Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
I couldn’t really get into Sedley the mint note smelled like breath to me lol

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
I couldn’t really get into Sedley the mint note smelled like breath to me lol

I like the spearmint note. Mint with the citrus is refreshing to me on a warm day. Mint is a note that can be polarizing with fragrances though. You either love it or hate it, so I definitely understand.

My only complaint with Sedley is that it doesn’t last as long as I’d like. I have the large size, so I just hit an extra spray or 2.

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
I like the spearmint note. Mint with the citrus is refreshing to me on a warm day. Mint is a note that can be polarizing with fragrances though. You either love it or hate it, so I definitely understand.

My only complaint with Sedley is that it doesn’t last as long as I’d like. I have the large size, so I just hit an extra spray or 2.
Agreed for sure PDM definitely has some hitters…I want to like them all to have the bottles in my collection…

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The samples arrived.
There are no surprises here. I don't have anything exotic or unknown.

I'll just say that Cedrat Boise is worth the hype for me. But of course, all this stuff is subjective. I could get a full bottle but I'd love it if I could find something like a 50ml bottle somewhere. I'm not sure I need 100ml of anything.

The Virgin Island Water is fantastic. That coconut really hit me. I'd be good with like 20ml or something to hold it down for a summer or two. It's certainly something I don't smell every day. People are going to notice this shyt. I can kinda see how that coconut and vanilla might irritate some people though so best to go somewhat light with the sprays, even if it doesn't last super long.

Someone here posted Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim. I'm curious what that might smell like, given that I don't think I've really seen it recommended anywhere. Is it a typical summer fragrance? I don't know. Maybe.

Next sample might be that Bohemian Lime that WIA talked about once or twice.

I don't know what's good from Parfums de Marly, but that sale is interesting.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what's good from Parfums de Marly, but that sale is interesting.

Nothing worth blind buying.

The main ones that people rock
  • Layton - Apple
  • Herod - tobacco
  • Carlisle - Not sure why people like this one
  • Pegasus - Root Beer
  • Greenley - Green Apple
  • Sedley - Citrus
I haven't put my nose on the Greenley or Sedley, but Layton and Herod are solid. Carlisle and Pegasus are just okay to me, but they have huge fans.

Less popular - Layton Exclusif - which I like a lot. Oajan and Habdan - which are more middle eastern/spicy type joints.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing worth blind buying.

The main ones that people rock
  • Layton - Apple
  • Herod - tobacco
  • Carlisle - Not sure why people like this one
  • Pegasus - Root Beer
  • Greenley - Green Apple
  • Sedley - Citrus
I haven't put my nose on the Greenley or Sedley, but Layton and Herod are solid. Carlisle and Pegasus are just okay to me, but they have huge fans.

Less popular - Layton Exclusif - which I like a lot. Oajan and Habdan - which are more middle eastern/spicy type joints.
I'm not a person that needs the rarest things ever. That's not a motivation for me.
When it comes to fragrances, I'd like to have things that aren't common within my circle, you know what I mean?

Let's say Herod is super popular at summer events in Miami Beach. I'm just making shyt up here. Dude, that's not my circle. So somebody could say "nah don't get that shyt. I smell it all over the city"

Yeah but if I'm not in that world, I don't care. Around me, the shyt is uncommon so I'm good with it.

I'm not even talking about Parfums de Marly or anything. I'm talking in general.

Like, I'll tell you this. On my commute home this week...from the office to the train station...no bullshyt I must have smelled Bleu de Chanel from somebody on the street every day. To the point that, even though I own it, I don't even want to wear it now. And I do like it, to some degree. I was crossing the street and a girl had it on. It caught me off guard.

So I'm just looking for things that are unique around my circle. And to be fair, if the shyt is uncommon to you @WIA20XX it's probably gonna be uncommon to everybody. Because you're way down the rabbit hole here.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a person that needs the rarest things ever. That's not a motivation for me.
When it comes to fragrances, I'd like to have things that aren't common within my circle, you know what I mean?

My nose is not that good to really detect anything but the most popular scents. Angel, BR540, Sauvage, and that's it.

There are different schools of thought when it comes to collecting fragrance.
  • Personal enjoyment, eff everyone else
  • Hoes Love It and the only reason to buy things is for broads
  • Inoffensive
  • You ain't up on this my Ninja
  • I don't want to smell like the riff raff
  • Signature, you smell this you know it's me..
  • etc
I'm lean more towards wearing what I like. If I ran into someone rocking Bleu de Chanel, I'd think that dude has good taste.

Case in point, I'm at UGK concert in the mid 90's. Foley's had a sale on Polo Sport. I copped one. Ran into a dude rocking the same one, got it at the same sale. Gave him the nod and kept it moving.

It's okay for cologne motives to not match up.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My nose is not that good to really detect anything but the most popular scents. Angel, BR540, Sauvage, and that's it.

There are different schools of thought when it comes to collecting fragrance.
  • Personal enjoyment, eff everyone else
  • Hoes Love It and the only reason to buy things is for broads
  • Inoffensive
  • You ain't up on this my Ninja
  • I don't want to smell like the riff raff
  • Signature, you smell this you know it's me..
  • etc
I'm lean more towards wearing what I like. If I ran into someone rocking Bleu de Chanel, I'd think that dude has good taste.

Case in point, I'm at UGK concert in the mid 90's. Foley's had a sale on Polo Sport. I copped one. Ran into a dude rocking the same one, got it at the same sale. Gave him the nod and kept it moving.

It's okay for cologne motives to not match up.
I understand your point.

But I go back to the example of...you bump into someone with the same shirt as you. Or the same sneakers.
I don't want to come off as some elitist a$$hole. I'm not coming from an angle of "I would never be caught dead wearing what these guys are wearing". But to me it's just awkward. I feel like there's enough variety and options out there in fragrance that I don't want to be at the bar smelling like 8 other people.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I understand your point....
I feel like there's enough variety and options out there in fragrance that I don't want to be at the bar smelling like 8 other people.

There is, but you can find that at Macy's.

Most men don't wear cologne. (over 70% are just using soap and deodorant, if that)
Those that do, don't wear it all the time.
Those that wear it all the time, it's usually 1-4 bottles. (and they don't tend to overspray!)

And chances are these folks are wearing the most popular designers out there. Sauvage, Dylan Blue, Bleu de Chanel, Eros. Maybe Gucci, Maybe Prada, Maybe YSL's Y - and that's prolly a gift from a fashion label obsessed GF.

Just wearing low rent Jimmy Choo, John Varvatos, Coach, or Burberry will set you apart from everyone else.

This would make a good YouTube video. Stand outside of the club and ask dudes what cologne they're wearing.

I say wear what you personally enjoy. The only limit I set on it, is to not choke people out.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Smelling like the next girls ex brings its own complications. Like I sad in a post previous about the Limbic and how it relates to scents, emotions and recalled events.

Being fragrant now is way more common than it was in, say, the 90s but most people do tend to congregate around the same scent.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
So the event wasn’t anything special.

Could be because I got there late, but they just had a larger than normal Initio section with the raw materials that make up the notes in the fragrances with reps directly from the company. They had free drinks so there were chicks there just for the champagne.

They had headphones and with soundscapes that are supposed to help you “experience” the smell as you sample it
:laff: :stopitslime:

I’m like get tf out my face with this corny shyt, but it was cool talk to the sales rep directly from the company he had a lot more knowledge than the average dept sales rep. Once he saw I knew a little he came down to earth.

I lucked up because it was the end of the event and they were trying to get rid of the samples and stuff they didn’t use.

I bought Atomic Rose and they gave me 3 10mls (Blessed Baraka, Psychedelic Love, Oud for Happiness) for free and then like 4/5 other 1.5ml samples.