Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
It was pretty good. The plot seemed to escalate a little quickly and it would have benefitted from being subdued and some more exposition. Like the other cops had already flipped to dirty in their 2nd scene, dead in the 3rd.

The world in this movie was pretty cool, I wish we got more of it through showing instead of telling. I guess you can blame the netflix budget, they prolly blew most of it getting Will lol.

Supernatural buddy cop flick. It's cool

This.

Movie is not great by any means... not bad either. Something to pass the time but you won’t feel like your time was entirely wasted watching this. But if you don’t watch it. you ain’t missing shyt. :manny:
It's aight.

Lol @ having Will live in the hood and still having a white wife.

And the black “gangstas” saying he has a “fine” wife...

:mjpls:

#StayWoke

:sas2:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
And those same people have been the ones saying for years that they're sick of origin stories.

I'm just come to the conclusion that some motherfukkers just like to bytch and complain about shyt. You can give them exactly what they ask for and they'll still find a reason to shyt on it.

Star Wars the Force Awakens was criticized for being a pseudo remake of A New Hope, not taking any chances, and not moving beyond the Skywalker family. The Last Jedi comes out and does all of those things and of course people are bytching about it not being like the original films.

People bytched about the Thor Franchise being too somber, serious, and dark...Thor Ragnarok comes out and injects humor and levity into the film and people complain about it being a comedy.

Even with Bright, how often do we see people whining about there being no original films with unique concepts.....This drops and people start complaining about it looking too weird and not buying the concept.

:snoop:
all facts.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This.

Movie is not great by any means... not bad either. Something to pass the time but you won’t feel like your time was entirely wasted watching this. But if you don’t watch it. you ain’t missing shyt. :manny:

And the black “gangstas” saying he has a “fine” wife...

:mjpls:

#StayWoke

:sas2:
Sounds realistic to me :russ:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
the movie was successful. and netflix being successful with blockbusters is not good for movie business.

on a sidenote: how come in every will smith movie there's always a subtle/not so subtle reference to Will's character being homophobic ?:mjpls: I know i aint the only one who peeped this :russ:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
One of the glaring problems with movies in general. Netflix handled Punisher for example, better than any of the movies. Some times, a hero story needs to be examined, probed, expanded, and cathartic. All we learned is that Smith's character is a Bright, but has no interest in learning spells or even diving into the culture... :why:

We're talking about the ability to raise the dead, level entire cities, cure disease, etc. Yet he's okay with being a cop? Nah, not buying that. Even Superman decides to keep his powers when given the option to be human. Being a god is much more appealing, especially if you're a good guy.

All that power would require the wand, and we see that the Magic Task Force retrieved it at the end. There was an unspoken agreement between Will and the Magic Feds that they would coverup everything involving the wand and the Brights in return for making all of the potential charges against the main characters disappear so that they could go on living a normal life.

It seems that part of the job of the Magic Task Force is to coverup anything related to summoning the Dark Lord. If Will's character started openly trying to use powers they would either have to recruit him, lock him up, or just make him disappear. And without the wand he wouldn't have any way to fight back. And why would he even want to leave his normal life?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The movie was OK.

It's just Training Day and End of Watch with fantasy.

Will's character made no sense and how did he know his cop partners were going to kill him?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
From what i can tell, alot of people seem to need the entire concept of fantasy species living with humans explained to them like 5 year olds. And it's really baffling to me, but at the same time it explains why so many people need origin stories for comic book movies. :ld:They even explain much of the backstory, and it seems alot of people just weren't even paying attention while they explain basic shyt, then they hop online complainin about shyt they missed. 6 Lord of the Rings movies and people are like "what is an orc?". It's just weird because the world that "Bright" builds isn't even that wild on the scifi-fantasy spectrum, but alot of people i'm seeing are like :mindblown:.
Pay no attention to those people

When people want to hate something they’ll find any reason to hate it and alot of them went into this looking for reasons not to like it like sheep

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The movie was OK.

It's just Training Day and End of Watch with fantasy.

Will's character made no sense and how did he know his cop partners were going to kill him?
It was common sense :dahell:

Will isn’t dirty and wanted to turn the wand in

Why would he believe they were just gonna kill his partner and let him walk away