brehs lets talk cologne game

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
The other day I wore Aeternum by Royal Crown.

Aquatic. Reminds me of the pool/beach. I don't think anyone really has this because of price. Insanely expensive ($500 for 100ml) and that's going to turn off everyone. I get it.
But I really like this a lot -- it's just my personal taste. I'd get this all the time in 5ml batches.

I wore this 2 days ago and the scent is still on my shirt. And that's been the case for a number of my fragrances, so whenever I read a review that says a fragrance doesn't last -- I don't pay that any attention whatsoever anymore. Maybe people's noses are different or whatever. To me it's like when someone says a beer or a drink isn't strong. Well, does it even have to be? Plus, it might not be strong for you but it's fine for someone else. There's so much subjectivity here.

Anyway, SOTD is Elysium.

What would you say is comparable to Royal Crown and how much better is Royal Crown in comparison?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What would you say is comparable to Royal Crown and how much better is Royal Crown in comparison?
I think Royal Crown is way too expensive.
I don't think I'd buy any of their fragrances except for 5 ml decants.

Quality is probably on par or better than Roja/Amouage.
In my opinion certainly better than Creed.

I think it's probably less about which house is better than which house you vibe with. Like Amouage makes some good shyt. I just don't like most of them. Or between Xerjoff and Nishane, I tend to lean Nishane.

But once you get into the $300+ price range on fragrances...probably none of it is "worth it".

We're talking about PlayStation 5 prices for fragrance. And most people will never comment on it. Most likely nobody on the street will even know these brands.

Like WIA20XX has famously said many times here: decants is the way to go. It allows you to experience a lot of quality and niche fragrances but without the burden of spending thousands of dollars.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I think Royal Crown is way too expensive.
I don't think I'd buy any of their fragrances except for 5 ml decants.

Quality is probably on par or better than Roja/Amouage.
In my opinion certainly better than Creed.

I think it's probably less about which house is better than which house you vibe with. Like Amouage makes some good shyt. I just don't like most of them. Or between Xerjoff and Nishane, I tend to lean Nishane.

But once you get into the $300+ price range on fragrances...probably none of it is "worth it".

We're talking about PlayStation 5 prices for fragrance. And most people will never comment on it. Most likely nobody on the street will even know these brands.

Like WIA20XX has famously said many times here: decants is the way to go. It allows you to experience a lot of quality and niche fragrances but without the burden of spending thousands of dollars.

No doubt. I can't justify dropping $500 on a fragrance to myself. $200-300 for only for something special. I like decants for blind buys. I get mad complaints from women and inquiries about the scent from brehs from @BronxBomber store.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Free stuff been on the decline
It's rare to even catch a sample, or a bottle on the counter these days.

I haven't seen the Bloomingdale one, but I'm signing up on their FB page now.
Sephora does a sampler - https://www.sephora.com/product/sephora-favorites-cologne-sampler-set-P510899

If you by the sampler, whatever you like you can get a "free bottle"

Your best bet, imo, is to go to website for Macy's/Dillard's/Nordstrom whoever - and look at their best sellers.

Then pick a few that look good, and then go buy them from decant sites.

If you're just looking for designers, best prices at www.decantx.com.

Get you some 2mls, so they're dumb cheap. If you like one, then buy the full bottle.

Okay, i will check out www.decantx.com.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Brands stay doing that bs. I always say if a scent you really enjoy, just buy a backup bottle if you are able too.
Yea its crazy. I have the original profumo and people kept telling just to get parfum, its the same. That's not the case at all. They stepped on the product 3 times already and got the nerve to charge these crazy prices.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea its crazy. I have the original profumo and people kept telling just to get parfum, its the same. That's not the case at all. They stepped on the product 3 times already and got the nerve to charge these crazy prices.
I do not know why these designer brands keep pulling that bs. This been one of my gripes since 2016. If it smells good leave it as is and quit discontinuing the stuff that actually smells good or reformulating and stop releasing all these bs flankers for money grabs and then they get discontinued too smh.