Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My bad this is the film room I thought it was common knowledge that the reason he turned down Django because he wanted it to be a bigger role and for him to the hero at the end

Same feeling I get from this

It would’ve had bigger for the Orc to be the bright and save everyone at the end

Man fukk ALL of that.

In a world where black characters RARELY get to be more than the bumbling, idiot savant sidekicks (see Star Wars: The Finn Sleeps and Star Wars: The Last Tap Dancing Negro) I’m glad to see a Will Smith movie where HE’s the hero and the chosen one.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I was actually thinking the same thing looking back on this. When they said that only one human in a million was a Bright, the OF COURSE everyone in the audience immediately knew Will Smith was that one in a million.

How much better would it have been if the Orc turned out to be The Chosen One/Reincarnation of Jirak the Orc hero from the graffiti mural we see during the opening credits?

But Will Smith's the star, and they already showed him holding the wand in the trailers, so...
guess my netflix had a different version cuz in what i watched smith was a normal azz human and it was obvious it was the elve rolling with them that was the bright (as soon as the blue haired dude said noomi rapace is vunerable without her wand).

Even when smith had the wand it was the elve controlling it so she essentially saved the day.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was actually thinking the same thing looking back on this. When they said that only one human in a million was a Bright, the OF COURSE everyone in the audience immediately knew Will Smith was that one in a million.

How much better would it have been if the Orc turned out to be The Chosen One/Reincarnation of Jirak the Orc hero from the graffiti mural we see during the opening credits?

But Will Smith's the star, and they already showed him holding the wand in the trailers, so...

Jakoby IS "the chosen one". During the scene where they arrested the guy with the sword the guys speaking Orkish and says Jakoby has been chosen by the prophecy.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
guess my netflix had a different version cuz in what i watched smith was a normal azz human and it was obvious it was the elve rolling with them that was the bright (as soon as the blue haired dude said noomi rapace is vunerable without her wand).

Even when smith had the wand it was the elve controlling it so she essentially saved the day.

You wrong bruh.

Will Smith was a Bright. It was said during the film that if a non bright touched the wand they'd basically explode. Will was planning on sacrificing himself by grabbing the wand only to find out he could hold it, Jakoby even says that he's a bright, then the Elf chick they were trying to protect tells him a spell that he can use to kill the other elf chick.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
I enjoyed the movie

However

The dialogue was cringeworthy and made me mad, like 99% of the characters were a stereotype of their race :gucci:

I also agree with others that plots were rushed and no time to build he characters and world building. It feels like this movie is more appropriate for a sequel.

I hope there is a second one with tweaks

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
not tryna nitpick or dap pander, but I noticed one of the elves with Noomie was asian and you really don't see any dark/brown skin elves in the entire movie. also, the magic bureau elf dude was played by edgar martinez of Jason Bourne fame. so we can have asian looking elves and hispanic looking elves but no elves with melanin?

I just thought it was funny that's all :manny:

They all looked white to me :mjlol:

I pointed this out to my fiancé and said that elves is from white lore so it makes sense that they are white...

Good enough POV for me and kim :yeshrug:

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It started good, then it got lost and the ending was lame....but I liked the concept :jbhmm::jbhmm: 6.5/10

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Man fukk ALL of that.

In a world where black characters RARELY get to be more than the bumbling, idiot savant sidekicks (see Star Wars: The Finn Sleeps and Star Wars: The Last Tap Dancing Negro) I’m glad to see a Will Smith movie where HE’s the hero and the chosen one.
Speaking objectively it would've been better for the story for the Orc to be a bright. But Black Magic is gawd:wow:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Speaking objectively it would've been better for the story for the Orc to be a bright. But Black Magic is gawd:wow:
From bein an outcast amongst his ppl to getting blooded

*says in rogue's voice*

"aint that enough"