brehs lets talk cologne game

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just a heads up Boadicea The Victorious is now selling 10mL miniature bottles at a decent price. Better get them while you can if you are a fan of the house.
boadiciathevict10m-L.jpg

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
SOTM

UP850034671185_two.png

Got this sample after their website said it would be perfect for layering with Checkmate which is one of my favorite joints. I haven't tried layering it yet cuz I wanted to see what was up wit dis on its own 1st.

The opening is very tart & ripe which was a little surprising but I'm assuming that's because they prob used the blackberry *leaf* and not the fruit itself. But the apricot makes sure it's not too crazy. The orris might be playing a role here too on da earthy tip.

It gets pretty standard after that wit the usual floral to woody transitions. The popcorn 🍿 is an interesting touch on da bacc end tho & I'm not necessarily mad at it :patrice: .

Gonna live wit a bit tho, layer it like they said & see how it goes.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Just a heads up Boadicea The Victorious is now selling 10mL miniature bottles at a decent price. Better get them while you can if you are a fan of the house.
boadiciathevict10m-L.jpg

What's up wit this house? I see some conflicting reviews from people. U tried it? I see they got some 2ml & 10ml discovery sets.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What's up wit this house? I see some conflicting reviews from people. U tried it? I see they got some 2ml & 10ml discovery sets.

600-1,000 dollar bottles is the main reason for the attention.

I've got a FBO version of one of their joints - POWAFUL (c) Black Moon.

I don't reach for it often, because the scent profile is kinda blah.

That Equality breh on YT loves the hell out of em.

SOTD - Alghabra - Labryinth of Spices (I think @Remote put me on to this)

Distinctive and catchy, like a hit song that you don't like but can't get out of your head.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
600-1,000 dollar bottles is the main reason for the attention.

I've got a FBO version of one of their joints - POWAFUL (c) Black Moon.

I don't reach for it often, because the scent profile is kinda blah.

That Equality breh on YT loves the hell out of em.

SOTD - Alghabra - Labryinth of Spices (I think @Remote put me on to this)

Distinctive and catchy, like a hit song that you don't like but can't get out of your head.

600-1000 dollar bottles? Who TF they think they making fragrances for? Chelsea Clinton?!

mvxsgG.gif

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Everything I've tried from them has been quality. Scent Split of course I'm not grabbing a full bottle at retail. $500-1200 is ridiculous and just flat out goofy.

Valiant-leans a little feminine with the Ylang Ylang, Cherry Blossom orange and grapefruit. The dry down gets creamy and turns into a nice vanilla and sandalwood.
Bodacious-great cherry scent and is neck and neck with Mind Games-French Defense in the cherry department but IMO this does so much more than FD with the Cognac and tobacco.
Blue Sapphire- I think this is their greatest offering and scent profile. Nothing smells like this. Loved it so much I even grabbed Alexandria Fragrances (Dubai Lifestyle) and Dua's version. Haven't wore it in a while but be careful b/c it's nuclear. ACtually compared the two
Torero- Very unique grapefruit/pear opening and the mid you get a soft rose (not feminine) and dries down into an amber. Actually really like this one and need to wear it more.

Don't care for Aqua Sapphire and Green Sapphire.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I have a decant of Labyrinth of Spices.

I remember really liking it. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow now that it's cooling here in NY.

The flow I'm on though, with anything I would get a 2ml or 5ml sample. And if I like a fragrance I'd get another 5ml or 10 ml.

The days of full bottles are over for me, with some exceptions.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Angels' Share | Kilian

Took this out for a spin last night. Been wanting to try it for awhile now---just was having 2 much fun tryin' other shyt before I got to it, I guess.

In a way, I feel like this is Jazz Club's big bro who don't come around no mo cuz he on dat Drake wit da burettes in his hair ish but just ain't came out yet :dame: .

Shyt is smooth tho.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Damm the whole "maceration" shyt real as fukk.

I got this probably a year ago at Marshall's or some shyt.

I couldn't smell shyt.
I just assumed I was anosmic to the main notes.

I kept retrying it and would smell a lil bit more but not enough to make an opinion.
94ae1653-e8a1-46eb-b5e2-6aa7972c82fa__37675.1728350331.jpg

I sprayed this shyt today: :dead:

This smells like a straight 1995 aftershave.

I head the, "By Mennen" theme song from the old school aftershave commercial when I smelled it.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

I couldn't smell shyt.

I kept retrying it and would smell a lil bit more but not enough to make an opinion.

I head the, "By Mennen" theme song from the old school aftershave commercial when I smelled it.
:dead:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker

I couldn't smell shyt.

ill choose grey flannel over this...

atleast with grey flannel is playa vs smellin like carpet cleaner lol