Broke my damn dreamcast *Tenchi's Dreamcast blog thread*

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Redream should be able to run GDI files yea

Confirmed this worked bro & thx! For those that wanna use it, make sure you download the developer version of ReDream. The latest stable version is over 2 years old & isn't compatible. You also have to use your controller to scroll up/down in your game library. The mouse/keyboard wouldn't let me scroll past the initial games that appear on the screen

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Tenchi® Ryu™

My package just arrived today :blessed:

FQPhO9tWQAYAI9q

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Do you know where to buy a memory card that has plenty of storage to save the games?. Would hate to buy another memory card
Yep you want a 4x memory card, it’s basically 4 memory cards built into one that has a little switch that shuffles between the 4 memory card motherboards….it even works in game as the Dreamcast just sees it as you switching vmus

Only drawback is that it’s an actual memory card and not a vmu so you won’t be able see the cool little animations when playing games since it has no screen. Well worth getting tho, I’ve only bought just one and haven’t needed a new memory card since….

The official ones are hovering between 40-50 bucks on eBay but the third party versions which are just as good are a bit cheaper

Pelican accessories 4x Memory Clear Card for Sega Dreamcast TESTED WORKING | eBay

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep you want a 4x memory card, it’s basically 4 memory cards built into one that has a little switch that shuffles between the 4 memory card motherboards….it even works in game as the Dreamcast just sees it as you switching vmus

Only drawback is that it’s an actual memory card and not a vmu so you won’t be able see the cool little animations when playing games since it has no screen. Well worth getting tho, I’ve only bought just one and haven’t needed a new memory card since….

The official ones are hovering between 40-50 bucks on eBay but the third party versions which are just as good are a bit cheaper

Pelican accessories 4x Memory Clear Card for Sega Dreamcast TESTED WORKING | eBay

Dapped and repped

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those are clean…nightwing does good work and he’s flexible so if there is a game you’d like that you don’t see on his store just hit him up on his Facebook group and he’ll work with you

A while back I asked him if he could make a custom us version of guilty gear and he did….liked it so much he added it to his store

Guilty Gear X Sega Dreamcast reproduction u.s. art

I was so surprised to see how those disc and case are so clean like a store-bought as new.

I didn't see his Facebook or he didn't put his Facebook on his website, etc unless I missed something or blind.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Confirmed this worked bro & thx! For those that wanna use it, make sure you download the developer version of ReDream. The latest stable version is over 2 years old & isn't compatible. You also have to use your controller to scroll up/down in your game library. The mouse/keyboard wouldn't let me scroll past the initial games that appear on the screen
I’m hoping a redream core gets converted for Xbox retroarch so I can use that on my Xbox…the flycast corr is cool but it has its quirks

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
WOW

The VM2 project aims in the total reproduction and upgrade of the original VMU for our beloved Dreamcast. The VMU was one of the greatest console's assets, but with many design flaws. Now, with the VM2, all of these flaws are eliminated giving the user an experience that truly feels like next-gen! Internally, the VM2 received a totally fresh design with modern electronics. Externally, it is upgraded and at the same time keeps the original looks & feels, as a homage to the original VMU.

Features & Upgrades

• New monochrome backlit LCD
  • Higher screen resolution
  • Micro-SD storage
  • Internal storage of 128KB (200 blocks)
  • Embedded High-capacity battery
  • Micro-USB connection (for charging & connecting to a PC)
  • Original Audio support
  • DreamEye support
  • Original language support (EN/JP)
  • LCD game images streaming to PC
feutpgeekyqenm0a97mb.jpg

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WOW

The VM2 project aims in the total reproduction and upgrade of the original VMU for our beloved Dreamcast. The VMU was one of the greatest console's assets, but with many design flaws. Now, with the VM2, all of these flaws are eliminated giving the user an experience that truly feels like next-gen! Internally, the VM2 received a totally fresh design with modern electronics. Externally, it is upgraded and at the same time keeps the original looks & feels, as a homage to the original VMU.

Features & Upgrades

• New monochrome backlit LCD
  • Higher screen resolution
  • Micro-SD storage
  • Internal storage of 128KB (200 blocks)
  • Embedded High-capacity battery
  • Micro-USB connection (for charging & connecting to a PC)
  • Original Audio support
  • DreamEye support
  • Original language support (EN/JP)
  • LCD game images streaming to PC
feutpgeekyqenm0a97mb.jpg

:gladbron: