"BRICK CITY" THE OFFICIAL NEWARK DISCUSSION THREAD

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
I posted this on the Sopranos movie thread

I saw they were shooting at night between Broad Street and Brandford Place when I was coming back from work last couple nights, Newark brehs would know what I’m taking about. I’m still:ohhh: at the fact Newark has become a place to shoot movie scenes now.

On the Prudential Center, I agree it’s an overall better venue than Barclays Center. It’s a shame Josh Harris wasn’t the owner of the Devils when the Prudential Center. He could’ve bought the Nets before he bought the Sixers and Prudential Center would’ve been the preeminent building in NYC besides the Garden.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
We used to go to the Paramount...AND the Adams theatres.

That was our version of the Times Square movie houses
They're filming over on Brandford pl. They have their props set up already

I was going to reply that the ONLY reason that anybody ever went on Branford Place was to go to the Adams way way back in the day.

They have the Adams marquee featured in the scenes being filmed for the Sopranos film
66cd55e6-2b50-4402-8b62-80f0560310cb-sopranos_shoot.jpg

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
I was going to reply that the ONLY reason that anybody ever went on Branford Place was to go to the Adams way way back in the day.

They have the Adams marquee featured in the scenes being filmed for the Sopranos film
66cd55e6-2b50-4402-8b62-80f0560310cb-sopranos_shoot.jpg
I remember going to the Adams theater as a lil boy and rats use to have a sprint medley underneath our feet lol

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Newark what's really good?
I am a Boston dude who Just touch down. Here till Monday.

Looking some to potentially purchase some property in the Newark or Irvington area.

Any recommendations?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Newark what's really good?
I am a Boston dude who Just touch down. Here till Monday.

Looking some to potentially purchase some property in the Newark or Irvington area.

Any recommendations?
Property near bordering towns is the first thing you want to look at....preferably on the block where the border line is.

Irvington near Maplewood border

Newark (Forest Hill section) near Belleville

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Newark is not that bad as ppl make it out to be:ehh:

I looked at 3 properties today. 2 of them were multi-family located behind Beth Israel hospital. 3rd property was a mixed commercial property that is along the Irvington borderline.

Had Brazilian rodizio for lunch at this place called Brasilia Grill. Shocked at how much Brazilian/Portuguese folk are here in Newark. I thought back in Mass. We had a lot.

Currently heading over to Livingston for a soiree amongst some old friends.

Just went through this place called Millburn :whoo:

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Newark is not that bad as ppl make it out to be:ehh:

I looked at 3 properties today. 2 of them were multi-family located behind Beth Israel hospital. 3rd property was a mixed commercial property that is along the Irvington borderline.

Had Brazilian rodizio for lunch at this place called Brasilia Grill. Shocked at how much Brazilian/Portuguese folk are here in Newark. I thought back in Mass. We had a lot.

Currently heading over to Livingston for a soiree amongst some old friends.

Just went through this place called Millburn :whoo:
Newark area and New England have the most Portuguese /Brazilians

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Newark area and New England have the most Portuguese /Brazilians
Jersey is unique that way, there are at least 3 "communities" I can think of that have their American central(or #2) spot here.

Second largest Cuban community in America is in Union City
Largest Costa Rican community in America is in Bound Brook
I knew that North Newark has a high Brazilian,Angolan,Cape Verdean & Portuguese population, but until you pointed it out..I'd agree that it might be second only to Boston area.

Food for all three general groups is great.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
Central Ward.

MLK and Spruce
PSP - Stella Wright projects
Hayes Homes
Lil Bricks
Brick Towers
Hill Manor
Lincoln Park
Summer League games at Green acres
The hole

me and my boy used to smoke and drink with these strippers from that strip club up the street from Marlos's on Lyons Ave. the name slips my memory. they stayed in Hill Manor, never ran into any problems over there, just the occasional mouse running across the floor. LOL

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
Not from Newark but i was born in Beth israel. i got crazy family there my aunt R.I.P use to live 295 s 11th st. I fukks wit new community(hunterdon) , chancellor ave both newark and irvington., got fam in Georgia king village. As a out of towner the things i remember about Newark is Club music, the sheer amount of stickup kids, Portugese bytches in ironbound,and that white castle on elizabeth ave next to the arab chicken spot that shyt I cant front i've seen the illest car chases of my life in Newark/irvington. i seen a lil breh riding on a bike with other little brehs on fabyan place get hit by a stolen car being chased by the boys and them nikkas smashed lil man into the air and kept it moving..it was only a few seconds long i'm sure in hindsight but i will never forget the sequence or the glimpse seeing the crushed bike with the tire still spinnin and lil breh in position your body only in if you aint alive:mjcry:
the white castle on elizabeth ave was the after joint hang out spot, when skate 22 in union was over. I remember one night saw a stolen car have task force chase cats back and forth to Hillside and back to newark. One night almost got hit head on by auto task force, on Elizabeth ave just passing by weequahic park.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
For all my old school Newark heads. Before we were "allowed" to go to Branch Brook park skating rink, we were at Twin City looking over our shoulders so them n*ggas from Dayton Street PJ's wouldn't jux us lol

@feelosofer @Mansa Musa

Thats straight up Club Zanzibar, Sensations classic nj club music.