brehs lets talk cologne game

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Really?

I don't feel like it's an old man scent.

But there's many other scents I do put in that category.
I wouldn't call it an old man scent, but it's definitely a throwback joint. It sits on my shelf right next to my Clinique Happy & Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme. Those fragrances aren't for brunch, but they're perfect for the Tom Joyner Cruise or EssenceFest.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't call it an old man scent, but it's definitely a throwback joint. It sits on my shelf right next to my Clinique Happy & Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme. Those fragrances aren't for brunch, but they're perfect for the Tom Joyner Cruise or EssenceFest.
Interesting. To me, that category belongs to stuff like Cool Water or Joop and 90s Ralph Lauren colognes

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The concept of even layering or mixing colognes is stupid to me.

It's like being hungry and ordering pizza and Chinese food. Dude. Either you want pizza or you want pork fried rice. What kind of weirdo are you to eat them at the same time?

You're paying all this money for a fragrance that does a specific thing. And now you're trying to make your own scent profile as if you're some amateur Frankenstein-like perfumer. At that point you might as well not even layer colognes and learn how to mix your own oils/chemicals.

I know this comes off as ignorant. I just feel like mixing shyt ruins the whole point of why I bought a certain fragrance in the first place.

But I get it.
Some of you fukkin weirdos go to Burger King and put 6 different sodas in the same cup.

The world has its monsters.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Got this over the weekend:

FRAGRANCE 1:

BRAND NAME: LABORATORIO OLFATTIVO
FRAGRANCE NAME: VANAGLORIA
PERFUMER NAME: DOMINIQUE ROPION
STYLE: SMOKY GOURMAND
YEAR OF FRAGRANCE RELEASE: 2021
YEAR BRAND WAS FOUNDED: 2010

Top: Saffron E.O. Pineapple Accords
Heart: Olibanum Resinoid, Olibanum E.O. Tonka Beans Absolute
Base: Vanilla Bean Extract C02, Musk
--------------------------------------------------

FRAGRANCE 2:

BRAND NAME: MANOS GERAKINIS
FRAGRANCE NAME: MEΘEXIS (pronounced METHEXIS)
PERFUMER NAME: CHRIS MAURICE
STYLE: GOURMAND
YEAR OF FRAGRANCE RELEASE: 2022
YEAR BRAND WAS FOUNDED: 2014

Top: FIG, BLACK CURRANT, DRIED FRUITS
Heart: HONEY, COCOA, CINNAMON, VANILLA
Base: AMBER, BENZOIN, MUSK*, CEDARWOOD, VETIVER
--------------------------------------------------

FRAGRANCE 3:

BRAND NAME: ZERNELL Gillie (Black Owned brand)
FRAGRANCE NAME: Disco
PERFUMER NAME: N/A
STYLE: Aromatic Amber
YEAR OF FRAGRANCE RELEASE: 2022
YEAR BRAND WAS FOUNDED: 2021

Top: Bergamot, Violet, Jasmin, Grapefruit
Heart: Saffron, Lavender, Tea, Tobacco
Base: Amber, Myrrh, Patchouli, Cedar
----------------------------------------

*So far MEΘEXIS is my favorite, then DISCO, with VANAGLORIA 3rd.

Disco definitely a Summer/Spring joint.

MEΘEXIS has that pronounced fig that I like.

VANAGLORIA fire too with the vanilla and resin scent!

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
The concept of even layering or mixing colognes is stupid to me.

It's like being hungry and ordering pizza and Chinese food. Dude. Either you want pizza or you want pork fried rice. What kind of weirdo are you to eat them at the same time?

You're paying all this money for a fragrance that does a specific thing. And now you're trying to make your own scent profile as if you're some amateur Frankenstein-like perfumer. At that point you might as well not even layer colognes and learn how to mix your own oils/chemicals.

I know this comes off as ignorant. I just feel like mixing shyt ruins the whole point of why I bought a certain fragrance in the first place.

But I get it.
Some of you fukkin weirdos go to Burger King and put 6 different sodas in the same cup.

The world has its monsters.
You sound like an amateur and someone that doesn’t consider the woman.

To me, because when I layer or utilize two fragrances at once I am spraying one higher than the other.

Below my waist I might go with something sweet, something intense perhaps while my chest will be modest but enticing and comforting.

So up top does the work and below the belt is a surprise. I get kisses below my waist when we getting busy then I get head she will smell something delectable. Then once we in missionary or laying up after and she got her head on my chest she just smelling something that make her wanna stay put :laff: it’s a science for real!

If I’m doing oils I might do one roll on the right chest or pit and then have something that compliments it on the opposing side in same areas…I operate with women in mind when layering because that’s who is eating me up.

If I’m at work i might layer an oil with a spray. Nothing overpowering though.
Just depends on the feeling.

You gotta know what you doing.

Your entire statement makes no sense because one scent is made up of multiple scents as is so you already layering technically.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sound like an amateur and someone that doesn’t consider the woman.

To me, because when I layer or utilize two fragrances at once I am spraying one higher than the other.

Below my waist I might go with something sweet, something intense perhaps while my chest will be modest but enticing and comforting.

So up top does the work and below the belt is a surprise. I get kisses below my waist when we getting busy then I get head she will smell something delectable. Then once we in missionary or laying up after and she got her head on my chest she just smelling something that make her wanna stay put :laff: it’s a science for real!

If I’m doing oils I might do one roll on the right chest or pit and then have something that compliments it on the opposing side in same areas…I operate with women in mind when layering because that’s who is eating me up.

If I’m at work i might layer an oil with a spray. Nothing overpowering though.
Just depends on the feeling.

You gotta know what you doing.

Your entire statement makes no sense because one scent is made up of multiple scents as is so you already layering technically.
You're a monster and you should say a thousand Hail Marys to repent.