Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this as bad as critics n shyt are making it out to be? I was at my moms house couple days ago and she was watching it. The scene was in a club or something and it sound like everyone just discovered the word fukk and were cursing just to curse lol.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The movie wasn't that bad. It could've been better, but it's not the "worst movie of the year."

I'd probably give it a 6/10 though.

Star wars is the worst movie of the year.

Anyway, this movie was just another in the will smith check all the blockbuster boxes and weird ending style movies he always makes. Where some disconnect occurrs in main character.
or the main item leading to the solution the movie is about based arcs. That leave the viewer asking what the hell when the movie ends on a note.
that does not elaborate on why the conclusion, character or item was present in the film.
Sometimes in certain will smith movies this is done well and most find it to be insulting.
like the men in black later series sequels or ending to indie day.
In this, this movie does mostly everything right.
except for pay attention to the brevity and weight of the Content it supplies.
By leaving to much to the imagination on key conflict resolution points and key conflict creation points.
I have to spoiler this to explain but this movie never does a well enough job.
to connect the viewer to the person who will solve the conflict in the bright. Just to cause connection to transfer the power of the hero in the conflict erroneously to will smith from the actual bright in the film. Which imo, was just to spike a sequel for will smith in the property. Yet, this movie does not even feel like a property will would make a sequel too. Which is why a fully fledged out movie section to explain the lore and origin of this universe and dark lord threat should have visually been present in the film. In just a short animated vignette to explain the light order, dark lord, elves, and the bright in particular that introduces us visually to the solution of the movie. Plus, the racial element will plays it super safe by having a white wife. Instead of fully fleshing out the racial dynamic in this fantasy creatures never died fantasy.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Is this as bad as critics n shyt are making it out to be? I was at my moms house couple days ago and she was watching it. The scene was in a club or something and it sound like everyone just discovered the word fukk and were cursing just to curse lol.

That scene in the movie actually illustrates my main gripe with this film.
In that it never explains this world.
till it conviently needs to and is basically forced to explain from a bad writing and pacing of plot stand point.

This movie could have learned from the good.
that is featured in priest to quickly explain a universe's mythos.
While alternatively and mainly still leave it open for the studio's precious meddling.
to create a larger license and universe. Of which this film actually could do. Yet never explains shyt when it should to create the draw for this universe.

Art Barr

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
From what i can tell, alot of people seem to need the entire concept of fantasy species living with humans explained to them like 5 year olds. And it's really baffling to me, but at the same time it explains why so many people need origin stories for comic book movies. :ld:They even explain much of the backstory, and it seems alot of people just weren't even paying attention while they explain basic shyt, then they hop online complainin about shyt they missed. 6 Lord of the Rings movies and people are like "what is an orc?". It's just weird because the world that "Bright" builds isn't even that wild on the scifi-fantasy spectrum, but alot of people i'm seeing are like :mindblown:.

I have come to the conclusion that because of TV shows people expect every detail explained. Something about that is comforting to a lot of people . I even heard Charlagane tha god say hr thought the orcs were an alien race.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Its a rare film where I dont look at my phone a single time outside the theater

Movie was great. Ayer and Willy style back in form. Critics got some sticks up their ass (or a paid agenda :mjpls:)

You can tell Ayer and Will and everyone doctored up the script heavy (leading to that bytch max landis to complain on twitter as always). Get someone less puny writing and it'd be a great series

Get a centaur breh for the sequel. Let Will ride on the back of one of them

:dame:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Not bad. Felt like an overly long pilot episode for a sci-fi buddy cop series though

It is alien nation the movie and tv show combined together and relaunched with fantasy characters.
If they are not even human? :beli:

Whites is a human race bruh

They ain’t even main characters either

No white is a made up capitalistic mindstate and caste system.

Art Barr