brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Damm I was avoiding this cause I seen TPG say he hated it multiple times!:ohhh:

I need to try that!

I think I will pick Wet Cherry Liquor in my next Scentbird subscription. I loved Red Wine Brown Sugar and it seems like everybody hated that in reviews.

Cherry Smoke must really be wack cause I only heard 1 YT reviewer say he liked it and Fragrantica.com shyts on it.

TPG doesn't like it at all, but it's a fan favorite for sure.

In theory you can get it at Burlington Coat Factory for cheap. I've seen ever BR fragrance but this one.

I think he likes Room 1015 Cherry Punk/Cherry Punk Extrait. I'm actually good with the Lovely Cherie clone when it comes to the cherry note, so I don't see myself trying to grab another one.

I'll get redundant when it comes to Tobacco, but everything else, I only need one.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

“A refreshing, citrus-based creation for invigorating virtues on the body and the mind. A contemporary twisted-grapefruit associated with fruity notes and vetiver to uplift energy. Citrusy notes meet the elegance and power of a woody trail for refined and contrasting freshness.
The brightness of grapefruit, contrasted by refined woody notes. Perseus captivates the senses with a unique brightness. The invigorating top notes of grapefruit and bergamot unveil a refined heart of vetiver, and base notes of ambergris and dry woods.”

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Well, then I guess I feel less guilty over all these decants I ordered this week.
At least now I'll be ready for those sales

Now wait a min...

Unframed.png

I need to see a list of what all u got comin in lol

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now wait a min...

Unframed.png

I need to see a list of what all u got comin in lol
I posted the main list earlier but I added a few others. So to summarize:

Imagination by Louis Vuitton
Nio by Xerjoff
Renaissance by Xerjoff
GnTonic by Micallef
Osaito by Micallef
Desirtoxic by Micallef
L'Humaniste by Frapin
Papilefiko by Nishane
Gentle Fluidity Silver by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
L'Envol by Cartier
Terre d'Hermes Eau Givree by Terre d'Hermes
Sedley by Parfums de Marly

I'm not really looking at winter scents right now. I'm more curious in finding Spring and Summer scents. Things a bit on the fresher side, a bit different from the usual suspects -- although I think most of the list above is recognizable to a lot of coli posters.

There are probably 4 Goldfield & Banks fragrances I want to try in the future (Bohemian Lime, Pacific Rock Moss, Purple Suede, and Island Lush).
I have my eye on Creed Viking, Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water and Royal Oud -- I'm just not in a rush for those. They're somewhat classics.

I think they said Oligarch by Roja was discontinued and repackaged as Isola Blu, so I'll try to sample that soon.
And I think JPG Scandal is popular but I don't hear a lot about Scandal by Roja Parfums, so that's one I'm looking at too.

I still can't decide on which Guerlain I want from the Ideal line, and I'm probably going to have to buy like 4 decants of that line at 1 time and I'm procrastinating on doing that. I know I like the regular EDT, but it's possible I fall in love with the entire line...and then I'm gonna be screwed because that's gonna be a tough decision.

Once I get these out of my system, I'll shift my attention to some of the more warm, spicy, darker scents for fall and winter.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So of course I said I'm not into winter stuff now but I'm not gonna lie, that Tabac Nomade by Houbigant looks intriguing.

Bergamot, Rose, Tobacco, Vanilla, Saffron, Tonka Bean...

:lupe:

Daps
I haven't smelled Creed Royal Oud but I might order a decant in a week or two.
It's one of their most popular fragrances after Aventus. Probably underrated to some degree.

Sorry I couldn't give you any reviews on it but I just wanted to bring attention to your comment in case someone else has it.

From what I've read, Royal Oud is a pretty classy scent. Something you might wear to a big meeting or when you're dressed up a little. It doesn't sound like a "hanging out at the bar" scent. Well, unless you're at an upscale place, I guess.
I actually ended up copping. It’s a luxury fragrance and I’d agree not really versatile like Aventus.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I'm in the office today and it's quiet so I went to Macy's on 34th.

I probably saved myself $100 in decants by sampling stuff for free this morning.

I'll try to be brief...

None of the Creeds impressed me. Millesime Imperial, Viking, Silver Mountain Water, Original Santal. The only one I vaguely liked was Original Vetiver. But it came off simple or linear to my nose. I have decants of Green Irish Tweed and Virgin Island Water at home. I don't necessarily LOVE them but if I ever wanted to wear Creed, I'd just re-up on decants of those.

Cartier might have lovely scents. I have a decant coming of L'Envol. But I wasn't in love with any of the Pasha or Declaration variants I smelled in store.

Tom Ford has a new fragrance, Oud Minerale. Honestly. Nothing special. It's cheaper than the Private Blend stuff. But it smells cheaper too. It's aquatic but it lacks punch. It might smell like the ocean, just not the Caribbean ocean. shyt might be what you'd smell off the coast of Oregon or something.

On the other hand, I about fell in LOVE with Ebene Fume. That's some grown man shyt. I came back to it like 4 times. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it because I don't have the kind of lifestyle or clothing to wear it with. I just can't picture how I'd use it. I could have sworn it had a tobacco note but it doesn't. I guess it was the smoke. It's a very unique scent. At least to me. Younger guys won't like it, I don't think. But I nearly bought it.

In the end I got a 30ml of Tobacco Vanille because my decant will get used up in a few weeks and well...fukk it. I was already at Macy's. Why not?

The only thing I slapped myself for was that I think they had Gucci Guilty Elixir there. And I didn't remember to check it out until I got back into the office.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
On the other hand, I about fell in LOVE with Ebene Fume. That's some grown man shyt. I came back to it like 4 times. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it because I don't have the kind of lifestyle or clothing to wear it with. I just can't picture how I'd use it.

Last great recommendation from Kevin Samuels. 5 mls is 5 years worth.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Got my January ScentBird subscription a few days ago:

This brand I never heard of before.

Fragrance Composition:

• Top Notes: Berries, Peppercorn
  • Middle Notes: Raspberry, Wood
  • Base Notes: Violet, Floral Fresh

Fragrance Composition:

• Top Notes: Cotton candy, Golden Caramelized Apple. Delicate Green Notes
  • Middle Notes: Floral, Vanilla, Rose
  • Base Notes: Patchouli, Musk, Cedar

Never heard of this brand just picked them based off the notes!
With both fragrances, I can barely smell shyt!:dead:
This shyt definitely a scam ass brand. This shyt like water and alcohol with a splash of a scented oil.

If I had bought a full bottle I would be pissed!