BRONNY JAMES IS A LAKER?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe he lacks some explosion on his first step? Being a good leaper doesn't necessarily translate to other components of athleticism.

I don’t think He's confident in his handle so that affects his driving bc he's thinking too much about turning the ball over or getting it stripped away.

You might be on to something.

He’s probably overthinking it.

He should just simplify his game. Look at DWade. His handles was shaky at times but he had a few unstoppable moves which made him effective

Prime wade was probably much faster than Bronny though :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
They like to press on defensive and got some NBA sized perimeter defenders. They don't even have NBA athleticism just some length and they had Bronny looking like Jeremy Lin vs the Heat. Boogie missed the second game and Bronny was running the offense for spurts. A future NBA PG would have carved them boys up.

Yea....He's 100% not an NBA pg or even near being a true CG other than being undersized.

He reminds me of a more athletic but less confident Jaden Akins at MSU. Akins shot around 40% from 3 and can drive a little better, but lacks the handles to reach true CG status. Akins will probably never get significant nba PT unless he shows out as a senior

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This whole Bronny James thing is crazy.

Reminds me how the music industry programs listeners to like an artist. Listeners hear the song enough, they start to say that isn’t that bad.

That shyt looks ridiculous in the sports world.

Lol young buddy couldn't break 5 ppgs at usc.

I don't even entertain this hype, it's an insult to my intelligence

Daps
Reppin
Chi
You might be on to something.

He’s probably overthinking it.

He should just simplify his game. Look at DWade. His handles was shaky at times but he had a few unstoppable moves which made him effective

Prime wade was probably much faster than Bronny though :hubie:

Wade was bigger, faster, stronger, and more of a natural hooper.

As great as lebron james is, he doesn't have a ton of game as deep of a bag as his peers other greats/elite contemporaries Idk how much of that factors in to bronnys development. Most of LeBron's greatness comes from being athletic af and strong with the ball. He doesn't have some repertoire of moves he can unleash, and thus teach Bronny.

Jordan Poole could be a decent player to aspire to but Poole always had strong handles and is much shiftier

All that pressure prolly getting to Bronny too, they have limited time to get this goal of Lenron's accomplished. He isn't ready for it as evident by his play at USC. Being forced into shyt when you're not ready can be difficult for any profession. Lawyers aren't just getting thrown into trial right out of law school.

Not really sure why they didn't try getting him to be more of a PG when he was 12-13, maybe they thought he'd hit a crazy spurt and be 6'4-6'6 range, maybe it Just didn't come natural to him. But the road for a CG with weaker handles and isn't a dead eye shooter is real tough. His pops isn't winning a ring as a first option in 2024 so they need to find a perfect situation for any real success.

Last edited:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Wade was bigger, faster, stronger, and more of a natural hooper.

As great as lebron james is, he doesn't have a ton of game like his peers. Idk how much of that factors in to bronnys development. Most of LeBron's greatness comes from being athletic af and strong with the ball. He doesn't have some repertoire of moves he can unleash, and thus teach Bronny.
lol this is a silly comment.. Lebron can get to ANY spot on the court that he wants, along with finishing with either hand

Daps
Reppin
Chi
lol this is a silly comment.. Lebron can get to ANY spot on the court that he wants, along with finishing with either hand
Yea he can, but he still doesn't have a deep bag like some other greats and/or contemporaries: kd, kobe, MJ, kyrie, even SGA. It's not to slight bron at all, he's stronger than all of them so he plays to that strength instead of having a pretty turnaround J like Melo.

Someone like T-Mac has a deep bag of moves, doesn't mean he's better than lebron, he just has a bigger arsenal of moves.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I Don't know why everyone's in a rush with this kid as in terms of Judging him and putting him in the NBA.
I'd love to see him develop over 2-3 more years in college and a stint in the g-league

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
At 6'1...to make it in the NBA, you have to be an athletic freak with a consistent shot. The league gets taller every year and 6'1 players are barely looked at anymore if they're not 1 in 1 million athletically and talent wise.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I Don't know why everyone's in a rush with this kid as far and Judging him and putting him in the NBA.
I'd love to see him develop over 2-3 more years in college and a stint in the g-league
My guess is bc Bron only wants to play another 2-3 years, ideally for them they'd both be on a team which is a title contender within that time frame (which could would take a couple years to build). I'm assuming Lebron's ultimate goal is for them to win a title together, and it's hard af for that to happen if Bronny isn't in the league until 2026 or '27

Daps
Reppin
Chi
At 6'1...to make it in the NBA, you have to be an athletic freak with a consistent shot. The league gets taller every year and 6'1 players are barely looked at anymore if they're not 1 in 1 million athletically and talent wise.

Let's be reality...as it stands rn, if his name was Chris Smith Jr, he's not even getting a combine invite, let alone being drafted in the 2nd round

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea he can, but he still doesn't have a deep bag like some other greats and/or contemporaries: kd, kobe, MJ, kyrie, even SGA. It's not to slight bron at all, he's stronger than all of them so he plays to that strength instead of having a pretty turnaround J like Melo.

Someone like T-Mac has a deep bag of moves, doesn't mean he's better than lebron, he just has a bigger arsenal of moves.
All this shyt is cap

Last edited: