brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got Clive Christian- Jump up and Kiss Me Hedonistic

YSL-La Nuit

On the way it’ll probably be delivered tomorrow

Anyone tried any of these is it appropriate for office setting?
Hedonistic smells so good I would wear it anywhere. But I would feel like I'm wasting it at a casual setting like an office.

That's just me.
Do whatever you want.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
This SOTM - Creed Viking got some pop to it when u first put that shyt on.

They must have been tryna prepare my G, Ragnar for battle wit this orange & lemon combo :gucci:

1+1ninetymilesh6Hhb1qd6639o4_250.gif

The rose in the middle is there i guess but the peppermint definitely gives it a slight crisp spice as it dwindles down. Shyt all of a sudden turn all creamy wit the (lavendar/sandalwood) dry-down
full

Overall, it's interesting. I got to say, out of all of the Creed joints I've tried so far, it's:

1a. Millesime Imperial
1b. Original Santal
2. Aventus
3. Viking

Could change over timed tho

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They must have been tryna prepare my G, Ragnar for battle wit this orange & lemon combo :gucci:

The rose in the middle is there i guess but the peppermint definitely gives it a slight crisp spice as it dwindles down. Shyt all of a sudden turn all creamy wit the (lavendar/sandalwood) dry-down
full

Overall, it's interesting. I got to say, out of all of the Creed joints I've tried so far, it's:

1a. Millesime Imperial
1b. Original Santal
2. Aventus
3. Viking

It's sad how Aventus became a victim of its own success.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It's sad how Aventus became a victim of its own success.

Expound breh 👀

Edit: Do u mean how people rate it low simply b/c it's popular now? If so, its just my honest opinion. I had no dog in the race trying all of em for the first time in the past 2 months lol. And u saw me just in here giving props to a super popular joint like Sauvage Dior so Ion even care what's on the masses minds or not. It's still good, I just have the others above it on sum personal taste ish.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Expound breh 👀
Well, Creed Aventus was a sensation when it came out. It smelled so good and nothing was really like it at the time.

It spawned so many copycats that now Aventus is either frowned upon or draws outright yawns from people in the fragrance community. It was so good and so popular that it has now shifted to being "overrated".

It doesn't help that Creed's prices are ridiculous.
But I think if people are judging Aventus objectively, on its own, it's actually one of the best fragrances of the last 30 years. Certainly one of the most impactful in terms of the overall market.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Penhaligons - Halfeti Cedar

9610606116894.png

Off rip - The Brits must like cedar, cause this is nice like Burberry Hero EDP.

A spicy cedar, something for the fall/winter for sure.
  • Peach up top (though I would not have guessed that on smelling it) - apparently Rum
  • Mid - "Mineral accord" (and cinnamon)
  • Base - Cedar (Patchouli, Vanilla, Tonka)
You can read the notes here.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m still wear Creed on my job and women ask what I’m wearing. A lot of dudes not paying that much for cologne. It’s popular to guys who wear cologne but remember not every guy wear cologne and some just not breaking bread for it. I got some Clive Christian and YSL arriving soon.

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB

full

1a. Millesime Imperial
1b. Original Santal
2. Aventus
3. Viking

In terms of pure scent, Millesime Imperial is definitely my favorite. It just doesn’t have much staying power. I started my fragrance journey with SJ Unforgivable and it’s pretty similar

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Well, Creed Aventus was a sensation when it came out. It smelled so good and nothing was really like it at the time.

It spawned so many copycats that now Aventus is either frowned upon or draws outright yawns from people in the fragrance community. It was so good and so popular that it has now shifted to being "overrated".

It doesn't help that Creed's prices are ridiculous.
But I think if people are judging Aventus objectively, on its own, it's actually one of the best fragrances of the last 30 years. Certainly one of the most impactful in terms of the overall market.

Well, like I said in my edited post, it's just my opinion on the Creed's I've personally tried over the past couple of months. I wasn't even really that in tune wit Creed when it was popularized or whatever, hence me just now trying it. I just like the others one better honestly. I do be seeing mfs who purposely rate it low tho just cuz "everyone likes it" and act as if it needs to be knocked off it's pedestal. I still think it's a dope ass fragrance tho.

I’m still wear Creed on my job and women ask what I’m wearing. A lot of dudes not paying that much for cologne. It’s popular to guys who wear cologne but remember not every guy wear cologne and some just not breaking bread for it. I got some Clive Christian and YSL arriving soon.

Cologne and shyt as a whole is niche fr taken out of the context of "big olfactory companies" and luxury brands. We talk about it all the time' a lot of mfs barely even wear anything other than body wash and deodorant so even just going to go grab you some Goodfellow Juniper & Sandalwood from Target will make you stand out fr. That's why, more oft than not, u doing it for u more than anything. The compliments or heaux u pullin' is just a byproduct.

In terms of pure scent, Millesime Imperial is definitely my favorite. It just doesn’t have much staying power. I started my fragrance journey with SJ Unforgivable and it’s pretty similar

Maybe it's my skin, or the batch that I had, but the decant I had a month or so ago was on me and my clothes damn near most of the day. Make sure you drinkin' that water & moisturizing Big Pharaoh.. You know Mrs Pharaoh and her split personalities Cleopatra & em need a good Ph balance but so do your cologne :ufdup:

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
Well, like I said in my edited post, it's just my opinion on the Creed's I've personally tried over the past couple of months. I wasn't even really that in tune wit Creed when it was popularized or whatever, hence me just now trying it. I just like the others one better honestly. I do be seeing mfs who purposely rate it low tho just cuz "everyone likes it" and act as if it needs to be knocked off it's pedestal. I still think it's a dope ass fragrance tho.

Cologne and shyt as a whole is niche fr taken out of the context of "big olfactory companies" and luxury brands. We talk about it all the time' a lot of mfs barely even wear anything other than body wash and deodorant so even just going to go grab you some Goodfellow Juniper & Sandalwood from Target will make you stand out fr. That's why, more oft than not, u doing it for u more than anything. The compliments or heaux u pullin' is just a byproduct.

Maybe it's my skin, or the batch that I had, but the decant I had a month or so ago was on me and my clothes damn near most of the day. Make sure you drinkin' that water & moisturizing Big Pharaoh.. You know Mrs Pharaoh and her split personalities Cleopatra & em need a good Ph balance but so do your cologne :ufdup:
No doubt…I personally have never rocked it I’m just going off what people say about it. Maybe I need to cop a decant and give it a shot.

All this talk about Aventus reminded me that I didn’t rock LV this weekend. I actually went with Nishane Hacivat and the night was cool….that pineapple was hitting something serious. :wow:I got a compliment and all.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
SOTD-Amouage-Beach Hut Man

I get it now. This shyt is great and perfect for spring. I must admit the name annoyed the hell out of me b/c it doesn't smell anything like a beach. This is a straight up green spicy/mint bomb.