Broke my damn dreamcast *Tenchi's Dreamcast blog thread*

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Happy Birthday to the GOAT console

:blessed:

A cool recap of the year including the games that came out by Adam...11 new games came out this year
:ohhh:

To start the celebratory post, some really cool news from Citrus3000 and Chris

Not exactly sure of the ramifications here but potentially giving the dreamcast access to Naomi games if I'm reading this right would be a game changer....some fantastuc games came out on the naomi 2 all the way to like 2007

Meanwhile just a yearly update on my situation

My main DC still running, still having it running disc to feel "authentically nostalgic" or whatever and the DCHDMI still going strong, they renamed it to DCDigital now though so if you're updating the firmware that's what you'll see now.....they still havent given us a 1440p option, thought that might be on the new one maybe

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9405.jpg

My secondary dreamcast, the one this thread was made for in the first place going good too....whenever this new DCDigital mod comes out I'll probably get this one fitted with that, and then it will be the ultimate modded DC with both that and a GDEMU it already has installed

IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9406.jpg

This brooks adapter has been a godsend, its taking everything I throw at it and with updates even PS5 and Xbox Series controllers

IMG_9410.jpg

I've been experimenting heavy with emulation....if you're in the Xbox thread you know I play around with the emulation scene on there and the perks to emulating Dreamcast are also great, proper 4K widescreen gameplay, can change controller functions like using the right analog stick for some of those 3D dreamcast shooters...playing Outtrigger on a xbox controller with real right stick support is a gamechanger and I honestly don't know if I can go back to playing it on native hardware

f0be00d0-8be8-4f7d-a329-3c3a870289b4.png

Also cool is that with the Flycast emulator you can play Naomi games...and its some really cool games that are on there that never made their way to Dreamcast due to them jumping out of the console business.... Virtua NBA is pretty damn fun and would have been a nice alternative to the 2K series

So that's basically it from me.....Dreamcast community still doing its thing somehow....and we'll just be patient waiting on the new things that come to us

Also retweet this tweet by Bitstation to join ther raffle for free new dreamcast games

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
WOW

The VM2 project aims in the total reproduction and upgrade of the original VMU for our beloved Dreamcast. The VMU was one of the greatest console's assets, but with many design flaws. Now, with the VM2, all of these flaws are eliminated giving the user an experience that truly feels like next-gen! Internally, the VM2 received a totally fresh design with modern electronics. Externally, it is upgraded and at the same time keeps the original looks & feels, as a homage to the original VMU.

Features & Upgrades

• New monochrome backlit LCD
  • Higher screen resolution
  • Micro-SD storage
  • Internal storage of 128KB (200 blocks)
  • Embedded High-capacity battery
  • Micro-USB connection (for charging & connecting to a PC)
  • Original Audio support
  • DreamEye support
  • Original language support (EN/JP)
  • LCD game images streaming to PC
feutpgeekyqenm0a97mb.jpg
backlit, rechargable, upgradable? damn if these were features in the original vmu it would have been a gamechanger

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Happy Birthday to the GOAT console

:blessed:

A cool recap of the year including the games that came out by Adam...11 new games came out this year
:ohhh:

To start the celebratory post, some really cool news from Citrus3000 and Chris

Not exactly sure of the ramifications here but potentially giving the dreamcast access to Naomi games if I'm reading this right would be a game changer....some fantastuc games came out on the naomi 2 all the way to like 2007

Meanwhile just a yearly update on my situation

My main DC still running, still having it running disc to feel "authentically nostalgic" or whatever and the DCHDMI still going strong, they renamed it to DCDigital now though so if you're updating the firmware that's what you'll see now.....they still havent given us a 1440p option, thought that might be on the new one maybe

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9405.jpg

My secondary dreamcast, the one this thread was made for in the first place going good too....whenever this new DCDigital mod comes out I'll probably get this one fitted with that, and then it will be the ultimate modded DC with both that and a GDEMU it already has installed

IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9406.jpg

This brooks adapter has been a godsend, its taking everything I throw at it and with updates even PS5 and Xbox Series controllers

IMG_9410.jpg

I've been experimenting heavy with emulation....if you're in the Xbox thread you know I play around with the emulation scene on there and the perks to emulating Dreamcast are also great, proper 4K widescreen gameplay, can change controller functions like using the right analog stick for some of those 3D dreamcast shooters...playing Outtrigger on a xbox controller with real right stick support is a gamechanger and I honestly don't know if I can go back to playing it on native hardware

f0be00d0-8be8-4f7d-a329-3c3a870289b4.png

Also cool is that with the Flycast emulator you can play Naomi games...and its some really cool games that are on there that never made their way to Dreamcast due to them jumping out of the console business.... Virtua NBA is pretty damn fun and would have been a nice alternative to the 2K series

So that's basically it from me.....Dreamcast community still doing its thing somehow....and we'll just be patient waiting on the new things that come to us

Also retweet this tweet by Bitstation to join ther raffle for free new dreamcast games

Happy Birthday, Dreamcast. One of the GOAT consoles.

morris

Superstar
Daps

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
They dropped a very nice TMNT collection on dreamcast-talk and I'm messing with it on my gdemu dreamcast now, a lot of work was put into this homebrew disc

file.php

file.php

He re-released the collection with that really cool Streets of Rage 2 mod Shredders Re-Revenge I posted about in the Retro thread

Amazing new rom hack of Streets of Rage 2 out based on Shredders Revenge that came out not too long ago

This is probably one of the best collections of TMNT ever put together.....now on the GOAT console