Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Critics were paid off to trash this because of what this could mean for traditional box office releases in the future.
Yup!!

And it has made me support the film more.

Those writer hacks are so obvious to why they hate it....

It prolly has the highest difference in scores between critics and viewers that I have ever seen on RT, critics score it in the 20’s while viewers score it in the 80’s.

Not saying the movie is superb but the critics are blatantly going into overdrive on this one:scust:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Ummm...no.

The film was basura.

Batman vs. Superman quality at best
every horrible review I’ve seen has said this film is a threat to theatre releases, which adds obviously a lot more to the disdain.

I’m not gonna say the movie is great and I understand if someone hates it, but the hive mind of these critics is very transparent.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
guess my netflix had a different version cuz in what i watched smith was a normal azz human and it was obvious it was the elve rolling with them that was the bright (as soon as the blue haired dude said noomi rapace is vunerable without her wand).

Even when smith had the wand it was the elve controlling it so she essentially saved the day.

mafukka are YOU DUMB ? this is why you should never listen to anyone opinions but ya own

Will Smith controlled the wand, if you paid attention at all during the movie, when they pick up the homeless man with the sword, he tells his Orc partner that Will Smith is the chosen one (the one to defeat the dark lord)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
mafukka are YOU DUMB ? this is why you should never listen to anyone opinions but ya own

Will Smith controlled the wand, if you paid attention at all during the movie, when they pick up the homeless man with the sword, he tells his Orc partner that Will Smith is the chosen one (the one to defeat the dark lord)
Its already been explained by someome clearly more mature than you are

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Its already been explained by someome clearly more mature than you are
You're not being serious are you? Please tell me you aren't

Just FYI, the movie is sitting at an accurate 7.4 user score metacritic. Conversely, you can tell the critics didn't review this objectively at all

Critics loved it comes at night despite the false advertising from the trailers

Critics loved The Witch and I saw that shyt in theaters too. fukking movie only had one good part in the end

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Just FYI, the movie is sitting at an accurate 7.4 user score metacritic. Conversely, you can tell the critics didn't review this objectively at all

Critics loved The Witch and I saw that shyt in theaters too. fukking movie only had one good part in the end
:russ: dude i am talking about a reveal which i interpreted wrongly and was explained to me a page ago. That post is to the johnny come lately clown now chiming in at the 11th hour fresh from the school playground

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

All subjective shyt:russ: when are y'all going to realize critics, just like you, are people with different opinions? So because they for the most part liked it comes at night and you didn't, it's fukk them? Or because they for the most part loved the witch (me too) and you didn't, it's fukk them? Breh, there has to be a line somewhere cause that shyt is crazy. Here's a great article on the whole subject too:
Netflix’s Bright shines a light on divide between critics, audiences on Rotten Tomatoes

Anyway, the movie was fine. I enjoyed watching it for the most part and liked the world it created. Don't know if I'd watch it again or its sequel but it's solid.