brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love....love.... GnTonic - it smells....like Gin and Tonic. I'm likely to buy a larger decant or a 50 ml bottle if they sell one. I couldn't recommend it at full retail but I probably can't recommend anything at full retail. This stuff is good. Is it possible for something to smell sparkly or bubbly? It's not even sweet, it's fresh....but not in a soapy kind of way. They must have blended this thing really well because I can't really even detect all the notes they put on fragrantica. But I'm a noob. Damn, this shyt smells like I'm drinking by the pool, but like...a pretty classy fukkin pool in a classy fukkin resort.

Imagination, by LV -- Maybe a hair below GnTonic for me. I really like this and I can see myself wearing it on a warm summer day (although maybe not a blazing 95 degree day). I vaguely can smell some citrus. Whether it's the citron or orange, I don't know. Full bottle? Absolutely never. If there's a 10 ml decant for like $50 or so? Maybe, yeah. I could see that, because I do really like it and I wouldn't wear it every day.

Nio by Xerjoff -- for me, a clear 3rd between these three. This is a great scent. And I do like it more than Naxos. And like Naxos, I enjoy it the longer it stays on my skin. Wouldn't get a full bottle. The citrus opening is a bit strong for me, but it's not a criticism on the fragrance, it's more that I'm new and not really used to how powerful some of these higher end scents can be in the opening. So I have to decide if I want to pay a lot of money for a good cologne that I might have to "tolerate" for a while? shyt, as I'm typing this I keep smelling it and it just grows on me more and more. -- Edit - I didn't realize Nio was relatively affordable, if you get a 50ml bottle and find it at discounters. So actually I think I might one day get that.

You can't really hate on any of these. But that's just how I'd rank them personally 1-3.
All of these are like...well over $200 for a full bottle. At the very least though, I'd say decants are 100% worth it on all 3.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Osaito by M. Micallef -- Smells cold. This is a summer scent and it has marine/ocean notes with grapefruit. Unique, I think. Pleasant, but not something that I would love to smell all day. I have a decant but the full bottle is gray and that's how this makes me feel. Gray. Cloudy day. Meh.

Terre d'Hermes Eau Givree -- I'm not even sure I can tell the difference between this and the OG Terre d'Hermes. I guess they just took the orange out of it. There's no grapefruit note in here but I think it's the Juniper that kinda gives it a crispness. More pleasant to me than Osaito. I don't think it's something I'd go out of my way to buy. But I'll give it a full wear once the weather heats up.

PDM Layton SEDLEY - I mean there's not much to say here. It's good. Smells like a safe option if you want to get away from the designer stuff but don't want to take a big risk in the summer. I get this lavender scent after the opening which I enjoy more than the opening itself. If I found it for cheap, I'd consider it. But I love GnTonic and Imagination more so if this is expensive, I'd just pay a bit more for the other 2.

Edit - It's apparently harder than you think to wash out that Terre d'Hermes. How much fukkin soap is it going to take? :gucci:

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Terre d'Hermes Eau Givree -- I'm not even sure I can tell the difference between this and the OG Terre d'Hermes. I guess they just took the orange out of it. There's no grapefruit note in here but I think it's the Juniper that kinda gives it a crispness. More pleasant to me than Osaito. I don't think it's something I'd go out of my way to buy. But I'll give it a full wear once the weather heats up.

Edit - It's apparently harder than you think to wash out that Terre d'Hermes. How much fukkin soap is it going to take? :gucci:

Killing it with the reviews!

Y'all got me wanting to checking M. Micallef.

And LOL @ the Hermes. Folks always talmbout Spring/Summer fragrances don't perform...

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I love....love.... GnTonic - it smells....like Gin and Tonic. I'm likely to buy a larger decant or a 50 ml bottle if they sell one. I couldn't recommend it at full retail but I probably can't recommend anything at full retail. This stuff is good. Is it possible for something to smell sparkly or bubbly? It's not even sweet, it's fresh....but not in a soapy kind of way. They must have blended this thing really well because I can't really even detect all the notes they put on fragrantica. But I'm a noob. Damn, this shyt smells like I'm drinking by the pool, but like...a pretty classy fukkin pool in a classy fukkin resort.

Imagination, by LV -- Maybe a hair below GnTonic for me. I really like this and I can see myself wearing it on a warm summer day (although maybe not a blazing 95 degree day). I vaguely can smell some citrus. Whether it's the citron or orange, I don't know. Full bottle? Absolutely never. If there's a 10 ml decant for like $50 or so? Maybe, yeah. I could see that, because I do really like it and I wouldn't wear it every day.

Nio by Xerjoff -- for me, a clear 3rd between these three. This is a great scent. And I do like it more than Naxos. And like Naxos, I enjoy it the longer it stays on my skin. Wouldn't get a full bottle. The citrus opening is a bit strong for me, but it's not a criticism on the fragrance, it's more that I'm new and not really used to how powerful some of these higher end scents can be in the opening. So I have to decide if I want to pay a lot of money for a good cologne that I might have to "tolerate" for a while? shyt, as I'm typing this I keep smelling it and it just grows on me more and more. -- Edit - I didn't realize Nio was relatively affordable, if you get a 50ml bottle and find it at discounters. So actually I think I might one day get that.

You can't really hate on any of these. But that's just how I'd rank them personally 1-3.
All of these are like...well over $200 for a full bottle. At the very least though, I'd say decants are 100% worth it on all 3.
The Xerjoff you have, is that in a turquoise looking bottle with a good top?

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Xerjoff you gave, is that in a turquoise looking bottle with a good top?
So Xerjoff Nio looks like it has a gold cap.
All of these bottles I have are samples so they all come in a little spray thing. Sort of like this:

1ml-Plastic-Vial.jpg

But the actual full bottle of Xerjoff Nio looks like this:

XerjoffNio.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You guys will have to excuse me for being a bit reckless today. It's probably a bad idea to spray a decant, wash it out, spray another one, wash it out...
I really should be doing one or two a day. But I'm just excited to sample these. And obviously, you get a better impression when you do a full wear over the course of a day.

L'Humaniste by Frapin - It's been described as a pleasant, but not strong scent. I don't get much of the cardamom here personally. I think it's mostly lemon, bergamot and gin. This is something that I'd wear to the office. Casual. Non-threatening. Fresh. It's subtle. It would make a nice daily driver but I would find it a lot more attractive if it was below $100.

Gentle Fluidity Silver by MFK - Feels similar to L'Humaniste as far as how I'd wear it. But this is obviously elevated. I love how it has this powdery note without being feminine. It's got this really nice vanilla that I like. That might not interest you guys if you think vanilla is being overdone in fragrances these days. It's not a loud or shining scent...probably why it's called silver. Definitely sample first given the cost. This is something I can see myself buying. But I'm not in a rush to do so.

L'Envol by Cartier (EDP version) -- Surprisingly pretty good considering I did not like the Pasha flankers I smelled at the mall yesterday. I'm probably going to buy this at some point. Could be a daily wear but I think it's a little unique for me. I'd probably go with something safer like Prada L'Homme. That's just my own taste. You get this really nice honey scent that's not overly sweet. I don't think it's as powdery as Gentle Fluidity but there is some of that. There's lavender and iris in the notes and that's probably what's giving it a softness. If you look at Fragrantica the votes say it's almost exclusively masculine...and it is. But it's not like old man musky masculine to me. Like...women probably won't ever wear this...but I think it COULD be unisex.

Desirtoxic by M. Micallef - Way better than the Osaito I smelled earlier. Maybe I'm just a sucker for cardamom but this is sexy. Apparently it has a cannabis note in here but I can't detect it. I'm having difficulty describing it. There's a woodiness to it, but is that the cinnamon or the oak moss? Not sure. I'm guessing the sweetness is a bit from the tonka bean.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Desirtoxic by M. Micallef - Way better than the Osaito I smelled earlier. Maybe I'm just a sucker for cardamom but this is sexy. Apparently it has a cannabis note in here but I can't detect it. I'm having difficulty describing it. There's a woodiness to it, but is that the cinnamon or the oak moss? Not sure. I'm guessing the sweetness is a bit from the tonka bean.

Have you received Papilefiko yet? It's been a while since I sampled Desirtoxic but I vaguely remember the two having a similar feel, perhaps from the cardamom

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you received Papilefiko yet? It's been a while since I sampled Desirtoxic but I vaguely remember the two having a similar feel, perhaps from the cardamom
Yes.
I just sprayed a lot of fragrance today and I'm probably a bit overloaded.

I sprayed it on some paper and it's nice. I just have to take it in a bit more.

That's what she said.

:snoop:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Papilefiko by Nishane - I actually like this. I like it in the air. If I press my nose against the skin, I get a mild irritation from like...a pine tree or something. Lots of cardamom and citrus. But it's not like a loud projecting citrus to me. Not like Terre D'Hermes where orange or lemon might be announcing itself. I get like...a hard candy citrus. That sounds weird. Probably more fall and spring than summer. I think I'd wear this early evening or at night. But lightly. I wouldn't want it to choke out the room. Not sure if recommend it as someone's 1st Nishane purchase. Worth a sample.