interesting part imo is how is he going to be defensively. For example over the course of the two Finals MVP series he averaged something like 32/9/6/2. He managed to make himself into a very good defender that last year in OKC and the next couple in GS

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sudden chance Kevin Durant could return this seasoN

LAS VEGAS — With Kevin Durant’s Achilles tendon the most-watched body part in sports, the Nets aren’t ruling out their newly acquired superstar for next season.

They didn’t guarantee Durant will play, but opted not to proactively put him on the shelf.

“He will be evaluated with the performance team and so forth,” said general manager Sean Marks. “A timeline will be given in due time, but as of now, we’re certainly not going to comment on when or if and make any sort of hypotheticals. It’s too early.”

When Dallas traded for Kristaps Porzingis, owner Mark Cuban immediately shut down any talk of the ex-Knick playing last season. But the Nets are taking a wait-and-see approach with Durant, who came back from a calf injury only to rupture his Achilles in Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

“We were texting right away. You know, ‘Geez, this could change things.’ Then we took a couple of deep breaths and obviously got more information and that made the decision easier,” coach Kenny Atkinson said Tuesday in his first comments since the Durant sign-and-trade.

“For it to happen in that moment, at that time, irrespective of free agency, obviously I’d be lying if I said, ‘oh, it didn’t bother us at all’, or ‘we weren’t at all taken’,” Marks said. “Then we had to dig in and say, OK, what does that look like? How does that work with our franchise? How does that fit with the dynamic?”

There was a lot of digging with an Achilles injury. It’s as catastrophic an injury as a basketball player can suffer.

For every Dominique Wilkins, there are a dozen others who never played again, or never approached their previous heights.

Like Patrick Ewing — who saw his pre-injury averages of 23.3 points and 10.4 boards drop to 9.6 and 7.0 in his final three years. Or worse yet, fellow Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas — who got sent into an early retirement.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/09/sudden-chance-kevin-durant-could-return-this-season/