brehs lets talk cologne game

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
So I was just browsing.

Has Tobacco Vanille always been this expensive?

I thought for sure it could be gotten close to $100 (give or take $30) from discounters. Even a 50ml is over $200.

Even among Tom Fords that one is high.
I bought the travel size a while back. That's your best bet if your looking to save money, depending on how many bottles you own.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Here's what they said in 2007 when it launched.

165 for 50 ml in 2007 is 244.84 today.

So it's probably cheaper than NOW than it was back in the day.

If you listen to cats, it was probably much stronger then than it is today...
I just grabbed Charuto Vanille and saved a few bucks.
charutovanille.jpg

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
My blind buys just got here

Amber Oud Bleu: Smells like every BDC clone ever. It'll be an OK summer scent I guess

YSL Y: This smells the exact same as La Nuit to me :gucci:which means that it smells basic to me but every woman I meet will probably love it
I'm going to get the Amber Oud Gold edition I heard that was fire.
I didn't even know there was a Bleu edition!

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I placed a Scent Split order on Black Friday.
I still haven't received it.

If you live in the northeast, you might as well just ignore Scent Split altogether. They're horrific.
If you live down south, I guess you'll get your stuff in a day.

Placed mines on Black Friday and got it this past Monday and I'm in the Midwest :manny:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to get the Amber Oud Gold edition I heard that was fire.
I didn't even know there was a Bleu edition!
Currently I have the Gold and Tobacco editions.
Tobacco: One of my favorites. Smells almost exactly like TF Tobacco Vanille.
Gold: I know this one is extremely popular and people love it, but it just doesn't work for me. A little too 'sweet'. I know almost everyone else loves it and for the price it's probably worth a try.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I placed a Scent Split order on Black Friday.
I still haven't received it.

If you live in the northeast, you might as well just ignore Scent Split altogether. They're horrific.
If you live down south, I guess you'll get your stuff in a day.
You might be right. Scent Split is weird. It seems like they have deals in place with shops here in Houston or a location down here. Sometimes my orders ship the same day and it always gets here in 1-2 days max.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Currently I have the Gold and Tobacco editions.
Tobacco: One of my favorites. Smells almost exactly like TF Tobacco Vanille.
Gold: I know this one is extremely popular and people love it, but it just doesn't work for me. A little too 'sweet'. I know almost everyone else loves it and for the price it's probably worth a try.
I want both of these!

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I decided to pass on Stronger With You Absolutely when @WIA20XX sent the link.
Then last night when I thought I'll go through with it, the website sold out.

I'm taking it as a good thing. When there are sales we can all get a bit impulsive. But I'm trying to keep it under control.

I wound up just getting 3 decants of fragrances I've had on my wishlist for a while now: 1861 Naxos, Jubilation 25, and Jazz Club. I almost got Amouage Royal Tobacco but I'll do that next time. I wanted to keep this impulsive buy under a certain dollar amount.

To vent a little, Macy's is so worthless. Earlier in the year I had a few hundred dollars in bonus points so I was able to get a couple of good fragrances for next to nothing. But those dollars have been used up. So now I get these coupon codes for 25% off and $50 off....but they don't apply to any brands you would want.

There are colognes that Macy's carries that...if I could use the coupons...they would STILL be a little more expensive than Fragrancenet or Fragrancebuy, but I would buy it at Macy's just because of the convenience. A $15-20 difference isn't a big deal to me. But I'm not giving up a $50-80 difference. I honestly don't even know how this company manages to stay in business. If JC Penney and Sears went to shyt, I don't understand how Macy's is still standing when they're the same thing.
Naxos is really, really good. That lemon really makes an impression on me. I'm not entirely sure why people consider this a winter scent. This feels way more Spring/Fall to me. But I could pull this off in the winter. Worth the money? I'd say no. I'm going to get a bigger decant of this. But I don't see myself getting a full bottle.

Jazz Club...jesus christ I'm addicted to the tobacco and rum in this thing. This really smells like some grown man shyt. I'd probably only want like a 50ml bottle of this, but considering I can find a full bottle for around $100, it's probably worth that. And I'd just live with the fact that it might take a few years to go through it all. Hype beast or not, I'm not sure why this doesn't get more appreciation.

Jubilation 25....I'll say this....it's unique. I don't have anything that smells like this and that opening is a punch in the face. This shyt is powerful. I can't say it smells bad. It just has a lot going on. A LOT. With more time my opinion can change but I can't envision a scenario where I'd reach for this. Not worth a full bottle, especially for the price. I got the blackberry up front and to me the wood takes over. Or maybe it's the oud. I don't know. I'm a little scared to sample the other Amouage scents if they're all this loud.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Day Three is the next small house that is going to get the Argos push, they been popping up more and more.

I own one bottle from them, Ambar Dominicano (coca cola + spiced dominican rum drink) tbh probably my best pickup of the year. Haven’t smelled their latest, Filosofia, tobacco joint that is getting a lot of hype.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Day Three is the next small house that is going to get the Argos push, they been popping up more and more.

I own one bottle from them, Ambar Dominicano (coca cola + spiced dominican rum drink) tbh probably my best pickup of the year. Haven’t smelled their latest, Filosofia, tobacco joint that is getting a lot of hype.

I've been meaning to check La Tacita de Cafe from them. Cuba and a smaller channel was bigging them up.