brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Pegasus by PDM
I’ve also been hearing good things about Givenchy Gentlemen Privee

The Privee part lasts about 5 minutes before it becomes plain Gentlemen EDP.

Get the 5mL joint from Decant X to be sure.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
It still hits better than Dior Sausage tho Sausage, even the edt, is stronger
STeRjUC.png

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Need some new Cologne in my inventory.
I have Polo Blue, 1 Million and Sausage. Any suggestion?

If you're looking for an everyday, all season stuff.

I like Bleu De Chanel more than Sauvage, but you don't need to have both.
And another good one that's good all year - Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profondo. The whole Acqua Di Gio line is good and safe, but Profondo is my personal fave. Profondo has citrus notes and aquatic notes.

Cold weather?

Cheap joints - 20-50
  • Rasasi - Tobacco Blaze - It smells like smoking Raspberry Shisha with a little bit of leather. Lasts long to me.
  • Dolce and Gabbana - The One - It smells great, it just doesn't last long. Ginger, Cardamom, Amber, Tobacco, Cedar.
Average price - 75-125 dollar range (at the department store, most of these joints you can find online for cheaper)
  • Jean Paul Gaultier - Ultramale - Sweet scent (pear), projects, known to be a club monster. It might be a little sweet though. This a relatively new version of the OG that Snoop used to talk about. The bottle is divisive though.
  • Emporio Armani - Stronger with You - Smells like Chestnuts (pause). Sweet, good for dates and clubbing. They make like 6 flavors of this, and my personal favorite is Stronger with You Absolutely (Chestnuts, Rum). But they're all pretty good. I've got the OG, Freeze, Intensely, Absolutely, Leather, Oud. The one I don't have has something like grapefruit in it, and not the biggest fan.
  • Viktor and Rolf - SpiceBomb Extreme - comes in a glass grenade. You have to pull the pin to spray it. Has other flavors, but the Extreme is the most popular. It smells like a bakeshop/christmas. Think Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Clove. This is the one if you pushing through the mall, or hollaring at broads for cuffing season. This one has a few diff flavors. But Extreme is the most popular.
  • BVLGARI - Man in Black - It's a lot like SpiceBomb, but not as strong, and some floral notes. It's the Spicebomb I'd wear into the office, if I still went into the office.
150-300 range
  • Dior - Sauvage Elixir - Super strong, strictly for Live Men, not for Fresh Men. You will get noticed. You might even choke someone out. It doesn't smell much like Sauvage to my nose. It's one of the more popular joints right now though.
  • Parfums De Marly - Layton is like a better done Le Male. Instead of pear, it's got apple. Sweet, lasts long, projects. Very popular (among cologne people). You can buy this at Nordstrom, but this is one you should buy online for sure.
  • Tom Ford - Ombre Leather - It smells like a good new leather jacket. Maybe not for the office, but I rocks with it.
  • Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille - This is my favorite scent of all time. It's tobacco, vanilla, cacao, some spiciness, dried fruits, woods.. That said this is the one joint from Tom Ford that the clones are damn near perfect. So if you got a incense dude, he probably has this one. Otherwise you can find the body oils on Amazon for like 5-10 bucks.
  • Parfums De Marly - Herod - It's a spicy tobacco, much sharper than Tobacco Vanille. A different experience, but a really nice one.
  • By Kilian - Angel's Share - This is another killer - whisky, woody, sweet, spice.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Is Marley Layton that good?

Is it "that" good?

I wouldn't pay full retail $330. I usually see it on reddit/facebook for 150-165 missing a few sprays. I'd pay that amount for it. It's usually at discounter for 235. I might pay that.

I do like it a lot. #2 from the house for me. Most popular PDM out there.

Herod #1 is good - tobacco, spice
Oajan is good - cinnamon, honey
Habdan is good - Saffron, Apple, Caramel
Layton Exclusif - They add smoke and musk? to the original.

Not a fan of Pegasus (licorice/rootbeer) or Carlisle (some type of sweetness)

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
If you're looking for an everyday, all season stuff.

I like Bleu De Chanel more than Sauvage, but you don't need to have both.
And another good one that's good all year - Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profondo. The whole Acqua Di Gio line is good and safe, but Profondo is my personal fave. Profondo has citrus notes and aquatic notes.

Cold weather?

Cheap joints - 20-50
  • Rasasi - Tobacco Blaze - It smells like smoking Raspberry Shisha with a little bit of leather. Lasts long to me.
  • Dolce and Gabbana - The One - It smells great, it just doesn't last long. Ginger, Cardamom, Amber, Tobacco, Cedar.
Average price - 75-125 dollar range (at the department store, most of these joints you can find online for cheaper)
  • Jean Paul Gaultier - Ultramale - Sweet scent (pear), projects, known to be a club monster. It might be a little sweet though. This a relatively new version of the OG that Snoop used to talk about. The bottle is divisive though.
  • Emporio Armani - Stronger with You - Smells like Chestnuts (pause). Sweet, good for dates and clubbing. They make like 6 flavors of this, and my personal favorite is Stronger with You Absolutely (Chestnuts, Rum). But they're all pretty good. I've got the OG, Freeze, Intensely, Absolutely, Leather, Oud. The one I don't have has something like grapefruit in it, and not the biggest fan.
  • Viktor and Rolf - SpiceBomb Extreme - comes in a glass grenade. You have to pull the pin to spray it. Has other flavors, but the Extreme is the most popular. It smells like a bakeshop/christmas. Think Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Clove. This is the one if you pushing through the mall, or hollaring at broads for cuffing season. This one has a few diff flavors. But Extreme is the most popular.
  • BVLGARI - Man in Black - It's a lot like SpiceBomb, but not as strong, and some floral notes. It's the Spicebomb I'd wear into the office, if I still went into the office.
150-300 range
  • Dior - Sauvage Elixir - Super strong, strictly for Live Men, not for Fresh Men. You will get noticed. You might even choke someone out. It doesn't smell much like Sauvage to my nose. It's one of the more popular joints right now though.
  • Parfums De Marly - Layton is like a better done Le Male. Instead of pear, it's got apple. Sweet, lasts long, projects. Very popular (among cologne people). You can buy this at Nordstrom, but this is one you should buy online for sure.
  • Tom Ford - Ombre Leather - It smells like a good new leather jacket. Maybe not for the office, but I rocks with it.
  • Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille - This is my favorite scent of all time. It's tobacco, vanilla, cacao, some spiciness, dried fruits, woods.. That said this is the one joint from Tom Ford that the clones are damn near perfect. So if you got a incense dude, he probably has this one. Otherwise you can find the body oils on Amazon for like 5-10 bucks.
  • Parfums De Marly - Herod - It's a spicy tobacco, much sharper than Tobacco Vanille. A different experience, but a really nice one.
  • By Kilian - Angel's Share - This is another killer - whisky, woody, sweet, spice.
I cosign the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and the Killian Angel's Share.

Armani Stronger for You us cool, but imo doesn’t last long.

I gotta sample the Sauvage Elixer, I keep hearing nothing but really good things about it.