brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The other day I wore Aeternum by Royal Crown.

Aquatic. Reminds me of the pool/beach. I don't think anyone really has this because of price. Insanely expensive ($500 for 100ml) and that's going to turn off everyone. I get it.
But I really like this a lot -- it's just my personal taste. I'd get this all the time in 5ml batches.

I wore this 2 days ago and the scent is still on my shirt. And that's been the case for a number of my fragrances, so whenever I read a review that says a fragrance doesn't last -- I don't pay that any attention whatsoever anymore. Maybe people's noses are different or whatever. To me it's like when someone says a beer or a drink isn't strong. Well, does it even have to be? Plus, it might not be strong for you but it's fine for someone else. There's so much subjectivity here.

Anyway, SOTD is Elysium.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - YSL - LNDLH Bleu Electrique - SCRAPE IT OFF.

Probably my most hated hypebeast. Still have some of the decant left, and I wonder - was I wrong about this?

Hell nah.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SOTD - YSL - LNDLH Bleu Electrique - SCRAPE IT OFF.

Probably my most hated hypebeast. Still have some of the decant left, and I wonder - was I wrong about this?

Hell nah.
I have a friend who SWEARS this was the GOAT fragrance.
I never smelled it because it was already discontinued by the time I even heard of it, but I suspect it was pretty generic.

My bottle of YSL Y is mostly reserved for the gym now.
It's not that YSL makes bad fragrances. I just think if I ever do get another YSL, it'll be when I want something that's kinda simple, not offensive to get me through the day or a couple of hours.

I suppose La Nuit is a classic. I don't have it. Even so, if you're looking for a fragrance for a night out...there's probably other things you could wear that are a bit more elevated. That said, I'm an older guy with more disposable income. If I was younger and my situation was different or I didn't care to have a fragrance collection, La Nuit probably would cover a lot of bases.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I never smelled it because it was already discontinued by the time I even heard of it, but I suspect it was pretty generic.

Real rap - the overall sweetness + the lavender - all it's missing is the mint and it'd be Eros/Le Male.

It's not that YSL makes bad fragrances. I just think if I ever do get another YSL, it'll be when I want something that's kinda simple, not offensive to get me through the day or a couple of hours.

I suppose La Nuit is a classic. I don't have it. Even so, if you're looking for a fragrance for a night out...there's probably other things you could wear that are a bit more elevated. That said, I'm an older guy with more disposable income. If I was younger and my situation was different or I didn't care to have a fragrance collection, La Nuit probably would cover a lot of bases.

I've got Y EDP, this joint, Tuxedo, Y Parfum, and Myslf - all well regarded, but I think I only sorta like Myslf.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Paid advertisement ass shyt disguised as recommendations. :beli:

The Date Night Pick

Lumira--Cuban Tobacco Eau de Parfum

 Top Notes: Tangerine, cardamom, clove bud Middle Notes: Clean floral Base Notes: Mahogany, patchouli, musk

Layer_1.jpg

The Woody and Warm Pick
Ayond

Metamorph Eau de Parfum

Top Notes: Juniper, bergamot, clove bud Middle Notes: Armoise, clary sage, jasmine absolute Base Notes: Vetiver, balsam fir absolute

Layer_5.jpg

The C-Suite Pick

Layer_4.jpg

KRIGLER

America One 31 Eau de Parfum
$615

Top Notes: Mandarin Middle Notes: Vetiver, neroli Base Notes: Cedar, cumin, black pepper

-----------------------------------------------------

These 3 on the list and basically they paid for the list to be created and get put on there. To make the list seem legit GQ throw on the other typical hype beast fragrance houses like: Tom Ford, Creed, PDM, Bond No 9.
That Krigler brand on a lot of shill list. I never heard of this shyt. Over $600? :dead:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

It was nothing special, I smelled it when it first came out and nothing was memorable about it. Smelled similar to invictus with the lhomme dna added.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel that…on the dankier scents I wouldn’t dare go that heavy. I usually go about 6 sprays on most things. I wouldn’t dare do 10 with Naxos…

Im so close to pulling the trigger on l’mminsete but the 495 is hard to stomach. Especially after I dropped that on imagination.

[Maison Alhambra Jean Lowe Immortal Eau De Parfum Spray for Men, 3.4 Ounce Amazon.com]

I don't do dupes but not only does it smell just it, it lasts just as long, if not longer.

My wife bought me L'Immensite for our anniversary and I smelled this side by side and had to grab it.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Put the above on for SOTM today. My first impression was sweet like #34 for da Bears. But then the spices kicked in to warm dat shyt up a lil---dat nutmeg came in like da Dudley Boyz off da top rope. Dry down is on sum elegant ish, good for a date night wit da ole lady. Just wish the opening wasn't so sugary sweet on me. It's got me thinkin' ski lodge type ish or Chai Tea type ish. Ain't exactly overly gourmandy but it's in the ballpark at times.