brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've ordered from Max Aroma before, everything was kosher.

All these folks with "cheap" bottles are buying them from department stores and specialty shops that can't sell them at full price. (And can't put them on sale) Aka the grey market.

Chanel protects their brand, so it's very rare to see them show up discounted. Everyone else? All day.

If you stay in the game long enough, you'll see white boxes straight from the factory. They are testers and a lot come with the cap. A smart manufacturer will create multiple lines and multiple avenues for essentially the same product.

All of fragrance is smoke and mirrors. All of luxury to be honest, and most of commerce if we're gonna take it there.
Did it take a long time for you to become more selective with your fragrance purchases? You're on record here as saying you probably are going to sell a lot of your bottles. Not that you have fragrances that you don't like. I suspect all of them are pleasant. But I'm sure you only reach for a fraction of them.

Essentially I'm asking if you were caught up into this trap of collecting for the sake of having a collection, versus collecting fragrances because you genuinely adore them and enjoy how they make you feel.

Because I feel like a switch goes off in a person's mind when they get a fragrance that's a "wow" moment, and then you look at other scents you have in a different light.

To be fair I think this would apply to any collection: shoes, wristwatches, and so on.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I've ordered from Max Aroma before, everything was kosher.

All these folks with "cheap" bottles are buying them from department stores and specialty shops that can't sell them at full price. (And can't put them on sale) Aka the grey market.

Chanel protects their brand, so it's very rare to see them show up discounted. Everyone else? All day.

If you stay in the game long enough, you'll see white boxes straight from the factory. They are testers and a lot come with the cap. A smart manufacturer will create multiple lines and multiple avenues for essentially the same product.

All of fragrance is smoke and mirrors. All of luxury to be honest, and most of commerce if we're gonna take it there.

Copped. :blessed:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
any of my cologne Coli brehs also use body spray?

if I'm not going anywhere for a day I use body spray instead of cologne

I use Axe Body Spray called Dark Temptation

and as far as the Axe body spray, yes I'm Black, lol

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Speaking of MaxAroma

I ordered Mancera Aoud Exclusif and Hindu Kush
And
Blend Oud Angkor Night

I Never ordered from them before but I seen more positive information regarding them than Jomoshop.

I aint fukking with Jomoshop at all. They site even janky. They will have a listing for the same fragrance in the same size and it will be priced at a $60 difference for 1.

Then shyt will say it wont ship for 2 weeks.

Nah fukk that.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Did it take a long time for you to become more selective with your fragrance purchases?

At first it was all great. I used to love YSL Y and PR One Million Lucky.
But the more things I checked out, the less impressed I became.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This Black owned fragrance brand just showed up on my feed. Have any of you brehs tried their colognes?

Never heard of them.

On the notes, it's a pass for me.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Never heard of them.

On the notes, it's a pass for me.

The notes definitely don't sound like anything that would stand out, but I always try to support and/or promote Black-owned brands. I might buy a bottle just to put on the shelf or use as a room spray.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
These the last 3 Zara joints I got:

*ZARA TENDER AMBER EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML (3.38 FL. OZ). SPECIAL EDITION.

“Feel the sweetness and refinement of a cozy, amber hug.” Created by Gaël Montero.
An amber-based fragrance enveloped with touches of rose and tuberose. The notes of sweet exotic fruits together with sparks of blackcurrant transform it into a fresh and juicy fragrance.

=This smells like a strong rose and a lil fruit. I like this. Especially for the price I got it.

*ZARA NOSTALGIA BLUE EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML (3.38 FL. OZ). SPECIAL EDITION.

“A nostalgic reflection of your personality, your way of being in the world.” Created by Illias Ermenidis.
The spicy elegance of cardamom and saffron herald the aromatic, clean, and delicate notes of geranium. The warm notes of ambrox and black vanilla, heightened by a leather signature, give it a mysterious wake.

=I like this a lot. I don't get anything "blue" about it. Definitely smells clean and smooth.

*ZARA NIGHT POUR HOMME // II SPORT EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML (5.07 FL. OZ). SPECIAL EDITION.

= This smells mad strong typical 90s style summer scent. This some shyt I would never wear without layering with something I like more.

Oriental eau de parfum. Fragrance pyramid includes notes of bergamot, lavender and cedar. A fresh, sporty, and cozy fragrance.

(Saw a review saying this is a clone or close to Invictus Aqua Paco Rabanne)
I never smelled that tho.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This just came out, already on discount sites
Born in Roma - Green Stravaganza

notes

SMH

Clear sign it might get discontinued REAL QUICK.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This just came out, already on discount sites
Born in Roma - Green Stravaganza

notes

SMH

Clear sign it might get discontinued REAL QUICK.
Fougere scents seem to get rejected by the average consumer. Or no?