Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Will's character is a non-believer he's not fixated on magic... :ld: You see his reaction about finding the magic wand... He just wanted to do the right thing, he didn't even care about making wishes or changing the world or even having all the money he could ever want. And a HUMAN bright is a one in a million. when the guy from the shield of light told jakoby in orc about Will being special that was the foreshadowing right there. Also the magic wand only seemed to work if you know the spell. And there's gonna be the sequel maybe they get deeper into the mythology and see more magic relic's in the world. magic swords, grimoires, D'jinn lamps. etc.

I think that’s only for particular high level spells remember the bad elf was using the wand without any spells at one point. I think a destruction spell had to be cast to finally kill her as she had an enchantment on her that healed multiple close range shotgun shots that seemingly killed her. And I agree Wil Smith character should have claimed that wand.

It would have been badass and built up anticipation for the sequel(I am already hyped for Bright 2) if after destroying the bad elf Will Smith character pulled some major shyt like reverse time or mind wipe the entire city so no one was aware of all that had transpired. Then he went with Tikka to learn some high level shyt in preparition for the dark lords return. The only thing was he had a family so he couldn’t just disappear but it would have been dope. A poster above dropped that idea and I actually liked it. I hope there is more wand fukkerry in the sequel.

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
Ridiculous from the lazy concept (writer: “hey what if I mix worlds, like elves meets south central LA...I know ...a quick story...Training Day with Lord of the Rings creatures, that’ll work”) to Netflix :krs: at the script to the poor execution to the masses eating it up and enjoying it

Ridiculous all round :birdman:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Lol this is sort of true tho...still a dope movie

One scene in particular reminded me of training day hard
when the Orc son said Jackoby let him go on that taggin shyt.
was like when shorty in Training Day got saved by Jake from the dope head.
thats the part that reminded me.

and lemme find out these critics on some illuminati want my mind soul and my body shyt!
:russ:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I have zero interest in seeing this movie but I'm dying at people making everything about the critics. Even when people massively disagree with the critics, you still give them power by considering what they think as "the standard". Hell, I bet half the people here subconsciously overrate the movie simply because the critics lowered their expectations enormously.

And it's funny to see everyone jump on the narrative of audiences hated the praised The Last Jedi and loved the panned Bright. Meanwhile TLJ has a 7.6 on IMDb and Bright a 6.7. You guys still run narratives created by media.:russ:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I liked the underlining plot of the movie.

Dialogue was atrocious though. Way too many significant events happened too with no lead up.

Such as jakoby fulfilling the ork prophecy.
The two chicks being sisters?:dwillhuh:

Ward bn a bright was foreshadowed.

The elves never followed them once they were 20-30 yards away:usure:

Wtf happened 2000 years ago?!? No mention y humans hated orcs or how elves came to power

I did like that a woman was a head of all the police crews, along with a Jew and Mexican running internal affairs.

I think it would of been better as a series too many significant events happened too closely for me with no explanation

I support will tho, so I will watch the sequel

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I liked the underlining plot of the movie.

Dialogue was atrocious though. Way too many significant events happened too with no lead up.

Such as jakoby fulfilling the ork prophecy.
The two chicks being sisters?:dwillhuh:

Ward bn a bright was foreshadowed.

The elves never followed them once they were 20-30 yards away:usure:

Wtf happened 2000 years ago?!? No mention y humans hated orcs or how elves came to power

I did like that a woman was a head of all the police crews, along with a Jew and Mexican running internal affairs.

I think it would of been better as a series too many significant events happened too closely for me with no explanation

I support will tho, so I will watch the sequel
:russ:

I was like damn nikkas really hyping this up when I was watching it.