brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I don't buy that shyt about Creed Absolu being that popular or good.
I think a lot of people just bought it to flex because it's expensive.

How do you feel about Aventus?

If you're in my camp, and don't believe that the OG deserves the hype, then I can't see the Absolu version deserving hype either.

But there are only 200+ reviews on Parfumo. It's easy to skew those #'s, imo

Fragantica might be a better gauge of the "community" https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Creed/Absolu-Aventus-84112.html

I'd say the "way overpriced" metric is a good barometer for how people feel about Absolu

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do you feel about Aventus?

If you're in my camp, and don't believe that the OG deserves the hype, then I can't see the Absolu version deserving hype either.

But there are only 200+ reviews on Parfumo. It's easy to skew those #'s, imo

Fragantica might be a better gauge of the "community" https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Creed/Absolu-Aventus-84112.html

I'd say the "way overpriced" metric is a good barometer for how people feel about Absolu
I don't get the big deal about Aventus. But I always feel the need to be a bit defensive and reiterate that I don't think Aventus is a bad scent. It's a fine scent.
But I didn't smell it and think "Damn, I need to get a bottle of this".

The 1st time I smelled Aventus, I had ordered a sample of Aventus and Green Irish Tweed, and I preferred GIT, even if it's not as versatile.
If Aventus was priced like a designer fragrance...sub $200... I'd say ....yeah ok. It's a good buy.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I should've gotten the Abercrombie Woods on black Friday. It sold out online in a couple of days. And they only bring it back like once per year.

It's such It's the only Abercrombie cologne worth buying.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do want to find a really great summer fragrance now. Pretty much the only thing I have that could be labeled specifically "summer" is Versace Man Eau Fraiche. And I'm pretty sure I got that at a TJ Maxx, years ago. It's okay. But I'm looking for something more elevated and not so youthful.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I do want to find a really great summer fragrance now. Pretty much the only thing I have that could be labeled specifically "summer" is Versace Man Eau Fraiche. And I'm pretty sure I got that at a TJ Maxx, years ago. It's okay. But I'm looking for something more elevated and not so youthful.
Isola Blu
Sedley
Burlington 1819
Nio
At The Barbers (I’m really starting to get into Fougere’s)

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lol everywhere I look online, people are whining that everybody is wearing Baccarat Rouge 540.

Yeah I don't think that's true. Rouge 540 is way too fukkin expensive for it to be so common that "everyone is wearing it". It's just some goofy shyt people say to justify hating on it or justify moving away from it.

They probably think if they smell 3 people wearing it, that equals everyone.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
got a small decant of Followed by Kerosene, based on some posts in this thread. This shyt is NUCLEAR. One spray is damn near too much. It's a bit sweet for me to be lasting so long, but it'll get some use this winter.
the cat who created the house is from metro Detroit. im definitely going to check some local shops and get my nose on his products

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Past 7 Days
  • Tobacco Flirting with Vanilla - name sounds good, Cuba liked it - meh. I was expecting a tobacco scent with a hint of vanilla, but it's just low grade sweetness.
  • Terre d'Hermes Pure Perfume - this is a stronger version of the EDT - more orange rind, less "flint". I'd go with the OG all day.
  • At the Barber's - Barbershop joint, like a spicy soap. Very nice.
  • Vanilla in Bourbon - I really like this. Got 2 5ml's instead of one on accident.
  • Tabac Dore - Extrait de Parfum - Wet/Green Tobacco + Red Tobacco. I have some others that are both green and red, so I'll keep testing here.
  • The One - Luminous Night - It's just fine. I always reach for this when I see someone raving about it online. It's cool, but not hype worthy imo. It does smell different though. Middle Eastern sweets for sure.
  • Vi et Armis - artisanal cologne - like a smoky birch + oud, some tobacco - but all the "wrong" parts of those notes. Pretty challenging, up there with T.Rex and Rhinoceros from Zoologist.
  • Ingenious Ginger - Hypebeast this year - meh. Ginger is not as good L'Immensite
  • Fathom V - Citrus and Juniper - Reminds me of Acqua Di Parma fragrances.
  • Rich Warm Addictive - a sweet tobacco-ish scent, good all day, which is surprising. It lingers like BR540 can linger.
  • Rake & Ruin - Again with tobacco and oud, but the oud might be castoreum. (yuck). It starts out different, but then gets herbal/piney. Will have to keep testing.
  • Cacao Porcenala - Chocolate right off the bat, but there's something funky off the bat as well. Chocolate lasts all of 25 minutes, then it's that powdery sweetness. I think, the fact that the fragrance evolves is cool, but the end game is pretty boring.
Only thing on my radar is SWY Tobacco. I wouldn't mind smelling the new Tom Ford's (Vanilla Sex and Vanille Fatale (re-release)), but at that price point, I'm not thinking about copping TF anytime soon.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Past 7 Days
  • Tobacco Flirting with Vanilla - name sounds good, Cuba liked it - meh. I was expecting a tobacco scent with a hint of vanilla, but it's just low grade sweetness.
  • Terre d'Hermes Pure Perfume - this is a stronger version of the EDT - more orange rind, less "flint". I'd go with the OG all day.
  • At the Barber's - Barbershop joint, like a spicy soap. Very nice.
  • Vanilla in Bourbon - I really like this. Got 2 5ml's instead of one on accident.
  • Tabac Dore - Extrait de Parfum - Wet/Green Tobacco + Red Tobacco. I have some others that are both green and red, so I'll keep testing here.
  • The One - Luminous Night - It's just fine. I always reach for this when I see someone raving about it online. It's cool, but not hype worthy imo. It does smell different though. Middle Eastern sweets for sure.
  • Vi et Armis - artisanal cologne - like a smoky birch + oud, some tobacco - but all the "wrong" parts of those notes. Pretty challenging, up there with T.Rex and Rhinoceros from Zoologist.
  • Ingenious Ginger - Hypebeast this year - meh. Ginger is not as good L'Immensite
  • Fathom V - Citrus and Juniper - Reminds me of Acqua Di Parma fragrances.
  • Rich Warm Addictive - a sweet tobacco-ish scent, good all day, which is surprising. It lingers like BR540 can linger.
  • Rake & Ruin - Again with tobacco and oud, but the oud might be castoreum. (yuck). It starts out different, but then gets herbal/piney. Will have to keep testing.
  • Cacao Porcenala - Chocolate right off the bat, but there's something funky off the bat as well. Chocolate lasts all of 25 minutes, then it's that powdery sweetness. I think, the fact that the fragrance evolves is cool, but the end game is pretty boring.
Only thing on my radar is SWY Tobacco. I wouldn't mind smelling the new Tom Ford's (Vanilla Sex and Vanille Fatale (re-release)), but at that price point, I'm not thinking about copping TF anytime soon.
Oddly enough I recently got a decant of Terre d'Hermes Pure Parfum and thought it was really good. Lasted all day but yeah, the orange dominates. I've never smelled the OG though.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Saw this on Amazon for $18

I seen reviews saying it was a fire ass African Leather clone!

:wow:

It is too

A slight less brown liquor scent that I get from AL

But close

shyt last and projects

I didn't even expect this to actually ship and just took a chance!