brehs lets talk cologne game

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I be trying to give them YT reviewers a chance! :mjlol:

The overwhelming majority so fukking extra and don't know wtf they even talking about!

Mafukkas so extra, instead of just being normal they use words they can't pronounce or know the definition of!

Mafukkas don't even give a good scent description:

They just spend 5 mins going: "Man, they knocked it out the park with this one! Whew mannnnnnnn! This a bad one right here man! Listen let me tell you....this 1 right here, awww man!"

nikka get to actual scent information gah dammm!
Only dude i fukked with before was Cubaknow. He got me into niche houses that are sometimes better than the expensive originals. Now i dunno if he does sponsors or not but his channel a few years back had gems. And he broke down everything.

Rest of them muthafukkas are bought and sold by them companies...

If u go look at jeremy fragrance now, he's like a coke head saying the same shyt while being shirtless :dead:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I feel some type of way about a lot of them.

There's a whole sub-reddit devoted to trashing them.

Man them mafukkas ridiculous! It's 1 white dude that review noting but super cheap ass fragrances and this mafukka be complaining about the cap on the bottle being plastic! :dead:

bytch you paid $15

I don't want to hear you rant about how the packaging isn't spectacular and the cap plastic!

Just tell me what it smells like to you and if it has longevity.

-It's a nikka who be sounding like a pure bama and take like 15 mins just going: "Golly man................Whew..........Man, let me tell you.............. Man, etc"

For every fragrance

nikka be acting like a $20 clone from TjMaxx got him befuddled like he smelling a mystical angels clit sweat!:pacspit:

I try to support and subscribe but I cant support that clown ass shyt
Mafukkas be spraying shyt then reaching out and snatching the scent like a gay dude making a point and dancing and shyt over a gawt damm fragrance!:pacspit:

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
As of today, 4,210 fragrances came out. - Perfumes of the Year 2023 - Overview

414 for men - Perfumes of the Year 2023 - Overview
927 for women
The rest unisex

Out of the male fragrances, I've put my nose on 11 out of 414. I stop recognizing individual colognes around page 7, and companies by page 11.
Out of the unisex, 12 out of 2869.

There's so much out there.

But we hear about the same 50-100 from all of the fragrance reviewers combined. And a lot of those lists are best sellers from previous years.

So they're working in a universe of say 10 years, so call it 40,000 and we mostly hear about the top 300, but let's say 1,000 to be generous.

There's a lot of room for indie/niche brands to grow in this market.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As of today, 4,210 fragrances came out. - Perfumes of the Year 2023 - Overview

414 for men - Perfumes of the Year 2023 - Overview
927 for women
The rest unisex

Out of the male fragrances, I've put my nose on 11 out of 414. I stop recognizing individual colognes around page 7, and companies by page 11.
Out of the unisex, 12 out of 2869.

There's so much out there.

But we hear about the same 50-100 from all of the fragrance reviewers combined. And a lot of those lists are best sellers from previous years.

So they're working in a universe of say 10 years, so call it 40,000 and we mostly hear about the top 300, but let's say 1,000 to be generous.

There's a lot of room for indie/niche brands to grow in this market.
Good stuff.
Brand recognition is a big thing though. There's a certain trust and reliability that comes with that.

How do you get someone to branch out and try a fragrance house they've never heard of, when that house has a tiny footprint in the fragrance world...and for that matter...the internet?

I'll speak for myself here...
Dude, you couldn't get me to buy a ketchup that isn't Heinz. There's just no fukkin way. :heh:
So for me to try the 400th male fragrance that dropped in 2023...that's gonna be a bit of a hard sell, especially if I can't find a decant for it and there are no reviews.

I suppose the easy answer is....no risk, no reward. That's fair. I'm just saying it's not easy.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
How do you get someone to branch out and try a fragrance house they've never heard of, when that house has a tiny footprint in the fragrance world...and for that matter...the internet?

These YT'ers just need to talk about it.

I've bought so MANY DECANTS just mentioned by folks here and on YT and on reddit. Folks mention stuff in passing, and I go check it out.

We don't need another video about Aventus Absolu or Althair.

We get those vidoes because, the people behind Creed and PDM send out bottles and have influencer teams.
And smaller reviewers beg for bottles.

The bigger reviewers..
A lot of the "discount codes" are actually affiliate codes and the folks get kickbacks from MaxAroma and JomaShop and Fragrance Buy CA, or whoever.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These YT'ers just need to talk about it.

I've bought so MANY DECANTS just mentioned by folks her and on YT and on reddit. Folks mention stuff in passing, and I go check it out.

We don't need another video about Aventus Absolu or Althair.

We get those vidoes because, the people behind Creed and PDM send out bottles and have influencer teams.
And smaller reviewers beg for bottles.

The bigger reviewers..
A lot of the "discount codes" are actually affiliate codes and the folks get kickbacks from MaxAroma and JomaShop and Fragrance Buy CA, or whoever.
That's a good point.
When you have time, let me know if you come across some good youtube accounts.

I follow one or two, and then the algorithm recommends others but I ignore them because in my mind the youtube algorithm doesn't promote good content...just creators who pander to certain metrics.

I subbed to like 2 fragrance communities on reddit and that lasted for about 2 weeks. A whole bunch of bullshyt "rate my collection". Dude, go fukk yourself.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I subbed to like 2 fragrance communities on reddit and that lasted for about 2 weeks. A whole bunch of bullshyt "rate my collection". Dude, go fukk yourself.

r/colognes is all 1) rate my collection, 2) how old am I, 3) what should I get next, 4) is this real?

r/fragrance doesn't have any of those posts, instead it's

What fragrance is over rated (Aventus)
What is under rated (Aventus)
What did you use to love, now hate (Aventus)
What do you hate, but used to love (Aventus)
What bottles look bad?
What bottles look rad?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
r/colognes is all 1) rate my collection, 2) how old am I, 3) what should I get next, 4) is this real?

r/fragrance doesn't have any of those posts, instead it's

What fragrance is over rated (Aventus)
What is under rated (Aventus)
What did you use to love, now hate (Aventus)
What do you hate, but used to love (Aventus)
What bottles look bad?
What bottles look rad?
The accuracy

:mjlol:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Done tested out Asad and..... :francis:

Considering the hype, I'm disappointed.
I never smelled Sauvage Elixir.
I never was a fan of the EDP so, I can't be mad.

Asad smells like a pepper bomb with faint pineapple.
I don't really smell anything else.