brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I take it back about Justin Copeland.
He's probably my favorite fragrance youtuber right now.

Not because I agree with his fragrance recommendations. I don't think there's a lot of overlap in his tastes and my own.
I've watched a lot more of his videos over the past 3 days and he's made me think harder about why I should buy a certain fragrance. It does seem like the majority of the fragrance community is buying and recommending things based on what they think a scent can do for them, or what compliments or reactions it might elicit from others. And that's probably a flawed way to go about it. He apparently "quit" youtube a few years ago after being burned out and realizing he was going about things the wrong way. It does need to be more about your own personal enjoyment and not ticking certain boxes or following the crowd.

I do still think he got one goofy ass PAWG and his haircut is weird. You ever seen the movie The Program with Halle Berry and Omar Epps?
He looks like Halle Berry's boyfriend.
This guy in the tan shirt next to Lattimer at the 0:15 second mark:

:flabbynsick:

Last edited:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
about to get my final bottle cologne in a few days for my rotation

then when late Spring/early summer hits I'm copping a few more bottles

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
What fragrances are hot right now?

don't go for what's hot, goes with what smells good on you breh

here's some personal recommendations

Burberry Touch
1 Million Elixer
and Versace Blue Jeans...it doesn't cost that much and is great for cold weather
oh and Sauvage Elixer for cold weather
so yeah breh try those my guy

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Got sum decants on the way...

MYSLF
Most Wanted Azzaro
TF Vanille
Born in Roma
Gentleman Society
Cherry Smoke by TF

All things I've thought about doing a blind buy for and have had to resist the urge lol or that I've saw talked about in here or elsewhere.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps

MYSLF
Most Wanted Azzaro
TF Vanille
Born in Roma
Gentleman Society
Cherry Smoke by TF

All things I've thought about doing a blind buy for and have had to resist the urge lol or that I've saw talked about in here or elsewhere.

Most Wanted Azzaro is the truth
u won't be disappointed breh

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

MYSLF
Most Wanted Azzaro
TF Vanille
Born in Roma
Gentleman Society
Cherry Smoke by TF

I love Tobacco Vanille. It's expensive but it's so good, in my opinion.
I've been cycling between that, Stronger With You Absolutely and Jazz Club for the past few days. None of those fragrances are niche or under the radar. But I don't get tired of them at all.

I would just say that the list of fragrances you posted above should all be available at Macys or some local mall. So if you can, just commute to the stores and sample it there for free. That way you don't have to spend money on the decants.

The decants are super helpful for niche things or stuff that sells out quickly that you want to sample.
Maybe Bloomingdales or Nordstrom will have some higher end things you can sample, but you know what I mean.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Most Wanted Azzaro is the truth
u won't be disappointed breh

I hope so

Been wanting to try it for awhile! Heard some people complaining about a medicinal smell ok the open but I guess we'll see.

I love Tobacco Vanille. It's expensive but it's so good, in my opinion.
I've been cycling between that, Stronger With You Absolutely and Jazz Club for the past few days. None of those fragrances are niche or under the radar. But I don't get tired of them at all.

I would just say that the list of fragrances you posted above should all be available at Macys or some local mall. So if you can, just commute to the stores and sample it there for free. That way you don't have to spend money on the decants.

The decants are super helpful for niche things or stuff that sells out quickly that you want to sample.
Maybe Bloomingdales or Nordstrom will have some higher end things you can sample, but you know what I mean.

I had a Stronger With You decant in my cart too then I realized I was finna go overboard 🤣. You right tho. I prob could just pull up on an outlet real quick or something :ehh: .

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
You own Althair? Always wanted an Acqua di Gio but don’t know which one.

Yes, I own both.

Althair - it's hot, which is what was requested.

I don't love it. I think it's fine. But I'm probably jaded. Smells like pumpkin spices/fall. And there are A LOT of fragrances that do that already. It's not particular powerful, long lasting, or memorable. If you've got Spicebomb Extreme or Burberry London, I wouldn't go out of my way to get it, much less full price retail. Always cop the sample.

ADG
  • The OG is still good, but I'm :flabbynsick: set!
  • I like the EDP and I might cop a full bottle when my 5mls is up.
  • The Parfum version is a weaker version of Profumo (the one with incense). I don't like it personally, but it was hot for a good minute last year.
  • Profondo - I have FB of that, and it's probably my go to summer scent. They're supposed to re-release it.
  • Absolu - I've only put my nose on this a few times. I keep meaning to get a sample, but I sort of don't care about it that much to have it.
On a different tip, F. Malle's "Heaven Can Wait" might be the next Santal33/BR 540 - The West Village set might hype it to high heaven, we'll see. They loved the hell out of Diptyque's L'eau Papier. (which has a rice note) L'Eau Papier - Eau de Toilette 100ml | Diptyque Paris

I've got Born to Stand Out's Dirty Rice - and that's enough rice smelling cologne for me.

If you don't already have Angel's Share, the Lattafa version is super popular. Probably top 10 clone from last year. I can't say from personal experience if they're close.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Parfum Intense?

I actually have it, it just says Azarro Most Wanted, I tossed the box in the bushes, somebody else in this thread might know, but I just got the regular bottle

I'm sure once you get your sample, but just hit up Macy's or something and smell it, and you will see why it's been mentioned in this thread do much my nicca
:salute: