Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Dope movie. Would love to see more of the series. Reminds me of my first time seeing Guardians of the Galaxy.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Some people really looking too deep into this movie. Some people are trying to be overly analytical. It's a really fun buddy-cop fantasy movie. Yall can stop trying to bring up race relations and Training Day. Certain tropes always work with buddy cop films. It's just a really fun movie that the critics got wrong. And for some reason people are watching this shyt on some "let me peep it, it must be deep...i'ma give me professional sociological analysis afterwards". And for the love of god, stop acting like watching a movie on Netflix has to be some special event and you have to announce it to people.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I think that’s only for particular high level spells remember the bad elf was using the wand without any spells at one point. I think a destruction spell had to be cast to finally kill her as she had an enchantment on her that healed multiple close range shotgun shots that seemingly killed her. And I agree Wil Smith character should have claimed that wand.

It would have been badass and built up anticipation for the sequel(I am already hyped for Bright 2) if after destroying the bad elf Will Smith character pulled some major shyt like reverse time or mind wipe the entire city so no one was aware of all that had transpired. Then he went with Tikka to learn some high level shyt in preparition for the dark lords return. The only thing was he had a family so he couldn’t just disappear but it would have been dope. A poster above dropped that idea and I actually liked it. I hope there is more wand fukkerry in the sequel.
:gucci: how would will know how to do all that stuff and how would he even know to do that he was just trying to kill the elf bright

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
So y are the renegade elves side with the dark lord with trying to bring him back?

Why r the orcs and elves on earth?
Because they're renegade elves...:what:

They didn't come from anywhere...in this movie universe they just are on earth like humans....lol why you trying so hard breh?

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because they're renegade elves...:what:

They didn't come from anywhere...in this movie universe they just are on earth like humans....lol why you trying so hard breh?

Trying hard for what? Lots of unanswered questions. We'Ll agree to disagree

Conz

Superstar
Daps
The fact they did this just proves to me Netflix isn't good at movies yet

Like I'm sure it's gonna get a ton of watches, but that's only bc there are like 17 movies total on the damn service. They thought this world was worthy of a sneaker collabo?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people really looking too deep into this movie. Some people are trying to be overly analytical. It's a really fun buddy-cop fantasy movie. Yall can stop trying to bring up race relations and Training Day. Certain tropes always work with buddy cop films. It's just a really fun movie that the critics got wrong. And for some reason people are watching this shyt on some "let me peep it, it must be deep...i'ma give me professional sociological analysis afterwards". And for the love of god, stop acting like watching a movie on Netflix has to be some special event and you have to announce it to people.

Some people take movies more seriously than others. :yeshrug:

Daps
If the movie is just part 1 and they plan on making at least one other - 7/10

If the movie is a one-off with nothing else planned - 4/10

Interesting premise and actually like the movie, but they need like 2 more films: one to explain the whole backstory and show the aftermath of part 1 and a final movie to tie everything up