"BRICK CITY" THE OFFICIAL NEWARK DISCUSSION THREAD

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
me and my boy used to smoke and drink with these strippers from that strip club up the street from Marlos's on Lyons Ave. the name slips my memory. they stayed in Hill Manor, never ran into any problems over there, just the occasional mouse running across the floor. LOL
.World Paradise aka where they shot the strip club scene in Belly

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
The old pj's Newark use to have

NewarkRiot-Area.jpg

Scudder_prep.jpg

columbushomes_1.jpg

487210-Large-fullheightview-view-from-the-southeast.jpg

PJ1_866.jpg

bld53.jpg

Scudder_end.jpg
hence the name brick city

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
.World Paradise aka where they shot the strip club scene in Belly
my favorite spot, we were young nikkas going in that joint... no id never asked, just sipping and slapping asses all night. We was up in there every weekend. I even got to spin a couple nights in there. no cash, just free drinks for me and my boys. It wasn't nothing for me and the crew to lace up the timbs with snow on the ground and walk from hillside to world paradise. went home recently to go, and its a fuggin poppa johns pizza there.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
The cops in Union are the worst. Every time I got pulled over they had me handcuffs breh and one time took me downtown on a warrant for a parking ticket I aint paid
naw b, hillside police is the worst, I used to get followed by them all the time. I used to have a police scanner, and would listen to them run my tags. and cats know not to fukk around in hillside. their bored and have nothing to do, so more bullshyt for them to fukk with you

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Weather is pretty shytty today. Just grabbed brunch over at IHOP on Bergen st.
Bout to check out one more property in Irvington then shoot down to the mall in Elizabeth. Will check out downtown Newark later this evening.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Jersey is unique that way, there are at least 3 "communities" I can think of that have their American central(or #2) spot here.

Second largest Cuban community in America is in Union City
Largest Costa Rican community in America is in Bound Brook
I knew that North Newark has a high Brazilian,Angolan,Cape Verdean & Portuguese population, but until you pointed it out..I'd agree that it might be second only to Boston area.

Food for all three general groups is great.
You can find pretty much every group in Jersey some where

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
naw b, hillside police is the worst, I used to get followed by them all the time. I used to have a police scanner, and would listen to them run my tags. and cats know not to fukk around in hillside. their bored and have nothing to do, so more bullshyt for them to fukk with you
Yea you right. I stay on Liberty then jump on rt 22 for the most part because I only be over there for the shoprit8and these 2 shorties that live close to that Popeyes

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
After Years of Planning, Newark’s Mulberry Commons Park to Finally Open Next Week
By
Jared Kofsky
-
May 10, 2019
Mulberry-Commons-park-Newark-1.jpg

Finally opening next week: Mulberry Commons, Newark. Rendering via Sage and Coombe Architects.

Next week, on a day that feels like it has been “coming soon” for eons, Newark officials will finally cut the ribbon for the long-awaited Mulberry Commons park in the city’s downtown.

A grand opening celebration for the new three-acre park across from the Prudential Center has been scheduled for next Tuesday, May 14. An event flyer shows that Mayor Ras Baraka, members of the Newark Municipal Council, Newark Department of Housing and Economic Development Interim Director Natasha Rogers, Newark Community Economic Development Corporation President and CEO Bernel Hall, Newark Downtown District CEO Anthony McMillan, and several corporate leaders are slated to speak at the event from 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., with a ribbon cutting expected to follow. Live entertainment, food vendors, and activities for families are planned between 11:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

The site surrounding the park, which currently stretches east from Mulberry Street toward McCarter Highway, was once home to Newark’s Chinatown neighborhood and the Central Railroad of New Jersey’s (CRRNJ) Newark and New York Railroad tracks. In more recent years, the property contained private parking lots.

Mulberry Commons has been in the works for nearly 14 years and New Jersey’s largest city has had four mayors in the time since the plans surfaced for the park. The project was previously known as Triangle Park and was initially expected to be developed by the former Newark Downtown Core Redevelopment Corporation. Eventually, after over a decade of planning, differing designs, and confusion, a groundbreaking ceremony was held in October 2017.

Mulberry-Commons-park-Newark-3.jpg

Mulberry Commons, Newark. Rendering via Sage and Coombe Architects.
A recent statement from the City of Newark called Mulberry Commons “a milestone in Newark’s economic development, creating a new center of gravity in the City’s growing downtown and unlocking the long-ignored development potential of Newark’s Penn Station, one of the nation’s busiest rail hubs.”

Mulberry Commons will include terraces, an interactive fountain, public art, and seating areas. The final version of the project was designed by Manhattan-based Sage and Coombe Architects and Supermass Studio. Sage and Coombe’s website and social media platforms mention that there will also be a beer garden, an event plaza, play spaces, and a slide.

The premises sit adjacent both the former Newark Warehouse Company building and the former CRRNJ bridge over the Northeast Corridor railroad tracks. The building is currently in the process of being converted into the Ironside Newark office development, which will also include retail space facing Mulberry Commons and a public atrium when it is completed in the near future. Meanwhile, the bridge is eventually expected to become part of Mulberry Commons and allow for direct access to the park from Newark Penn Station and the Ironbound neighborhood.