Bret Hart shytting on modern wrestling once again: says if you gotta do 1000 chops in a match, you're a trash wrestler.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I'm kinda with HitGOAT per usual.

It's not the chops that I don't like. It's the how obviously phony they are. This whole "Stand there while I chop you, and then I'll stand here while you chop me, rinse and repeat" routine is complete bullshyt :francis:

Nobody sells them. And then when the do sell them, the chops look like this

Machine%2BGun%2BChop.gif

I expect a 4 year old to throw chops like this. Not a 42 year old grown adult :snoop:

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You missed the full quote where he used the interview to shoot on Goldberg

"And when these guys dive over the top rope onto the 20 wrestlers on the floor - they've gotta stop doing that. It’s just not real ... and with the chops, and everybody chopping themselves. What a bunch of baloney. Nobody ever won a match with a chop. All the wooing. It's really taking away from the beauty and the art of great wrestling.

"There's a lot of great wrestlers out there that can deliver great matches. But there's so many wrestlers out there that are subpar in my opinion, that don't know what they're doing out there. And they allow themselves to rely on things like chops, which I think is sort of like cheap heat - you get a reaction, but what’s your reaction? You're whipping a guy across the chest with your hand? Okay, so you're hurting some guy for real, for some stupid reason. And the crowd sort of reacts to it.

"In my understanding of pro wrestling, anytime anyone does anything to you that hurts, for real - chopping, putting blisters on your chest when you go to your room or bed, anytime anyone does things to you for real, they're in the wrong business. They're doing it wrong. Because you're not supposed to get hurt. You're not supposed to come back to your dressing room that night, or to your hotel room and have a big lump on your head and a black eye and your teeth are knocked out. That's Bill Goldberg wrestling. That's not how it’s done."

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Dragunov does them, Trick took some at VD but Trick went down in the corner after like 3, so it didn't look stupid as when Cesaro stood in the corner and took like 50 from Eddie. Shyt was :scust: and why I didn't need to mention names earlier because we all know who the offenders are.
I don't like those chops, but certain wresters (Mark Briscoe, Shinsuke Nakamura, and a few others) can pull them off. The way Eddie Kingston does those chops, it looks like he's slapping his own titty.
:flabbynsick:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I don't like those chops, but certain wresters (Mark Briscoe, Shinsuke Nakamura, and a few others) can pull them off. The way Eddie Kingston does those chops, it looks like he's slapping his own titty.
:flabbynsick:
Because he is. Watch this, while I still never understood how a guy would just stand there and take multiple chops like this, at least this is the proper technique.