Bret Hart shytting on modern wrestling once again: says if you gotta do 1000 chops in a match, you're a trash wrestler.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
I actually agree with Shytman about the chops but him still hating on GOATberg is corny,GOATberg clearly feels bad about it and still always praises him

It's time for GOATberg to go see Droopy

Droopy_dog.png

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
If you're really gonna take this route, make sure you and your opponents never punch in matches. In kayfabe it's supposed to be illegal and anytime a guy is down you would start punching him in the head if you were actually trying to win.

They kayfabe legalized it like 15 years ago

But overall yeah, punches are one of the fakes things in wrestling

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If you're really gonna take this route, make sure you and your opponents never punch in matches. In kayfabe it's supposed to be illegal and anytime a guy is down you would start punching him in the head if you were actually trying to win.
And don’t walk around barking, gloating, celebrating, or talking shyt when you’re opponent is on the ground if you want realistic looking ass kicking. In a real fight, if you have your opponent on the ground, you keep fighting, not just hanging around waiting for him to get back up.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Goatmayne right again. People let Chopbashi vs Sasaski ruin psychology. What worked for them in one match should not have become standard in every match everywhere.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I don't like those chops, but certain wresters (Mark Briscoe, Shinsuke Nakamura, and a few others) can pull them off. The way Eddie Kingston does those chops, it looks like he's slapping his own titty.
:flabbynsick:
I'm pretty sure that's what he was doing.
Yea that sh1t is terrible. What Gunther does looks like good offense imo
Gunther's style is completely fitting with the character he portrays: violent and brutal, yet technical in its execution.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Benoit used to always use forearms..he threw punches in that Kevin Sullivan feud though.

Daps

You can see just from those clips that Steamboat established that he was going to try to out-quick Bret and catch him with those arm drags when they were rope running early; then, they had two more spots centered around Bret knowing that the armdrag was coming during the rope running and trying to stop it. In the next armdrag spot, he tried to block the arm drag and got forcefully taken over. In the one after that, he killed the rope running entirely by countering with a swinging neckbreaker.

I'm giving props to Steamboat too because he's one of the G.O.A.T.s, but this is what Bret is saying about realism. We all know Irish whips are dumb as hell, but if you can sell me that they're a natural part of a fight by layering logical moves and countermoves over the top of it, I'll easily accept the illusion of the Irish whip.