Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Kinda felt bad I was expecting some trash film based on the reviews but I give it an extra star just to fight the system :mjpls:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yet those guys were not white and not even heroes.

They just fought for their group

Dawg it was obvious orc were made to resemble the place of blacks in our current racial dynamic and elves fit into the racial dynamic of being capitalistically driven to be white. The dwarf working for the government was white. Plus the fed elf and dwarf beard were given credit via will and Jake letting the feds take credit.
To illustrate politicaly playing the greater good story of four dead cops blah blah blah.

Did you miss the race dynamic and end conflict resolution of this film. Or are you just trying to argue just to argue.

Art Barr

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Dawg it was obvious orc were made to resemble the place of blacks in our current racial dynamic and elves fit into the racial dynamic of being capitalistically driven to be white. The dwarf working for the government was white. Plus the fed elf and dwarf beard were given credit via will and Jake letting the feds take credit.
To illustrate politicaly playing the greater good story of four dead cops blah blah blah.

Did you miss the race dynamic and end conflict resolution of this film. Or are you just trying to argue just to argue.

Art Barr
I stated that there were no white heroes and you came at me like I was wrong.

Yet you have not provided proof.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I stated that there were no white heroes and you came at me like I was wrong.

Yet you have not provided proof.

do.you know what being white is.
as I defined it twice in my explanation to you.
white has nuffin to do exactly with skin color.
it is a caste system.

Art Barr

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
do.you know what being white is.
as I defined it twice in my explanation to you.
white has nuffin to do exactly with skin color.
it is a caste system.

Art Barr
Yea and human and inhuman classes Will and the Orc was the heroes both of which was not a part of the upper caste.

The other two guys: the Orc which wasn’t seen as white and the Elf which was seen as white simply just supported their group and were not heroes per se.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yea and human and inhuman classes Will and the Orc was the heroes both of which was not a part of the upper caste.

The other two guys: the Orc which wasn’t seen as white and the Elf which was seen as white simply just supported their group and were not heroes per se.

Are you saying the Orcs were wiggers,..if so I agree.
Outside of that Orcs were not treated like white people.
Nor were they classed.
If you think Orcs were treated as white in the caste system. You really lack knowledge of self.

Art Barr

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Started watching this last night.

It's cool. It makes sense that Max Landis wrote it. It feels like a TV MA version of his work on 'Dirk Gently'. :ehh:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
You know you have a point have you watch the second season of dirk gently it also had a fantasy elements to it.

Yeah - I saw it - it was cool. Not my favourite of the shows I watched this year. It's been cancelled now.
Jade Eshete though :takedat:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Didn't see it mentioned, but they did a little "History Channel documentary"-style video with some snippets of this universe's mythology:

I'm actually glad they DIDN'T include this in the actual movie. It opens up too many questions that would take too long to answer (e.g. Why was the Dark Lord an Elf if he executed a human? Did Sargon Magically create the Elves?)

It would have totally ruined the flow of the movie to just stop and give us 30 min of magic technobabble. They're right to leave it as "Extra" material for those of us who care about that stuff.