NULL
It was heavy on :mjpls: but I need to read a synopsis to really gauge this

Hope Netflix recoups and keeps their neck on big studios

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Honestly, it really should've been a series. I get what Ayer was trying to put forth, but it felt so lackluster when we're talking about the over-arching theme. Sure racism/specism was touched lightly, but after that it became one-liner central, and I was tired of Smith for his chance to make a joke. So he's a Bright too, saw that coming, but who cares? nothing happens after. He becomes a cop again and all is well.

Horrible. They should've made it so that he actually went to Tikka to learn Elvish, and see if he can pour out some black excellence magic. Instead he settled with being a fukking pig? Only when a cac directs, I swear.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I'd say like 10% of all old Star Trek TOS and Twilight Zone episodes used this type of allegory.

When the cop mentioned that his ancestors killed thousands of Orcs back in Russia 2000 years ago that was a comment on holding grudges from Biblical times into the modern world. So Orcs were ALSO part Jewish, but in a different way than the Elves.

That would make the Orcs Middle-Eastern.

Elves and Orcs were also both part Asian:
Elves with the "Kung-Fu" agility and Orcs playing the role of Samoans/Pacific Islanders in sports.

That would make them black.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, it really should've been a series. I get what Ayer was trying to put forth, but it felt so lackluster when we're talking about the over-arching theme. Sure racism/specism was touched lightly, but after that it became one-liner central, and I was tired of Smith for his chance to make a joke. So he's a Bright too, saw that coming, but who cares? nothing happens after. He becomes a cop again and all is well.

Horrible. They should've made it so that he actually went to Tikka to learn Elvish,
and see if he can pour out some black excellence magic. Instead he settled with being a fukking pig? Only when a cac directs, I swear.

I thought the same thing. Would’ve set the sequel up nicely. The movie was too predictable and safe. Should’ve taken some chances with that world.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I just finished it. This movie was great. I didn’t even know my girl Noomi was in this so when I saw her name on the opening credits I knew I was in. The inferni! Nothing to fukk with. The world they set up was incredibly interesting. I was rolling at the end when they were being questioned by the feds. I’m definitely down for a sequel. fukk a movie critic. Will and Netflix gave us that fire. I’ll probably watch it again after dinner.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Horrible. They should've made it so that he actually went to Tikka to learn Elvish, and see if he can pour out some black excellence magic. Instead he settled with being a fukking pig? Only when a cac directs, I swear.

Will's character is a non-believer he's not fixated on magic... :ld: You see his reaction about finding the magic wand... He just wanted to do the right thing, he didn't even care about making wishes or changing the world or even having all the money he could ever want. And a HUMAN bright is a one in a million. when the guy from the shield of light told jakoby in orc about Will being special that was the foreshadowing right there. Also the magic wand only seemed to work if you know the spell. And there's gonna be the sequel maybe they get deeper into the mythology and see more magic relic's in the world. magic swords, grimoires, D'jinn lamps. etc.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I just finished it. This movie was great. I didn’t even know my girl Noomi was in this so when I saw her name on the opening credits I knew I was in. The inferni! Nothing to fukk with. The world they set up was incredibly interesting. I was rolling at the end when they were being questioned by the feds. I’m definitely down for a sequel. fukk a movie critic. Will and Netflix gave us that fire. I’ll probably watch it again after dinner.
Def gotta check it out tonight :wow:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

Will spent the entire movie saying he wanted his life back. He had 5 years left to receive his pension and he was looking to sell his place. This ain't star wars. This a buddy cop flick.:francis: