brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I like Born In Roma over the regular Uomo. Its pretty much a year around frag IMO and a pleasant smell.

I grabbed a few frags over the past week or so and this Argos is almost a dead ringer for Red Tobacco but not as harsh in the opening and comes across way smoother and tolerable. Packaging is top notch and came with a travel refillable atomizer and a sample of Love Triumphs Over War and Pour Homme. WOrth the money IMO.
bacchusbox.jpg

bacchusbox2.jpg

bacchus.jpg

Grabbed another one I heard about by Lattafa called Radio. The packaging on this was amazing and the 3d printing of the radio on the front is raised. I usually don't keep the boxes for these but I'm keeping both boxes. It's a clone of Initio's Paragon and is about 95% there.

lattafaradio.jpg
What does that Argos smell like to you?

I seen that Vintage Radio on Fragrancenet cause I was looking thru all the Lattafa fragrances they had!

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
It's overrated imo. I tried it a few times over the past couple weeks.

I'm not hating on Red Tobacco, but when I finally got my hands on it - this smells like some strong cough medicine.

I've grown to "appreciate" it, but my 5 mls is enough for a lifetime.

There are certain things I keep in the collection for reference purposes (Silver Mountain Water for example), and Red Tobacco is one of them.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Bowtie really liked Lafayette Street.

I don't say this lightly, but I thought it was trash.

Much like Ralph Lauren/Polo, I have zero interest in the house.
I don't think their trash but nothing special at all IMO. I prefer Scent of Peace and Nomad actually. I have Dubai Citrine and don't even wear it.
New York Night-Too sweet smelling for me but it gives off a toffee/banana bread vibe. SHould perform better for the price.
FiDi- a Spicier Sauvage that performs poorly.

The house is just not that good IMO.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Was in Coach picking up sum shyt for the missus and tried some of their samples out. Nothing really stuck out but this Open Road shyt that wasn't too bad. Looked up some reviews & some were saying it's similar to D&G King or TH Impact which might be better versions.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Was in Coach picking up sum shyt for the missus and tried some of their samples out. Nothing really stuck out but this Open Road shyt that wasn't too bad. Looked up some reviews & some were saying it's similar to D&G King or TH Impact which might be better versions.

Same perfumer as Aventus and Spicebomb Extreme, D&G Luminous Night, Born in Roma Coral

Wouldn't be surprised if it was low key dope.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I don't know anything about Bond No 9.
But I'm seeing ads for them because one of my friends follows their account and I guess I am getting more fragrance ads overall.

Is that even a house worth exploring?
yep...

not only is the cologne dope...n the unisex perfume is off the chart...it literally smells different on a woman vs u..

the candles are better n u can wear the candle :russ:

when this old woman at saks told me that shyt i died... n she took the wall street candle.. n rubbed it on my wrist...shyt lasted all damn day

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has Fragrancenet always had Sean John "Unforgivable" for $35 or did this get lowered because of his recent drama?

:skip:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I'm wiped out from Christmas shopping, but I'm getting Invictus Platinum in January, then I'm gonna chill till late Spring/early Summer before I get anymore cologne because I have a nice lil rotation

not gonna lie though that Savauge Elixer smells great too, but I gotta stay disciplined, lol