brehs lets talk cologne game

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
Dude, Silver Mountain Water is a good cologne.

I'm just saying if you didn't like it, you would not have a hard time selling it.

Creed is over hyped to some degree. But I feel like things have swung too far and now there are people acting like it's trash.

The things you like, other people won't.
And things other people like, you won't like.

You watch enough fragrance videos on YouTube and social media and you find that people tend to like all sorts of things. And over time their tastes change (which is natural) or they get so deep that they develop an air of superiority toward fragrances that are more mainstream or accessible (which is corny).

The best thing about this fragrance stuff to me is when people speak honestly about things even if a certain scent is not for them personally.
I really like the scent on me, some of the other Creeds didn’t love. All of them smelled like good quality if that makes sense.
yikes-michael-scott.gif

If it's not a major purchase for you cool but it doesn't last long enough for me to justify that price. You into clone houses? If so you could've gotten a few that last much longer at a cheaper price within 90-95% exact smell.
Agree the hang time is disappointing for a scent that I like so much. The price is what it is for me. Havent fw clones, any suggestions for this one?
Fam if I spend 400 on a cologne lol it better fukking lasts for several days. Montale tops out at 180 depending where you buy it and EVERY one of them I have last for an entire day of labor as well as days after removing the clothes. I’ve had some even remain present after a wash and dry.

I’m saying, knowing the price of the line, if you blind bought that and it didn’t last long that you should return it not resell.

It could be even worse you spent that on it knowing that it doesn’t last lol

Not knocking you in any way though so don’t get offended.
Nah I’m not easily offended and appreciate the info. It takes me a while to find the right scent, used Vilhem Perfumerie Smoke Show for years and wanted a change. Didnt realize this would last only a few hours. Put me on fam, what’s a good alternative that smells similar to this?

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
I really like the scent on me, some of the other Creeds didn’t love. All of them smelled like good quality if that makes sense.

Agree the hang time is disappointing for a scent that I like so much. The price is what it is for me. Havent fw clones, any suggestions for this one?

Nah I’m not easily offended and appreciate the info. It takes me a while to find the right scent, used Vilhem Perfumerie Smoke Show for years and wanted a change. Didnt realize this would last only a few hours. Put me on fam, what’s a good alternative that smells similar to this?
I'll say this bruh, the most I'd pay comfortably was 130 untilI bought Arabians Tonka in March as I was looking for something new/different than anything I had before and it has proved to be worth it.

I mostly wear oils, but I have paid for Armani Code Profumo (My shyt!) Burberry Hero was decent but I can't even remember the scent honestly...

Earlier this year and as I mentioned in here, I bought Night Vision Spicebomb but took it back because I didn't like the performance…but the last few months I have been wanting to buy it again as I loved the scent. I wish I would've kept it. Haven't bought it yet because I haven't been anywhere to smell it again before I buy it lol

So I say that to say this…maybe you dont love it today but you could definitely love it in a few months and it could even perform better for you.

If you like something its better to hold onto it and work with it, see how you can make it work for you. Try stuff out…try layering…

I love fragrance in general and for me it is about performance. So if it smells good I'm buying…if it sucks on performance I'm not keeping it 9/10. Thats just me.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Samples came in. Definitely gonna need a full bottle of that Versace Oud Noir :ehh:

On 2nd thought, I'm good. Used it til there wasn't a drop left and it just continued to leave me disappointed as time went on---mainly due to the longevity and because I feel like I can find something else similar where it's all just executed a little better. Prob a great introductory joint but I have way too many solid citrus and/or spicy joints to bring a large bottle of it into the fold.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Idk if folks are in big cities or near shopping centers, but I can’t stress this enough, go into the stores and sample what you can. I was in Bloomingdale's a few months back, tried Baccarat 540 and wasn’t impressed. I would’ve been pissed off if I blind bought that for the price they wanted.

On the positive side, while on that same sample trip, I found a few fragrances that I'm definitely going to get at some point when the price is right.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
On 2nd thought, I'm good. Used it til there wasn't a drop left and it just continued to leave me disappointed as time went on---mainly due to the longevity and because I feel like I can find something else similar where it's all just executed a little better. Prob a great introductory joint but I have way too many solid citrus and/or spicy joints to bring a large bottle of it into the fold.
Go grab that Azzaro Most wanted Night or whatever it is lmaooo man I bought that but it’s too rich for me, returned it 😂😂😂

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
I'll say this bruh, the most I'd pay comfortably was 130 untilI bought Arabians Tonka in March as I was looking for something new/different than anything I had before and it has proved to be worth it.

I mostly wear oils, but I have paid for Armani Code Profumo (My shyt!) Burberry Hero was decent but I can't even remember the scent honestly...

Earlier this year and as I mentioned in here, I bought Night Vision Spicebomb but took it back because I didn't like the performance…but the last few months I have been wanting to buy it again as I loved the scent. I wish I would've kept it. Haven't bought it yet because I haven't been anywhere to smell it again before I buy it lol

So I say that to say this…maybe you dont love it today but you could definitely love it in a few months and it could even perform better for you.

If you like something its better to hold onto it and work with it, see how you can make it work for you. Try stuff out…try layering…

I love fragrance in general and for me it is about performance. So if it smells good I'm buying…if it sucks on performance I'm not keeping it 9/10. Thats just me.
Aiight bet going to look for the armani code profumo and night vision spice bomb. No lie I miss the discontinued Polo Big Pony 3, had the smoky spicy notes these seem to have. Appreciate the breakdown :salute:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Aiight bet going to look for the armani code profumo and night vision spice bomb. No lie I miss the discontinued Polo Big Pony 3, had the smoky spicy notes these seem to have. Appreciate the breakdown :salute:
Oh lol I wasn’t saying go buy em 😂😂😂 you’ll be lucky to find the brown cap profumo in a store, Armani been doing different versions that just don’t compare the last few years.

Spicebombs should be around but go check out Jomashop before anything else and always try out these brands that offer sample boxes.

Montale has $25 sample boxes of five 2mL sprays. You pick the ones you want. They last me months and months.

• Dap
Reactions: P90

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City

I brought Burberry Hero last summer as a impulse buy at a duty free. Smells great but the longevity isn't that great. I ended up giving it to my dad because I had other scents that smelled similar but with better longevity.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Need some new winter scent recommendations someone drop some
YSL has fantastic ones. La nuit de L'homme is a classic winter smell and a big compliment getter. I wore it a lot in 2018 and gave it to one of my boys as i was trying to narrow down my collection (i had over 50 colognes).

Be warned though, it only last like 5 hours on your skin so if u want a 8+ hour performance, spray it on your clothes. shyt will last for days