Broke my damn dreamcast *Tenchi's Dreamcast blog thread*

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
After years of speculation its confirmed that there is playable demo of Castlevania Resurrection that a few people got a hold of, until now. Thanks as usual to the guys at dreamcast-talk for provided pics and video

file.png

file.png

file.png

file.png

Another sad case of what could have been with the dreamcast

Iso available online now

Castlevania: Resurrection (E3 Pre-Demo) DC ISO Download - CDRomance

Last edited:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
As you should be able to tell by the thread title, I hate having to go inside the dreamcast but I was having a issue to where reddit folks suggested it was the power supply pins...and them needing to be cleaned

so we opened the bad boy up

image1.jpg

And then completely removed the power supply to get to those pins

image0.jpg

Had to basically scrape crude off the pins cause that stuff was blocking currents the machine needs to run properly. But we took care of that and she's good as new, for now anyway

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As you should be able to tell by the thread title, I hate having to go inside the dreamcast but I was having a issue to where reddit folks suggested it was the power supply pins...and them needing to be cleaned

so we opened the bad boy up

image1.jpg

And then completely removed the power supply to get to those pins

image0.jpg

Had to basically scrape crude off the pins cause that stuff was blocking currents the machine needs to run properly. But we took care of that and she's good as new, for now anyway
I know you pc too so you know what it is. sometimes all it takes is some air n scrubbing.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
A few updates from the DCHDMI aka DC Digital folks

On their PS1 Digital, it got an update for a new 1200p mode, dreamcast apparently won't be able to get that and stuck at 1080p :shaq2:

Something cool tho, Sinden lightgun support has been added to the PS1 digital and chriz2600 says it is possible to be added to the dreamcast if the developer adds support to his DCHDMI

For reference, the sinden light gun is a project being tooted as the first lightgun meant for retro consoles truly compatble for today's televisions...a major blockade of playing past great lightgun games on retro consoles like House of the Dead, Duck Hunt and Time Crisis is that today's TVs don't have the compatible requirements to track the gun like old school CRT televisions could do

But that seems to be changing

Sinden Lightgun® – The official site for the Sinden Lightgun®