Brehs.....the GV70 - Can a breh stunt with this?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I would not get brand new since depreciation.

But if you can afford it then why not :yeshrug::manny:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
:russ: Where do y’all get this stuff from I’ve had a genesis since 2017 and have low key yet to see anyone else but guys with one…but that’s neither here nor there cars aren’t just sold to males or females.
It’s true and your delusional is you think otherwise. You think pick up trucks are for women

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s true and your delusional is you think otherwise. You think pick up trucks are for women

dude I’ve live in Oklahoma and Texas for over a decade and a half. Yes I know a ton of woman with pick up trucks. It’s plenty of women with pick up trucks. Guess what it’s also women with sports cars. You just be young or something.

only older women I see with mini vans and crossovers…no one ever knocked me for having a genesis in fact I low key think people started getting them on post after I got mines.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
They have some of the best looking cars in the game right now
First time I saw that model I thought it was a new aston martin or something. they both have that wing emblem thing
my neighbor traded in his v8 charger for a g70 and that's beautiful too
if they can somehow keep this up it's only a matter of time before they are viewed as legit luxury

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think if they keep it up, they will eventually break through the whole “it’s a Hyundai” thing and their luxury brand will have its own identity
Never. It will always be a tier below even the lowest tier of luxury car brands which is Lexus. If they cant leap frog Lexus, they arent even in the conversation. :yeshrug:
This isnt to say the cars arent well designed or the materials in the interior are cheap. Its just not up to the standard set by the big 3 (BMW, Benz, Audi) and the lack of brand loyalty compared to them.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I thought Genesis already shed that stigma
It did. Only on here is Genesis equivalent to driving some 1990s Hyundai. It just doesn't have the 'brand prestige' of the Germans or Japanese like a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus as of yet, but that means you get to get a ton more value for your money, but the GV80 is especially selling well.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Never. It will always be a tier below even the lowest tier of luxury car brands which is Lexus. If they cant leap frog Lexus, they arent even in the conversation. :yeshrug:

It will always be below according to who? If you're getting a much better warranty, better interior and an exterior that looks every bit as well, then why wouldn't it be in the same bracket? Because brand sheep are stuck on paying more for less?

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
dude I’ve live in Oklahoma and Texas for over a decade and a half. Yes I know a ton of woman with pick up trucks. It’s plenty of women with pick up trucks. Guess what it’s also women with sports cars. You just be young or something.

only older women I see with mini vans and crossovers…no one ever knocked me for having a genesis in fact I low key think people started getting them on post after I got mines.
Just because you see it doesn’t mean that’s the norm or that’s how it’s supposed to be

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It will always be below according to who? If you're getting a much better warranty, better interior and an exterior that looks every bit as well, then why wouldn't it be in the same bracket? Because brand sheep are stuck on paying more for less?
According to millions (if that even matters to you). According to the standard. Its not a better designed interior than BMW, Benz, Audi, Porsche. It doesnt have better materials than them either. Everything else is subjective and the numbers will tell you that most people agree with me. We dont even have to get into the brand recognition conversation because they arent fukking with them and its not even arguable. Their closest is Lexus and even Lexus has better design language.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
According to millions (if that even matters to you). According to the standard. Its not a better designed interior than BMW, Benz, Audi, Porsche. It doesnt have better materials than them either. Everything else is subjective and the numbers will tell you that most people agree with me. We dont even have to get into the brand recognition conversation because they arent fukking with them and its not even arguable. Their closest is Lexus and even Lexus has better design language.

It’s that akin to clothing designers charging more just because of name recognition not actual quality.

I’d personally take a genesis over some of those but that’s because I also chose a genesis over some of those so I’m already sold.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
According to millions (if that even matters to you). According to the standard. Its not a better designed interior than BMW, Benz, Audi, Porsche. It doesnt have better materials than them either. Everything else is subjective and the numbers will tell you that most people agree with me. We dont even have to get into the brand recognition conversation because they isnt fukking with them yet and its not even arguable. Their closest is Lexus and even Lexus has better design language.

What standard? And most of those so called 'millions' are brand snobs and will look down on something if it's not their precious german brand, so their opinion doesn't matter.

The interior of the GV80 is easily comparable to standard offerings out there
Genesis-GV80-Interior-Dashboard-.jpg

Considering Genesis as a brand has only been in US for a couple of years, of course established brands will have better total numbers than a new comer but the real number is to look at which way the sales are trending

Genesis sales in US more than quadruple in July led by GV80 popularity - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It’s that akin to clothing designers charging more just because of name recognition not actual quality.

I’d personally take a genesis over some of those but that’s because I also chose a genesis over some of those so I’m already sold.
Theres nothing wrong with taking a genesis over another car. Its a nice car.
The clothing analogy doesnt shake out because yes there are some luxury brands that make cheap shyt or have items that you really cant make with premium materials.
But some things, denim for example, brings higher quality with the higher price tag. I had plenty of Levi's. Wear them all the time. And Ive gone through so many pair of Levi's over the years
and my Diesel and Ralph Lauren denims I have are still 10yrs strong or more. Denim is one of the items where the premium is easily understood. (not all expensive brands have quality denim though)