brehs lets talk cologne game

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I've been meaning to check La Tacita de Cafe from them. Cuba and a smaller channel was bigging them up.
It’s pretty cool. They included a sample when I picked up AD. Realistic cup of coffee w/ caramel and brown sugar. Can’t say I’m a big fan of coffee though so I passed on a full bottle. They have a decent deal on their discovery set $30 to try everything

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Got this today! :gladbron:

shyt got that pina colada scent but not too sweet!
shyt project like a mafukka too!

Imma buy up the whole Lattafa brand!

I also ordered Asad and Oud for Glory but Amazon claimed they delivered it but I ain't got them.
Yhey gave me a refund and hopefully I still get them delivered and get to have them for free. :wow:

That's done happened beaucoup times with Amazon orders! :mjgrin:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Changed my fragrancenet subscription to get:

Bois d'Iris Van Cleef & Arpels

by Van Cleef & Arpels

bg_273403_100000_m

Not enough Iris like I was expecting!
This smells good and powdery on clothes but barely smell it on skin!

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Got this today! :gladbron:

shyt got that pina colada scent but not too sweet!
shyt project like a mafukka too!

Imma buy up the whole Lattafa brand!

I also ordered Asad and Oud for Glory but Amazon claimed they delivered it but I ain't got them.
Yhey gave me a refund and hopefully I still get them delivered and get to have them for free. :wow:

That's done happened beaucoup times with Amazon orders! :mjgrin:
I got the black bottle last year for like $15. shyt is really good.
s-l1200.webp

Oud For Glory is a powerhouse and Amethyst is one of the best rose frags I've smelled.
oudlattafa.jpg

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I got the black bottle last year for like $15. shyt is really good.
s-l1200.webp

Oud For Glory is a powerhouse and Amethyst is one of the best rose frags I've smelled.
oudlattafa.jpg
Yo I'm thinking about getting that Aethyst!

I already ordered: Ameer Al Oudh Intense Oud

I'm going to wait and see if Amazon send me the 2 I got a refund for not getting so I won't order them till January or so.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I fukked with Marc Jacobs for men for mad years, but they stopped making it and the market for it is wild - they want like $350 for a small bottle. Anyone know a cologne that has similar construction/notes/smell?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yo I'm thinking about getting that Aethyst!

I already ordered: Ameer Al Oudh Intense Oud

I'm going to wait and see if Amazon send me the 2 I got a refund for not getting so I won't order them till January or so.
I have that one too but only use it when it's blisteringly cold outside. By The Fireplace on steroids. Another nuclear frag from Lattafa.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I fukked with Marc Jacobs for men for mad years, but they stopped making it and the market for it is wild - they want like $350 for a small bottle. Anyone know a cologne that has similar construction/notes/smell?

Never tried that one.

Parfumo says Ferrari Noble Fig. I don't know how available that is.

If it's the fig that you like most, Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi is another one to try.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A year ago (or maybe it was earlier this year), I copped a decant of Aqua di Gio Profumo based on WIA's posts.
I thought it was fantastic. Then it got cancelled and I never got around to getting a small bottle.

The other day I got a little decant of Aqua di Gio Profondo and I fukking hate it. I'm not saying it's a bad scent because it's super popular and a lot of people online say it's their signature scent. But I didn't like it at all.

Test everything, folks.

:hubie:

Daps
i blind bought house of sillage minnie mouse yesterday on 30% off..... :lupe: i hope it smells delicious

so this finally came in and i been testing it for about a week. it's smells real nice. but idk if it's my nose specifically or whatever but the sillage is actually NOT that great especially for the brand to be named house of sillage! like, i can't smell it after a few hours.

oh well, ill have to figure out how to finesse the sillage somehow. been thinking of giving it to my niece who likes minnie mouse. but imagine a 4 year old with a $400 dollar bottle of perfume lol.. lil bougie

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of Parfumo - this is their current ranking for 2023 for Men

Out of the 100, I've heard of about half, and only put my nose on 9.

There is a lot of Zara on the list. 26% at least.

On this list, I'd say the clear winner is JPG Le Male Elixir, and Myself is prolly #2
Yeah I don't buy that shyt about Creed Absolu being that popular or good.
I think a lot of people just bought it to flex because it's expensive.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
so this finally came in and i been testing it for about a week. it's smells real nice. but idk if it's my nose specifically or whatever but the sillage is actually NOT that great especially for the brand to be named house of sillage! like, i can't smell it after a few hours.

oh well, ill have to figure out how to finesse the sillage somehow. been thinking of giving it to my niece who likes minnie mouse. but imagine a 4 year old with a $400 dollar bottle of perfume lol.. lil bougie

That'd be hilarious. Flexing on all them other chicks in pre-school.

Have you done the coffee bean test? Where you inhale some coffee beans and check to see if your fragrance is still there?