brehs lets talk cologne game

CoCKy GeNiuS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@BronxBomber where you been at Breh? Haven't seen you in here in awhile.

But anyways I wanna vent about two wholesale purchases I made with FBO FragrantzBodyOilz. I've been holding back on giving this review but everytime I test a new scent from one of my wholesale purchases I get angrier at the fall off of this product.

What are you guys cutting the fragrance oils with that makes it difficult to roll on your skin? Why is the fragrances much less potent than two years ago? Why when I roll the fragrances on my skin there is no real oil just some water based looking substance that dries in seconds? I know this to be a fact because I still have roll ons that I purchased from you guys prior to this recent purchase. My old roll ons are actually oily, also have more 5x more performance and sillage. Some of the names don't even smell the same or have the same color as they previously did (for the worst).

Oh and the price of wholesale orders DOUBLED while the quality seems to have DOUBLE FELL OFF. Also I was told there was no promo codes to offer for my $500 Christmas holiday order. Which I didn't mind because I thought I was getting that pure juice that y'all used to carry.

Beating valued customers for $500 isn't good business.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
just tried Savauge Elixer, it's not for me. I was gonna get that and the Invictus Platinum

Now I'm just getting the Invictus Platinum, smelled it already and loved it

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I love Tobacco Vanille. It's expensive but it's so good, in my opinion.
I've been cycling between that, Stronger With You Absolutely and Jazz Club for the past few days. None of those fragrances are niche or under the radar. But I don't get tired of them at all.

I would just say that the list of fragrances you posted above should all be available at Macys or some local mall. So if you can, just commute to the stores and sample it there for free. That way you don't have to spend money on the decants.

The decants are super helpful for niche things or stuff that sells out quickly that you want to sample.
Maybe Bloomingdales or Nordstrom will have some higher end things you can sample, but you know what I mean.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Are the outlet spots any good?

I know we have an actual fragrance outlet near me but I ain't veer been. But as far as the shopping outlets near me, they be having like the Macy's, Sephora & JC Penny's that be having the samples on deck all under one roof (or outside sometimes)

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Angkor Night Blend Oud

Angkor Night was launched in 2019. Top notes are Lavender and Red Fruits; middle notes are Juniper Berries, White Rose and Geranium; base notes are Tonka Bean, Cedar, Amber, Agarwood (Oud), Labdanum, Vanilla and Hinoki Wood.

I like this, it smells like lavender, woods and to my nose, citrus. Even tho citric notes aren't listed, it smells like it.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any opinions on Royal Oud?
I haven't smelled Creed Royal Oud but I might order a decant in a week or two.
It's one of their most popular fragrances after Aventus. Probably underrated to some degree.

Sorry I couldn't give you any reviews on it but I just wanted to bring attention to your comment in case someone else has it.

From what I've read, Royal Oud is a pretty classy scent. Something you might wear to a big meeting or when you're dressed up a little. It doesn't sound like a "hanging out at the bar" scent. Well, unless you're at an upscale place, I guess.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, then I guess I feel less guilty over all these decants I ordered this week.
At least now I'll be ready for those sales

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Roja fragrances are pricey. I get that.

But $28 for a 2ml decant of Harrods seems outrageous.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
@WIA20XX

I bet I would actually like Cherry Smoke cause I end up liking shyt reviews hate.

TL/DR - One of my biggest disappointments of 2022.

The decant was asking something crazy.
So I copped a version from Bronx Bomber.
The FBO version was cool, but not "Hey, Hey, Hey" (c) Fat Albert.

It was interesting enough to find out if the decant is better.
I waited like 6 months
Finally caught one of the 20% of sales, and copped it from Perfuum.

So even with the coupon it was like $40 for 5 mls. Low key, I've tried/own 85% of whatever gets commonly recommended, so for me to try new things, I got pay new prices. I'm looking at that Tobacco Honey from Guerlain and just biding my time.

Finally got Cherry Smoke...and It's so meh.

I don't need a fragrance to be transcendent.

I do want it to smell like it's supposed to smell. Like smoking some pork ribs with cherry wood, or literally putting some cherries on the grill. But not like Cherry Tobacco.

The smoke part isn't that smoky, or that prominent. And the cherry fades like a mug. And little if any projection and longevity.

I don't like beast mode fragrances anymore - but I do want some truth in advertising.

Such a let down.

Cherry Scents I own, ranked.
  1. Banana Republic - Dark Cherry & Amber
    1. Projects like a mug
    2. lasts all day - I gotta scrub this off.
    3. if you've got a gourmet nose, this ain't for you. If you like cherry flavored candy, like I do, this is the one.
  2. #2 for actually smelling like cherry - both are "hipster" brands, or more associated with females.
    1. BTSO - Indecent Cherry
    2. Bohoboco - Wet Cherry Liquor Parfum
  3. Guerlain - L'Homme Ideal - all these are more almond than cherry. I like the Extreme and Intense more than the EDP by far. Guess what I have a full bottle of though...
    1. EDP
    2. L'Homme Ideal Extreme
    3. L'Homme Ideal L'Intense Eau de Parfum
  4. TF Lost Cherry Clones
    1. Astray Fruit 1947 (Lost Cherry) - Perfume Parlour - it's okay
    2. Lovely Cherie - best clone of TF. Lower prices, better performance.
  5. Aaron Terrence Hughes - Raw Cherry - this is an oud fragrance. You can't convince me otherwise.
  6. Cherry Oud Clone from FBO - sent as a freebie, not for me. Like Raw Cherry, more "oud" than cherry. Which is probably what the Guerlain smells like.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Banana Republic - Dark Cherry & Amber
  1. Projects like a mug
Damm I was avoiding this cause I seen TPG say he hated it multiple times!:ohhh:

I need to try that!

I think I will pick Wet Cherry Liquor in my next Scentbird subscription. I loved Red Wine Brown Sugar and it seems like everybody hated that in reviews.

Cherry Smoke must really be wack cause I only heard 1 YT reviewer say he liked it and Fragrantica.com shyts on it.